LSFD: [MAY 2019] Monthly Bulletin Newsletter 11

Cobra

Los Santos Fire Department

Monthly Bulletin Newsletter #11 - May 2019

Opening Statement

Lieutenant Degtyarev out with our Probationary Firefighters; Bell, Hunter and Clayton. 

The month of May has seen gears turn for our probationary firefighters here at the Los Santos Fire Department, it has seen our training regime become reinvigorated with a new and up to date schedule and we see our divisions being filled out by the new recruits who have past their probationary stage. We believe the hard work of the past is paying off for this department and so our standards are rising! 

With the summer on our doorstep we expect fires to become more prevalent and we are preparing for any and all situations we might respond to. In the previous month, we have responded to a variety of 911's such as shootings, vehicular fires and unfortunately a plane crash all too recently. Each and every one of our employee's will be ready to step into any and all situations and hopefully, we can continue to save lives. 

Firefighters Injuries

Left: Firefighter Malcolm O'Connor, Right: Firefighter David Bell

This month we send our thoughts, and our prayers, to four of our own who were injured in the line of duty just several days apart. 

On Sunday, May the 26th, 2019, a one story residential house in Paleto Bay caught fire, and two fire engines were assigned to combat the blaze. Firefighters David Bell and Firefighters Malcom O'Connor were tasked with a primary search of the building. During the primary search a partial collapse occurred within the household trapping both firefighters, Bell and O'Connor. 
At great self-risk Battalion Chief Chloe MacKenzie and Firefighter Ashleigh Huston prepared themselves to enter the burning building and rescue the two men. It was a very challenging and tense endeavour to pull both the firefighters our from the building. Once Bell and O'Connor were rescued two of our ambulances arrived to transport the men who were in critical condition. They were taken to Paleto Medical Bay Center to await Life Flight 1 which would then transport them to Los Santos in critical condition. They have since been dismissed from the hospital.

You can read more about the incident by clicking here

Left: Firefighter Piper Robinson, Right: Ashleigh Huston

Only a few days later on Tuesday, May the 28th, 2019, a shooting occurred in Chamberlain Hills. One ambulance with Firefighter Robinson and Huston was dispatched to the scene. Shortly after arrival, Firefighter Robinson was shot, and Firefighter Huston was hit by an object believed to be a vehicle. One additional civilian was also injured in the shooting. The incident was upgraded to a Mass Casualty Incident involving four patients, dispatching three more ambulances and a command vehicle. 

All patients were treated and transported to an area hospital with serious injuries. Firefighter Robinson and Huston, who was in a coma, have since been released. Robinson has recovered well and is back to her normal duties as a Firefighter, while Huston continues to recover. 

You can read more about the incident by clicking here

Reinstatement of Ryan Lionheart

Deputy Fire Chief Lionheart

In may mid-month Former Fire Chief Ryan Lionheart was reinstated into the Los Santos Fire Department as our Deputy Chief of Operations. When asked to comment on his return, the new Deputy Chief had this to say: 

Deputy Fire Chief Ryan Lionheart said: It is an honor to be able to return to the Los Santos Fire Department as a Deputy Fire Chief after a short and brief month and a half of absence from the department. I have had to take an emergency trip back to my home town for personal business. Following my abrupt departure I had continued to chase my career from my home town, then travelling across various cities and states for different Fire and Rescue technological conventions in which I had the opportunity to experience multiple new concept ideas for technology and safety equipment within the Fire and Rescue field of work. I have since returned to Los Santos and am delighted to have the opportunity to join the High Command team within this very department once again, especially with the new faces around and having seen how the department has striven to success.

Training

Firefighters conduct training in Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus at Mirror Park.

This month in the Los Santos Fire Department, we have had a heavy focus on the training regime of our department, particularly in fire & rescue due to last month's release of our new guideline in that field, not to mention the influx of probationary firefighters who need the lessons. The training that's been conducted with our department has varied from PPE kit checks to ventilation and primary search operations. We have also arranged BLS lectures with the Police Department, headed by Lieutenant Klenova.

With recruitment now reopened as of last Thursday, we anticipate a lot more probationary firefighters and thus more training for them and our staff present. Our goal is not only to make sure the firefighters we send out on calls are trained to the standard we're known by, but are trained to perform beyond the cities expectations and perhaps, beyond the expectations we, as a department, set our employees. It goes without saying, safety is paramount and that is one of our fundamental goals, to keep the public and our employee's safe and through dedicated training, we will achieve that. 

You can contact Lieutenant Alexandra Klenova, MD with the below contacts, if you have any queries about training.

Office Number: 06914745
Office Email[email protected]

State Fire Marshals

Fire Marshal Robinson standing by her Fire Marshal vehicle. 

The State Fire Marshal division is one of our most important divisions in the department, the job of the fire marshals are to uphold the fire safety regulations within the state of San Andreas and to investigate the cause of many fires we see ignite all over the state. these past few months the Fire Marshals have had an influx of business owners applying and adhering to the San Andreas Fire Code by requesting for a business inspection.

One of our state Fire Marshals for a comment regarding inspections: 

Fire Marshal Piper Robinson said: The State Fire Marshals have gained some traction with the public this month. Sadly not all business owners take fire safety serious. We get mixed responses when informing business owners of the mandatory fire safety inspection. We make sure to be polite and friendly by going to businesses to remind them of their lawful responsibility, as we understand business owners have a lot on their plate as it is and easily overlook this part of running a business. I'd like to take the opportunity to inform business owners of the Fire Code and advise them to give it a quick read.

Here is the San Andreas Fire Code along with all other relevant documentation:
Fire Safety Inspection RequestSan Andreas Fire Inspection Fees

Awards

• Kristy Hough

• Frank Osborne

• Marcia Ambrose
  • Mikayla Reed

• Piper Robinson

• Sean Edwards
  • Malcolm O'Connor
  • Brody Chapman
  • Brandon Johnston
  • Ashleigh Huston
  • Oswald Fredrickson
  • Leilani Morikawa

• Sean Edwards
  • Malcolm O'Connor
  • Brody Chapman
  • Brandon Johnston
  • Ashleigh Huston
  • Oswald Fredrickson
  • Leilani Morikawa
  • Issac Hunter

• Sean Edwards

Promotions

Promotions:
Firefighter I --> Firefighter II

• Sean Edwards
  • Malcolm O'Connor
  • Leilani Morikawa
  • Brody Chapman
  • Ashleigh Huston
  • Brandon Johnston
  • Oswald Fredrickson
  • Issac Hunter

Firefighter III --> Engineer

• Marcia Ambrose
  • Kristy Hough
  • Piper Robinson

Captain--> Battalion Chief

• Chloe MacKenzie

Battalion Chief--> Deputy Fire Chief

• Frank Osborne

Transfers:
Transfer --> Firefighter II

• Jake Addington

Reinstatements:
Reinstatement --> Deputy Fire Chief

• Ryan Lionheart

Staff Statistics

The following are statistics for the number of members within the Los Santos Fire Department. 

High Command Staff: 3
Fire Chief: 1
Assistant Fire Chiefs: 0
Deputy Chiefs: 2

Command Staff: 1
Battalion Chief: 1
Fire Captain: 0

Supervisory Staff: 3
Fire Lieutenant II: 2
Fire Lieutenant I: 1

Non-Command Staff: 30
Engineer: 5
Firefighter III: 1
Firefighter II: 8
Firefighter I: 13
Volunteer Firefighters: 3

Total members: 37

Chief's Statement

This month newly re-instated Deputy Chief Ryan Lionheart will be giving his own statement in place of Fire Chief Lucas Bjorn due his absence.

Deputy Fire Chief Ryan Lionheart said: During the month of May, a lot has happened. A variety of changes have taken places within the department and a lot of training sessions have been held. This month has been a particularly busy one with a large influx of rookie firefighters all requiring training in various Fire and Rescue and medical certifications. A lot of tragedies have also taken place this month with a total of four firefighters having been injured on scene of various calls. I wish all of the involved a speedy recovery back to full health. On the more positive side, we have experienced incidents which some of us have never seen before, however we were prepared for such incidents thanks to our Training and Recruitment team and Battalion Chief Mackenzie for her efforts in drilling our firefighters for every situation. We have very big changes to the department and new opportunities for employment coming in the near future, so be sure to keep your eyes open for interesting new openings! Here's to a better future. Thank you for reading.

That concludes this month's bulletin. Thank you for reading,
LSFD Public Relations Team

Edited by Cobra
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic