R&R News - Malt Salt: The Alamo Alehouse

uWMCGYC.png

Malt Salt: The Alamo Alehouse

Published: 2nd of June, 2019                          Author: Emilia Russo 

5aOg6ak.png

Nestled comfortably outside the doldrums of the city's numerous clubs, yet inside the overlooked Sandy Shores between Marina Drive and Algonquin Boulevard is the Alamo Alehouse. Touting itself as the state's "place for anyone", the Alehouse is the latest business by hospitality entrepreneur Stefano "Stef" Baldasarra and his step sister Carina B; united as step siblings by the marriage of Stefan's father with Carina's mother. Either can usually be found behind the bar with their own unique approaches to hospitality.

Stefano hailed from Napoli (Naples) over a decade ago when he was just 23. Wasting no time, Stefano flew through the University of San Andreas, Los Santos with Francesco Senarighi. Together they leapt into bartending jobs, built up their capital and leased their first bar in their late twenties; plucking the ownership of established venues The Vault and the Muscle Peach bar for their portfolios. His fellow European Carina traversed from the Netherlands to San Andreas to join Stefano in becoming "all-American Followers of the American Dream". As Stefano's straight-man foil, Carina humorously considered herself a "family asset, and as you can tell, he needs a lot of help" by tending her own openings as a pseudo-co-owner whenever Stefano isn't around due to gallivanting on his business obligations elsewhere, sometimes even at Sneaky Pete's (the West Vinewood equivalent).

Nearly 2 months into the venture is no mean feat in a business scene flitting through a revolving door of owners staking their own superfluous GRAND OPENINGS.

GpQPxr8.png

Stefano Baldasarra & Carina B

The Alehouse is a whip of fresh air in an arid town; as both Stefano and Carina effortlessly explain:

Stef: Well, that's the whole point. Our place? We want it to be like family. The best friend you can always turn to. The bartender that you know will take care of you, give you a ride home if you're too drunk, or call a cab. We have pretty high standards for ourselves, and for the people we would employ. So we end up picking up most of the slack ourselves. Yeah, that's why it's hard for us to employ other people. I don't see this as a job, it's not something I clock out of. Around Sandy Shores, we're the people folks can turn to if they have a genuine issue, or just want an ear to talk to.

Carina: Taken two stumbling lasses home now myself. 

With such a focus on keeping things focused on a friendly environment, what are their views on employing people in the near future? 

Stef:  We haven't even tried, truth be told. Like Carina said, the two of us take care of openings like clockwork, and Frankie's always brewing enough to keep our cooler full.

Carina: Haven't done it. Hands-on approach to our business.

While now is comfortable, what is the future for the Alehouse and their second similar venue calling the city its home? 

Stef: I think in the long-term, we're going to repeat our current business model. We're building a very strong collective of people that regularly come. And our regulars, once strangers to each other, are becoming friends too. That's the most fulfilling part to me. Is knowing people are making friends because of my business, friendships that last beyond the walls of my bar. Maybe even the state. Most places I go, everyone's on their phones. Sitting in corners of the bar, all anti-social like.

Carina: Just need to be engaged.

Stef: It's the bar's fault, for not making you feel comfortable enough to speak to strangers. I strike up conversation with every person that comes through my doors, and I try and spur them into making conversations with my other patrons. This way I help break the ice for folks to get to know each other.

Carina: It ain't hard. How's it been, where you from, been here long? Whaddya do.

Stef: It really isn't... But it takes a little effort. Effort not many other bars are willing to give. I think Carina would agree... Since we're so far outta' Los Santos, we feel like we have to bring more to the table to encourage people to make the drive. That's why we offer a very different environment than nearly all the bars in the city.

All of this without mentioning the house special Alamo Ale:

Stef: So we've drank a near infinite amount of beer. We bring that experience to our brewery. Alamo Ale is an old-school beer, something that's reflective of how old-school Sandy Shores is. It's a brownish ale too, got a little more flavour to it than a cheap lager; a lot more love too

So, in need of a real bar with real people? Venture outside your comfort zone today to the Alamo Alehouse! 

W2auWiY.png

R&R is an independent news source operating from Los Santos, with coverage across the city and its associated counties. 

R&R operates freely under Article I, Section 2 of the San Andreas Constitution.

Edited by Ribsey
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic