Allow FD members to CK characters with injuries incompatible with life.

Duke

Allow FD members to enforce CKs on people whom have injuries incompatible with life in Cop v. Suspect RP scenes and perhaps others. These CKs will need to be approved by an admin.

With the current rules surrounding CK, people can only be CKed in RP if they RP dying, with this it's impossible to CK because FD always manage to save them. 

Allow FD to determine if a person's injuries are incompatible with life, a person with 6 gunshot wounds in several limbs & along the torso & abdomen should not walk out of hospital 20 minutes later fully recovered. 

Most incidents where people are severely injured are brought on by themselves, whether it's evading police or enrolling in a gang which involves repercussions, re-validate the lost element of fear in this community by allowing FD to enforce CKs unto deserving people, who think they can simply get shot a few times then carry on with their character. It'll make people think twice before committing once in a life time, dangerous actions, instead of them shooting at a cop, then recovering 20 minutes later in hospital to go back to what they were doing and maybe shoot and die again tomorrow. 

If there is a grey area, where the FD member isn't sure if the person would survive, or in general, the RNG script can be utilised. 

I'll knock a few queries off the bat before even posting, FD can't abuse this, an admin has to approve it, we're a 3rd party anyway. 

Does this mean cops get CK'ed? Probably not, they wear Kevlar and in comparison to civilian homicides it's rare for an officer to fall in the line of duty. 

Can someone wanting to RP a car crash get CK'ed? If they're RPing something ridiculous like their neck being ripped open and their head hanging on by a thread, yes, but generally no. Again, would need to be approved by an admin but this should generally be used in Cop v. Suspect. 

Thoughts, comments, concerns? 

Not supporting. Only the administration team should be the people who can enforce CK's and rule when it is valid or not.

CKing someone is a very, very heavy punishment for people. You simply wipe off someone their entire progress. When is it valid to get CKed? Maybe a civilian comes into an accident or in a shootout and gets shot, do we simply wipe off their character?

I understand your frustration but it is the same as the prison system. People walk out of their crimes in no time but we have to wait for the time to come so it gets resolved.

Enforcing CK's upon people is not going to be a solution for people to be more careful. If anything, people will force other's to CK and appeals will be made to rule this out again. It will just be a big hickup. 

Just now, David Dalton said:

No. The game is still unoptimized and people shoot 20 rounds at someone in order to take them down script wisely. The idea is nice but right now it shouldn't be implemented.

I've never come across a patient who's been downed by gunfire to have 20 shots in /damages.

Just now, Tseard said:

Not supporting. Only the administration team should be the people who can enforce CK's and rule when it is valid or not.

CKing someone is a very, very heavy punishment for people. You simply wipe off someone their entire progress. When is it valid to get CKed? Maybe a civilian comes into an accident or in a shootout and gets shot, do we simply wipe off their character?

I understand your frustration but it is the same as the prison system. People walk out of their crimes in no time but we have to wait for the time to come so it gets resolved.

Enforcing CK's upon people is not going to be a solution for people to be more careful. If anything, people will force other's to CK and appeals will be made to rule this out again. It will just be a big hickup. 

I very clearly stated it would be up to an admin to agree to the CK or not. 

CKing someone is a realistic option for someone open firing on an officer, or looking to get shot. Maybe people will roleplay fear if they actually fear anything happening to their character when they shoot at a cop, or evade and get shot. 

Civilians shot in cross fire wouldn't be CK'ed, I very explicitly said Cop v. Suspect. 

No one can force anyone to CK, they make that choice when they willingly put their character's life at risk. 

It's valid to get CKed when you willingly engage in behaviour that can get your character killed, such as evading from police and drawing a firearm on them.

Just now, cryybabyycryy said:

No thx. Not only would this turn into a mess of reports and more for the admin team to deal with..illegals would just stop utilizing FD. (If they use them at all?)

It'd involve a single report, would this person's injuries and their situation justify a CK. 

"illegals" never utilise FD anyway, 90% of our GSW calls come from police. 

Just now, cryybabyycryy said:

I didnt mean an initial report..i mean the mess after. Not many are just gonna take a ck and walk away. Either way the nicest way I think i can put it is..this communtiy is not mature enough to handle it.

They'll simply have to. We can't not implement an idea we potentially like because certain players aren't mature enough to handle the consequences, that's an absurd proposition. 

There would be no mess after, the admin's word is final. 

So what is your suggestion then? An admin can already make the decision to force someone to CK. If you feel like this would be CK able, report it in-game?

What is the point of making LSFD enforce CK's, then having an admin agree over it.

That's basically me making a report in-game ''Hey, this dude has done this and that, is it possible to CK him?''

Edited by Tseard
  • Keane locked this topic