Does California Exist?

We're trying to portray real life. Yes, we live in the fictional city of "Los Santos", and "Vice City" and "Liberty City" replace NY and Miami, but what about the other 47 states? Do we just say "Nevada" or "Texas"? It makes everywhere more complicated to the point where half of what we say is from GTA and the rest is from real life. Replicating real life, in my opinion, makes everything much easier. Merely replacing existing states with "GTA ones" makes everything more complicated than it needs to be.

6 hours ago, Brett said:

Kinda hate to be that guy, but will it honestly matter either way if it exist separately from SA or if it's combined? Nobody is going to be punished for RPly doing either, as in the end it really doesn't matter. And honestly I would prefer it to be ambiguous at this point, because unless you're going to drill it into everyone's head that SA and CA are either the same or entirely different places (Which nobody here is going to do), I don't see it even worth having the conversation to try and define it. Like, are you really going to be the mongoloid who is like "SA IS CA, OMG MY IMMERSION, ADMIN PLZ BAN!" Unless the server is going to enforce it by admin punishment, I don't see it worth even a real discussion. My two cents on the issue. 

Brett's right. There's no sense in having this discussion outside of a rule suggestion. Personally, I think it should be made clear in the rules that GTA Universe locations have replaced their real world counterparts to keep continuity. It does not make sense for there to be a Los Santos and a Los Angeles, nor a New York City and a Liberty City. 

Should be left ambiguous if not outright replace CA. I've always envisioned San Andreas as being much larger than it is than the game lets on - for instance, you can roleplay there's tons of counties off-map on some sort of "mainland." That way there's a more realistic explanation for why the state is the size it is in-game. IIRC Rockstar planned to add San Fierro in a later update based on a Russian leak but never got to it because multiplayer was too profitable.

There's no reason to discuss it. We're in the process of establishing a continuity team which will determine what's what, LS's location included. 

The information will be available for all players so hopefully continuity will be able to answer a lot of these questions. 

• Upvote 1