All these XIII factions...

iAMTemple

I agree 100%. A lot of people point to, 'Well look how many of [X] is in LA!'

Yeah, also look how many normal people are in LA. I think it goes without saying that that'd be the the overwhelming, grand majority. When thirty percent of the server is cops and thirty percent of the server is criminals you're already in completely unrealistic territory so the 'but muh myriad of gangs' argument can be thrown out the window.

If there's going to be this much criminal RP, and this many gangs, a bit more creativity would be nice.

2 minutes ago, borhoi said:

I agree 100%. A lot of people point to, 'Well look how many of [X] is in LA!'

Yeah, also look how many normal people are in LA. I think it goes without saying that that'd be the the overwhelming, grand majority. When thirty percent of the server is cops and thirty percent of the server is criminals you're already in completely unrealistic territory so the 'but muh myriad of gangs' argument can be thrown out the window.

If there's going to be this much criminal RP, and this many gangs, a bit more creativity would be nice.

Just because all these gangs have adopted the "13" does not mean they are at all alike. Inside of these gangs are individuals, whom all have different personalities.

Just now, Portz said:

Just because all these gangs have adopted the "13" does not mean they are at all alike. Inside of these gangs are individuals, whom all have different personalities.

I'm not just speaking to the '13' gangs. I'm speaking to the argument that there's X amount of Sureno sets in LA which means any amount of Sureno sets on GTAW is realistic. This just isn't true. Criminals are statistically waaaaaaaay over-represented on GTAW, so any argument made comparing the demographics of LA to the demographics of the server are null and void.

And as far as each '13' gang being different, in the interactions I've had with the various sets, they all seem to act strikingly similar with no one gang seeming to stick out or differentiate itself from the others. That's my experience and I've seen nothing to make me think otherwise. But, of course, it is just my experience.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, borhoi said:

I'm not just speaking to the '13' gangs. I'm speaking to the argument that there's X amount of Sureno sets in LA which means any amount of Sureno sets on GTAW is realistic. This just isn't true. Criminals are statistically waaaaaaaay over-represented on GTAW, so any argument made comparing the demographics of LA to the demographics of the server are null and void.

And as far as each '13' gang being different, in the interactions I've had with the various sets, they all seem to act strikingly similar with no one gang seeming to stick out or differentiate itself from the others. That's my experience and I've seen nothing to make me think otherwise. But, of course, it is just my experience.

Exactly.

This isnt about statistics and numbers, it's about the creativity put into these factions. Just like borhoi said, when a new XIII pops up, I also see nothing unique. Within my year here, I've also seen so many XIII factions pop up and within a month they get archived. 

My point mainly, don't start a XIII faction just because you think its 'cool' to be a bad ass central American that kills everything. Because let's be honest, all it takes is a Google search and "Oh, I wanna be able to justify my DM, let me hop on the bandwagon". Join one.

But then again, what I've witnessed when attempting to run and portray proper character / faction development through Brouge Block Boys (Eventually possibly wouldve been a Blood/Piru set), it was almost impossible to do so because everyone was so fucking trigger happy and quick to pull the "wassup nigga, empty yo pockets because I'm a bad ass gangsta".

Perhaps it's more of a roleplay quality issue.

• Applaud 1

Yawn. Can say the same thing about every other faction on here. Again, what's the point in this discussion?

The people you're judging would probably be exactly the same regardless of what faction they have chosen to portray. There's actually no point in this thread, lmao.

• Applaud 1
6 hours ago, iAMTemple said:

Perhaps it's more of a roleplay quality issue.

It is, and I've talked to a few staff members about this before and to be fair, if its absolutely terrible portrayal you can most definitely shoot a role play quality report out to player management so they can keep an eye on said player or players.

My main beef, as stated, is with the samey-ness of the factions but moreso with the ratio of 'hardcore gangbangerz' to normal people. Hell, even hardcore gangbangers have thoughts and feelings and opinions and motivations outside of wake up, grab my gun, shoot some people, rape some women, have a corona with my eses, shoot some people, go to bed, wake up, repeat.

• Upvote 1
On 6/3/2019 at 5:34 AM, Portz said:

What's the point in this thread?

Can't say I disagree with Portz. Why would we prevent people from RPing Surenos, especially in LS which is more or less the perfect setting for them.

Part of what I find fun about Surenos RP are the relations between sets. I really don't see the problem with having a bunch of them. 

• Upvote 1