Making Gun Shot Wound roleplay more enjoyable - but how?

Cobra

I think it'd be cool if there were tiers of treatment as well. A civilian can buy a basic first aid kit that treats cuts, scrapes, and bruises, maybe even a blackmarket could pop up for medical equipment so people could "treat" certain injuries outside the purview of FD to avoid legal attention. Then for factions like PD, a more advanced BLS kit with additional stabilization options like gunshot wounds and broken necks. For FD, they carry the big-boy kits that stabilize everything from gunshots to the lungs to compound fractures/fractures that have broken through the skin and severe burns.

I think FD should have a lot more script support than many communities let them. If you relegate them to a purely roleplay driven faction, many people will simply go AFK or leave midway through conveniently to avoid it. I don't object to roleplay driven factions dependent on their function, such as government, but the Fire Department needs script support - dynamic fires, brush fires, injury scripts, and beyond.

Edited by Bospy
3 hours ago, Bospy said:

I think it'd be cool if there were tiers of treatment as well. A civilian can buy a basic first aid kit that treats cuts, scrapes, and bruises, maybe even a blackmarket could pop up for medical equipment so people could "treat" certain injuries outside the purview of FD to avoid legal attention. Then for factions like PD, a more advanced BLS kit with additional stabilization options like gunshot wounds and broken necks. For FD, they carry the big-boy kits that stabilize everything from gunshots to the lungs to compound fractures/fractures that have broken through the skin and severe burns.

I think FD should have a lot more script support than many communities let them. If you relegate them to a purely roleplay driven faction, many people will simply go AFK or leave midway through conveniently to avoid it. I don't object to roleplay driven factions dependent on their function, such as government, but the Fire Department needs script support - dynamic fires, brush fires, injury scripts, and beyond.

Being able to buy a first aid kit to deal with your own minor wounds would be awesome. And a blackmarket popping up for illegal medical practice with 'backstreet' clinics would be even awesomer! This would be great for illegal RP. I support this 100%.

So perhaps First Aid Kit, BLS Kit, ALS kit. First Aid Kit to be bought in 24/7s, BLS Kit and ALS Kit only available for medical organisations/certified organisations. 

"many people will simply go AFK or leave midway through conveniently to avoid it." this is a huge issue for us. Often the people we roleplay with, and some of ourselves, go AFK or leave halfway through roleplay. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, Keane said:

There needs to be more emphasis on load and go rather than encouraging the faction members to perform surgeries on the sidewalk.

It's not enjoyable for the person to sit through 10 lines of medical terms they don't understand because someone that recently got ILS certified wants to try to set up an IV due to a pulse being slightly below normal. It's not enjoyable either for the cops to stand around waiting to be shot at. This results in the cops putting pressure on FD and that makes FD hate the scene too. 

Being a first responder in real life; it's not "surgery on the sidewalk". The whole purpose of role playing an intravenous line is to ensure they don't pass en route to the hospital. Mostly every call I run in real life gets a line put in just for the case that we need to push some sort of medication in the case of a situation that they code (cardiac arrest/flat line) on us. This whole idea of "rushing" fire department role play is so redundant, you're going to get to where you're going eventually. We join a faction because we enjoy it, we don't join to be rushed during the role play that we learn in order to BENEFIT the server. I guarantee if there was a lack of a fire department, ninety nine point nine percent of the server would complain and want us back.

An IV is literally just wrapping your bicep/forearm in a tourniquet, palpating to find a vein, shoving X gauge needle into said vein, flushing it with saline, and connecting the lock tubing. A casual role player can get that out without hassle, if it's taking them so long to type then they shouldn't be on a computer.

If you're going to role play some thing, do it right or don't role play it. The entire point of role play is /realism/. Don't ruin someone else's fun (who mind you may not have AS MUCH FUN AS YOU DO on this server because of the faction they're in) because you're impatient or bored.

I haven't been in the fire department long, but A LOT of the people in this faction are very in depth with their role play. Some of them will even role play being distraught about a bad call and going into a depression. The least you guys could do is help us out and entertain us, we don't do this for us lol. I could careless if there was a fire department, I do it because I know how to do it and can offer it to the server. I have not seen any "robomedics" as you put it.

EDIT: Apologies if this came off as me being a dick head, but I am so sick of people who have no idea what it takes to be a firefighter whether it's in-game or in real life, talking about "surgery". It's called PRE-HOSPITAL care for a reason, we don't do surgeries, we do stuff to ENSURE you get to a hospital alive or stable enough for THEM to have a chance of helping you. I have gone from server to server with the SAME exact attitude towards the fire department faction and it never changes. People see them as doctor's and they aren't (with the exception of Alexandra Klenova). We do what you see as "surgery" so you can live, we don't have equipment to do "surgery on the sidewalks", loading and going to a hospital would result in a lot more death. We practice real material just as you do in the police department, obviously we're going to do it right and not half-ass it.

Edited by OutlawPC
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 3

To me just sounds like people are shooting over too much stuff? 

Got robbed by someone? Hunt them down and shoot them.

etc etc etc

Get more creative criminal rp'ers lmaooo wtf get 4 friends together beat someone to a pulp with hammers

do something fun for once instead of just "wow gunshot"

58 minutes ago, cracked said:

To me just sounds like people are shooting over too much stuff? 

People on this server are hellbent on revenge by all means possible, You cause a minor inconvenience in my life? Sorry, gotta kill you. 

• Upvote 1

I think some thing should be introduced to scare people into not dying or half-assing their role play. A character kill for X amount of police and fire personnel on scene would do it certainly, other servers used it and it raised the bar for medical-legal based role play substantially. People aren't scared because they know they can grind for their stuff back and not lose their character or it's items.

Edited by OutlawPC
On 6/2/2019 at 8:33 PM, Westen said:

Personally, I'd say one of the big things I am not a fan of is the time it takes for anything to be done. It takes a long time for them to be prepped and loaded, and I often find myself tabbing out at medical scenes because of this.

For example, someone was shot in the arm in Forum Drive - the most dangerous area of the server as it stands right now. It took twenty five minutes for FD arriving, to them being loaded up and transported even though a tourniquet had been applied.

Well.. the problem is from my past experience on other servers FD was the most boring faction and the least active one as well.

I'm planning on joining the FD as soon as I RP'ly finish my last month in the Los Santos University, Emergency Medicine classes. I'm honestly inclined to RP as much as it needs to. Like some said, it's about realism. I don't spend hours on reading medical practices, learning names of this and that just to be told "rush it bro, move fast". No, this is a heavy RP server focused on realism, right? Idc if you find it boring, idc if you get annoyed. I will RP, AS MUCH AS IT NEEDS TO BE depending on the situation.
TL:DR? Keep things as they are, don't rush and enjoy the RP.

Edited by SezzeseParola

If this is a heavy roleplay server, how come wounded people are hopping around after an hour since treatment?

There should be a jailtime alternative for people that ended up severely wounded. You caught a bullet? Fine, gotta roleplay the EMT response and procedure then, wham, hospitalized for X minutes or hours (this kinda would apply for people in downed state by default.).

• Upvote 1