Regarding Potential Accusations - A Statement

6X7u7LB.png

A Statement From Saints News

Regarding potential accusations from Weazel News

Introduction

This is a statement that I never thought I'd have to make, and one I hope I'd never have to do make again.

According to sources that I trust, Saints News has been accused of the following:

Paying Nigel Stanton a monetary sum to protest against Weazel News.

Below would be the transcript of the conversation I had with the source over FaceBrowser, the source did not wish to be identified at this time. All other aspects of the images are unedited.

FGNgeTO.png

AjJl8Kx.png

I have also attached a sound recording from one of my reporters regarding this issue. Please see attached for the audio.

Here is their signed declaration regarding the truth in this audio.

adf496669de4e03f06859952645c89e1.png

The recording would begin:

Kalani Jamil says: I need to know absolutely everything you have been told and by whom.

Emily McCarty says: Just some people at a party offering me jobs at their company.
Kalani Jamil says: What did they say about Saints and Nigel?
Kalani Jamil says: And who?
Emily McCarty says: I don't know who, I don't know them.
Emily McCarty says: But they were saying that Kalani works with Nigel.
Kalani Jamil says: Be more specific.
Kalani Jamil says: What did they say exactly if you can recall?
Emily McCarty says: Uh, that... Kalani pays Nigel to support his bullshit.
Emily McCarty says: Causing the shootouts around Weazels.

Please allow me to dissect that by each individual part.

"Paying Nigel To Protest Her Company"

This is completely untrue. This is the list of staff expenses for the past calendar month.

eeba0d4d2a30d951cb845ad17392b147.png

I don't take a normal salary from Saints News - if I can't place it in expenses, I will occasionally take from the account and replace when I am able to.

44489055c722702d8f4338fe0e09173f.png

Saints News would like to emphasise that government officials have received the document and will be available to confirm that this document is accurate. To explain the expenses, Rent is for office, costing $12,000 a month, travel is for fuel and electricity charges for our vehicles. Wages are obvious, listed above. Vehicle Rentals was due to damage to my work vehicle. Debt repayment is the amount awarded to our debtors, and our interest payments are the percentage of interest we have paid on those debts. Staff expenses contain a $6000 payment to SecuroServ and $530 in expense claims filed by our employees.

There is no room at all in our financial statements for any payment to and from with Mr. Stanton. 

I will say this now, and if needed, I will say this in court. Saints News have never and will never pay money to Nigel Stanton. 

78c143638d87def8bfa3ad4131b25a7c.png

1cc7113f4f0ad7b41da6a96ebb7913b2.png

d7fce109efa5389443aa95650af958aa.pngbdce07fb4ab17d84f125844b9a3dfea1.png

As you can see, I rejected any attempts of Nigel to set up a sponsorship for his protest, outright refusing. This was the only time that anybody at Saints News or K-Media Group (Saints News' parent company) had any conversations with Nigel about setting up sponsorship for his event. Please note that the "I will talk to you about it, though" refers to the interview that took place.

The transcript of that interview was never published, however, for the sake of clarity, it is seen below.

Nigel Stanton: This is my manager, Alan Kaida.
Kalani Jamil: Pleasure.
NS: And this is his lousy cousin, Clyde no-one-knows-his-fucking-surname.
Alan Kaida: Pleased to meet you.
KJ: Nigel, you've gained infamy throughout the city for your attacks against Weazel News. How did this all start?
NS: Well, firstly I wouldn't describe them as attacks, they are just peaceful gatherings. We are food reviewers, and now we review media.  Well, we still review food, it's all we do. I just don't like Weazel. Irene is not a good woman. The things she has done to us... are sickening.
KJ: What is it that you claim she's done? I use claim to protect you from libel lawsuits, not saying it's untrue.
NS: She is in bed with the fascists.
KJ: No, I want you to go into it, nobody has any idea how this all started.
NS: Well, it all started with that damn smile.
KJ: You say she's with fascists and she's done horrible stuff to you, but nobody knows how it all began.
NS: It's a long story...
KJ: What's the full story here? You're speaking with the press, we kinda' do long stories.
NS: Alright, the first time I met her, was right over here. : At your party, remember? In my opinion, she was staying far away from my buddy Jamaree Williams, a black man. I believe I heard her say something rude to him based on his skin colour, but I'm not too sure.

NS: So I did a little research. Woodfront is associated with her, they are her disciples. I could see it in her eyes, her disgust towards ethnic minorities, and those who park in disabled parking spots.  Even though they are rightfully eligible to do so! We hosted our first gathering a few days back outside Weazel. The police detained my friend because he was below the poverty line. They targetted him based on his appearance. I thought, hey, this could be a coincidence, there's no way she is really a Nazi. But at the second rally, I heard something which shocked my world. She called me 'autistic'. Because I have Aspergers, she thinks it is acceptable to make fun of me for this. I left my home country, the UK, due to belittlement based on my disability. So to be here, and within a few days, I am discriminated against based on my disability, this is appalling.  thought, at least, if it was just me she was mocking, I could handle it. But she turned her attention to the crowd. She called a random protestor of African heritage, a hoodie. And ordered the police to detain him. I believe this was racially motivated. She disrespected a war veteran, and also insulted Works Noodle House.  After all of this, I still was not sure. Until the Woodfront piece. Now, I am utterly convinced that Weazel News is employing a fascist racist Nazi bigot, who enjoys harassing the innocent. Any person who wishes read GOOD news should go read Data Wars, or Saints, or R&R. Or, Nigelicious. So, after all of this. went to Alamo Alehouse, the best brewery in Sandy Shores. And it all sunk in, she's a racist, for real. I had only a little suspicion prior, now we all know, Me mate, Bazza, the Essex one, not the nonce. He told' me that she touches kids too. But I don't know about that one.

KJ: So what's next for you and your "peaceful gatherings?" What are you actually expecting from this?
NS: We are hosting events through Saturday to Sunday, starting at 7pm. Outside Weazel News HQ, please find more information at the OCCUPY WEAZEL page on Facebrowser. Our end goal, is for people, everywhere, regardless of race, religion, sexual attraction, or hair loss, to be treated equality. We want a FAIR and JUST media, one that isn't monopolised by the fascists. We just want to feel like we are human, ya'know? I just want everyone to know, that I'm an ordinary guy. I like ordinary stuff.

Out of respect for both Irelia and Weazel, we decided not to publish this interview due to the unsubstantiated claims within it.

Much earlier, we rejected Nigel's offer of his food reviews.

b4abf2345252368476ac0a6048674974.png

This never came to fruition before the foundation of Yum! Magazine was set, and Nigel was not contacted in regards to a position with Yum! Magazine.

Nobody at Saints News held any further meetings with Nigel Stanton following this, and no communication was undertaken by phone or FaceBrowser.

Hearing of these accusations, I sent the following email to Irelia Podhajna.

"Hello Irelia,

It has come to my attention that you are under the impression that myself or Saints News have either partially or fully funded the protests on yourself and the Weazel Corporation by Nigel Stanton, I would sincerely like to correct this as it is completely unsubstantiated and false, I have never offered money in any capacity to Mr Stanton or Nigelious and have actually rejected an offer to advertise his company in Saints News. I have never, to any person, claimed I have offered money to Mr Stanton or anyone affiliated with his movement and have kept a purely journalistic impartial view.

On a personal level, I disagree with the actions undertaken by Nigelious and any known affiliates as I believe that the best way to beat Weazel Corporation is by offering a competitive and high quality product in our articles. Let me be absolutely clear, we have not, nor will ever, sponsor any such event. Saints News would like to provide financial records and phone messages to any interested party regarding this issue to ensure that all parties understood that we are absolutely shocked by these allegations and will provide any evidence possible to prove the contrary.

Kindest Regards,

Kalani Jamil."

I have not yet received a response.

512959dc810e8faaa804cbef45e5c458.png

I contacted Nigel for a comment regarding his involvement in this, as you can see above, he declines all claims that Saints News was involved in paying for his protests. This means that these claims have not come from Nigel nor Saints News, the fact that they have been given any attention is shocking to me.

"Cut Your Funding"

While these claims are at this time, without verification from anybody at Weazel, I would like to make a more general statement at this time regarding anybody wishing to shut down Saints News via attacking our method of funding, in which we remain completely transparent about the fact that we rely on advertisements to provide our high-quality journalism. Without it, it would be fair to say that Saints News would struggle without the money we get from advertisement, including an inability to pay for our staff, host our corporate events and pay for reimbursements for our other costs, including our office space and our Honest Review series. However, as fair as it may be to say, it also remains completely untrue.

If every single one of my advertisers pulled out tomorrow, Saints News would continue, if I was hunted down by madmen wanting to kill me, Saints News would continue, if I was bankrupt and living in my car with just my phone to keep me company, Saints News would continue, If Saints News became bankrupt and under the ownership of administrators, I'd make a new Saints News, If I died tomorrow with a bullet in my skull, Saints News would continue. Let me be absolutely clear - you can come for me, you can come for Saints News, but I assure you, I'll do anything I can to stop you and carry on providing to Los Santos. Saints News will stand against any attempts to attack our source of funding and all advertisers, future, past and present will be briefed on this situation as it unfolds. We do not pay for protests, we do not pay for anyone to harm our competition, we have never, and will never, pay any monetary sum towards Nigel Stanton, I hope I have made myself absolutely clear on this.

Concluding

Anyone who has been involved in spreading these claims while being a member of the media has truly let themselves down, they have let their news companies down and they have let the media down as a whole. I respect all competition, I embrace it - it makes Saints News better, I will not, however, accept unsubstantiated claims against Saints News to go unpunished. I will not accept unverified, untrue accusings of Saints News go unpunished. Anyone in the media involved in this, should frankly, be ashamed of themselves. It is your job as a journalist to get evidence, to actually be able to back up what you say, to be able to provide true and fair news, if you have spread these rumours that are essentially akin to Chinese whispers, you have failed in your duty as a journalist.

I do not want war, I do not want to argue, I don't want to go through courts, I do not want to be fighting Weazel on the big stage nor anyone else involved, Irelia Podhajna is someone I considered a friend and I do not want to fight her or have this blasted from every corner of Los Santos. My one and only intent behind this is to clarify to Podhajna, my employees, my clients and anyone else interested in this the true side of the story. My warning to anyone out there is to be able to provide evidence and back up your claims. Saints News and I will not tolerate false allegations and any attack on our independence as a news organisation, and we will especially not stand for any attempt to steal our clients using lies and falsehoods.

I do not have any idea whatsoever the origins of these allegations, but I hope that this statement puts them to rest. Anyone wishing to ask further questions can contact me. 

Let me close this statement with Rudyard Kipling.

Thank you for taking the time to read the right side of the story.

"If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,   
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,   
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,   
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!"

Yours Faithfully,

Kalani Jamil.

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, Law said:

Name: Anonymous

Comment: I’ve never heard of these accusations so I don’t know if your energy was put to good use. Seemed a little edgy towards the end for a reputable news source.

Name: Saints News

Comment: These accusations were revealed to me by a client, an employee and someone I saw associated with Irelia.

Name: ZofiaC

Comment: As an employee of Weazel News, internally, we never discussed Saints News involvement with mister N. Stanton inside the company and neither have we discussed cutting Saints News funding off (not like Weazel News would be even capable of doing such a thing). If anyone from WeazelNews did discuss that, their decisions, thoughts and ideas are entirely their own as it has not been officially discussed in our weekly meetings. 

The fact that you jumped the gun and made an article before these accusations towards Saints News were confirmed says a lot about Saints News as a credible news company. Especially because now, you have a large article without any evidence other than hearsay from the people around you.  - Infact, the way you managed to talk with everyone involved but the one you accuse of accusing you shows you're excluding Weazel News from the loop. Which indirectly means that you're instead of looking for proof, creating more hearsay in the city about false accusations until proven. Don't you think that's a little bit unfair, Saints News?

And just a disclaimer: All my thoughts and ideas are that of my own, and are not at all tied to Weazel News in any way.

Edited by cookiejar
4 minutes ago, cookiejar said:

Comment: As an employee of Weazel News, internally, we never discussed Saints News involvement with mister N. Stanton inside the company and neither have we discussed cutting Saints News funding off. If anyone from WeazelNews did discuss that, their decisions, thoughts and ideas are entirely their own as it has not been officially discussed in our weekly meetings. However. The fact that you jumped the gun and made an article before these accusations towards Saints News were confirmed says a lot about Saints News as a credible news company. Especially because now, you have a large article without any evidence other than hearsay from the people around you. 

Name: Saints News

Comment: This is not an article, this is a press release.

When an employee, a client and a person whom our managing director had overheard have all confirmed the same thing with no connection to one another, it's clear that this isn't jumping the gun.

Our managing director heard this conversation with Irelia's accusations, we're also aware at attempts to poach our staff.

Instead of your further attempts to discredit us, why don't you apologise? 

Comment: I don't believe Weazel News has anything to apologize for. And considering I'm only an employee of Weazel News, I do not believe I am in the position to apologize if Weazel News had anything to apologize for.

As for my personal opinion and how I would've done it as a journalist, those thoughts and ideas are my own and I will not apologize for those. I truely believe you jumped the gun, and went with the slightest evidence you could get your hands on just to discredit Weazel News. That is something Weazel News wouldn't do in this day and age.

Have a pleasant day.

Just now, cookiejar said:

Comment: I don't believe Weazel News has anything to apologize for. And considering I'm only an employee of Weazel News, I do not believe I am in the position to apologize if Weazel News had anything to apologize for.

As for my personal opinion and how I would've done it as a journalist, those thoughts and ideas are my own and I will not apologize for those. I truely believe you jumped the gun, and went with the slightest evidence you could get your hands on just to discredit Weazel News. That is something Weazel News wouldn't do in this day and age.

Have a pleasant day.

I have no issues with Weazel News.

I have an issue with an attack our our independence and our funding.

Irelia is someone I considered a friend, a good one, at that. Hearing these accusations from her, herself, was difficult and it looks me some time to process.

While I've not accused them of anything, I'm aware of these accusations and I'm simply clarifying them in this press release and attempting to locate where these rumours have arrived from. Again, I have no problem with Weazel News, I appreciate where you're coming from, but this is my own and Saints livelihoods under attack by these rumours and it's important that this is nipped in the bud.

Thanks for your comments, they've definitely given me cause for thinking. I always enjoy honest and fair opinions and I want you to know it has not gone to waste.

Kalani Jamil

• mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic