Making Gun Shot Wound roleplay more enjoyable - but how?

Cobra

3 minutes ago, Marcus. said:

Regarding point 1 of the last quote. Nor have I the desire to diminish you to that.

Regarding point 2 of the last quote. That should be followed up by administrative consequences, that is sub-par and unacceptable.

Regarding point 3 of the last quote. Liaise with PD Staff Officers or Faction Management and have that sorted out. I personally have always enjoyed roleplaying with FD as police officer previously, especially when it became extremely immersive even over the most trivial matter, such as a broken ankle.

Now for the rest of the quotes, to keep it short and simple. For the first quote, it seems rather like you can make it enjoyable. But is immediately contradicted by the second quote, and that is where I came in from originally. Why do you only show us the basics? And I've asked that before and never received an answer, what is more enjoyable for you a basic GSW with little to no engagement, or a fully immersed scene where everyone does their part? I guess I know the answer already.

Third quote with context it is quite clear, without it makes it look quite strange really. If a player can't be bothered to roleplay, I'd still give my best to at least shine even if the other party does the bare minimum. That's the exact attitude that might be an issue. Are you maybe wasting your time? Sure. Did you enjoy showing off your knowledge and practicality to the surroundings? Probably?

Fourth quote, I would say you are more than qualified to do that actually. A normal player does not know everything about medical treatments so give them at least an opportunity to maybe dive deeper into it, even when they are just patients.

And this is the patient attitude that needs to go. Yes, it is game, but you expect proper roleplay on other scenes, FD expects it here. So treat them as you would like to be treated and give them some entertainment.

Marcus, if you read the other replies from the admin and developer, they don't want us doing sophisticated in-depth roleplay. 

The point about BLS is that people are saying our RP is too complex, when it's literally only BLS roleplay. Again, you've completely misinterpreted this entire thread and I suggest you read it from the beginning. 

I have read the entire thread don't worry, otherwise I would have not voiced my opinion. Do I disagree with the statements made by the staff? Yes.

I want you guys to enjoy the scenes too, but I have to agree with you I absolutely have misconstrued some of the points you and everyone raised here without fully considering the context they were written in mind with. However, I also hope you understand the point where I am coming from, that to some extend you can also dictate and write a scenario for other people and maybe get them to enjoy it more, even if its just a basic GSW. And you also have the knowledge about the matter to say what is right and what is wrong, which you could use to create an immersive scene for you and everyone else.

But definitely no hard feelings from my side.

Edited by Marcus.
52 minutes ago, Fraggloid said:

I'd like to issue all three of you a challenge.

Join FD. Roleplay with us. See what we do, day-to-day, and see how things work. I'm sure you'll quickly change your views when you see how dedicated, involved and enthusiastic our members are towards our roleplay. 

You'll also get a chance to see the sheer weight of calls we get that are repetitive, where the player just wants to get it over and done with because they crashed fleeing from PD, or pulled a gun and got shot and killed. You'll see our side of the discussion, and I'm sure you'll end up agreeing with us. 

We're here to roleplay, not provide a /revive command. 

I already have done. I was active for a few weeks before a combination of things meant I had to go inactive and I quit the server for a bit. I'm not challenging the roleplay itself, I'm challenging the length of time between getting there and getting out. 

11 minutes ago, Duke said:

Marcus, if you read the other replies from the admin and developer, they don't want us doing sophisticated in-depth roleplay. 

That's not exactly correct. Sure, have in depth roleplay all you want; there's a time and a place for it - for example, when somebody overdosed on the floor of their apartment. Sure, do it then, but if you're tabbing out to wang up some medical jargon for this poor Forum Drive gangbanger that's taken a nine mil to the arm, that's not appropriate.

I think it’s fucking ridiculous to have a whole fucking operation on the sidewalk lol. Just pick the person that’s hurt up & go. I’m pretty sure if someone’s rping being hurt there’s a lot of rp that went into it already. I don’t think we need 500 lines of WHAT IS YOUR PULSE and DOES THE BLEEDING STOP?  I personally experience a lot of RP fatigue in these situations and it would just be a lot easier and funnier if there was a pick up & go emphasis. I’ve Rpd for an hour and a half with FD in the middle of the road because someone got shot before. That’s crazy, especially if it’s your average boring someone got shot rp. If it’s something a little more interesting like someone’s giving birth or something knock it out of the park.

Edited by Captain
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Westen said:

That's not exactly correct. Sure, have in depth roleplay all you want; there's a time and a place for it - for example, when somebody overdosed on the floor of their apartment. Sure, do it then, but if you're tabbing out to wang up some medical jargon for this poor Forum Drive gangbanger that's taken a nine mil to the arm, that's not appropriate.

Why one rule for one, another for another? I personally don't tab out anyway, it's only BLS RP which is most of what anyone does, IV therapy, which is ILS, wouldn't be too lengthy anyway. 

We like RPing medical RP, we will not diminish our standards so the poor forum drive gangbanger can treat us like a taxi service. 

Just now, Captain said:

I think it’s fucking ridiculous to have a whole fucking operation on the sidewalk lol. Just pick the person that’s hurt up & go. I’m pretty sure if someone’s rping being hurt there’s a lot of rp that went into it already. I don’t think we need 500 lines of WHAT IS YOUR PULSE and DOES THE BLEEDING STOP?  I personally experience a lot of RP fatigue in these situations and it would just be a lot easier and funnier if there was a pick up & go emphasis. I’ve Rpd for an hour and a half with FD in the middle of the road because someone got shot before. That’s crazy 

Is this a meme? Go onto a DM server buddy. This is a heavy RP server.

All I’m saying is there’s not a soul on this server who wants to rp for 2 hours on the side of the road after they were shot. & with my post above I’m definitely not saying skip all of the roleplay. 

Edited by Captain
Just now, Captain said:

All I’m saying is there’s not a soul on this server who wants to rp for 2 hours on the side of the road after they were shot. 

Of course they don't, thanks for proving our point. They want to shoot folk, get shot, then get a free /revive and trip to hospital. 

Just now, Duke said:

Of course they don't, thanks for proving our point. They want to shoot folk, get shot, then get a free /revive and trip to hospital. 

But the issue is that you shouldn't be spending 2 hours roleplaying with someone that's been shot at the side of the road.

• Keane locked this topic
  • Keane unlocked this topic