Business Commission Fix

Short description: Basically, the commission system is broken and needs to be fixed.

Detailed description: I'll try to make this as simple as possible. Currently, the commission is equal no matter how many people there are on shift. This causes issues, especially in the mechanic garage business where I have trouble managing cash flow. I'll be using an engine upgrade ($8000) as an example.

I want to offer 50% commission for employees, and here is the issue when different numbers of people work. We usually have 2 employees working at the same time, so the commission is set to 25% to cancel this out. Here is what the issue is:

(Half of the money for the mod dissapears, or goes to parts)

1 mechanic working: 1k to the worker, 3k to the garage.

2 mechanics working: 1k to each worker, 2k to the garage.

3 mechanics working: 1k to each worker, 1k to the garage.

4 mechanics working: 1k to each worker, Nothing to the garage.

This causes a rather large issue because the commission is very inconsistent with the number of employees. This has a rather easy fix though:

Set the commission to be divided to the number of workers on shift, then the commission can be set to 50% in the script. This is what the payments will look like:

1 mechanic working: 2k to the worker, 2k to the garage.

2 mechanics working: 1k to each worker, 2k to the garage.

3 mechanics working: 667 to each worker, 2k to the garage.

4 mechanics working: 500 to each worker, 2k to the garage.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? This allows for mechanics (and other jobs including shop cashiers and gas station workers etc.) to make more money when working alone and most importantly keeping the 50% commission consistent. Also, this would allow for a more extensive Management RP including finance, which is currently made very difficult due to the lack of cash flow analysis for the reasons stated above.

Additional information: None

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2

How has this not gotten more responses? Definitely support and needs fixing. This is part of the reason some shops and businesses set commission so low and have workers rely on tips. The amount of money that disappears is sort of ridiculous, to be honest, but that's just my personal opinion.

Bump. Supported 100%.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...