PK and CK

21 minutes ago, HaveADream said:

Does a stranger need a lift? Trap. Did someone smash up your car? Leave it, you might die. Did someone kidnap your friend? Sucks to be them, not losing my character for it! Going outside? Might get hit by a car doing 100mph. Staying inside? Someone might break in, get scared and CK you.

Please understand the risk is astronomically higher in GTA World than the real world, I get that you're trying to make it workable, but I'm struggling to see how it does so. 

I get there needs to be stronger consequences for the risks we all take with our characters, but not like this.

i think the general idea is that the scenarios that you are mentioning wouldn't occur so frequently with such a ck system in place but regardless;

"stranger lift trap" - theyre risking you being armed with either a PF weapon or an illegally acquired weapon and defending urself when they try to kidnap you. if you valued your characters life, you could take the kidnapping and roleplay it through. if your character is the type to try and defend himself, by all means, go for it. if it ends in a CK for either party it's fair game.

"my car got smashed up" - the response from both parties shouldn't end in death, period. if someone kills you over your retaliation (which should not be to kill them) for them smashing up your car, it's absolutely unrealistic and should be reported. 

"my friend got kidnapped" - again, nobody in real life goes vigilante mode to try and save their friend from a random kidnapper. thats absurd and would never happen. youd just call the police and roleplay the scenario out properly.

"i got hit by a car and died" - this is probably one of the only scenarios where i would argue a PK is better than a CK. losing development and whatnot to something as meaningless as what could be a desync, lag-filled car crash is definitely a negative side of the pro-CK argument - but regardless, it could always be appealed and looked into. maybe you could roleplay being in a coma or staying in the hospital for a few weeks instead of having to CK.

"someone broke into my house and shot me" - you shouldn't get shot if someone breaks into your house and gets scared of you. it's not an entirely unrealistic scenario however given the server rules it'd most likely fall under being deathmatched. if you try and retaliate against someone who has broken into your house, however, then it's entirely on you and you - for lack of a better term - started it, as would be the case in real life.

vote yes for all deaths being cks today

I'll be honest here and say we don't hold people accountable for the unrealistic stuff they RP. Why should other people have to suffer by being  CKed because someone decided to randomly RP a typical OG Hardass and kill someone for a shitty reason wasting weeks, months if not years of character development?

We currently cannot function on a CK only system.

Just now, Pinkerton said:

I'll be honest here and say we don't hold people accountable for the unrealistic stuff they RP. Why should other people have to suffer by being  CKed because someone decided to randomly RP a typical OG Hardass and kill someone for a shitty reason wasting weeks, months if not years of character development?

We currently cannot function on a CK only system.

Did you even read the thread? An application to have your character kill reviewed/appealed -which negates said shitty reason(s)- has already been talked about.

Just now, aloegarten said:

Did you even read the thread? An application to have your character kill reviewed/appealed -which negates said shitty reason(s)- has already been talked about.

In the meantime any RP i had planned or was attempting to do at the time which has nothing to do with the incident is now ruined. I don't like constantly making new characters I prefer long term RP and I REALLY don't like having my time wasted by something that shouldn't have been a problem to begin with. If the reason is shitty I shouldn't have to justify myself, it's up to them to justify their own actions.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, aloegarten said:

Yes, let's give busy admins even more shit to do. What a great idea! LOL.

1 hour ago, lonex said:

because people usually don't kill someone after having something as a mere vocal argument,

https://www.ajc.com/news/man-shot-death-over-xbox-sale-gone-wrong-wife-says/1M5jjWPdP6olXOrmoQqVUL/

This is a common thing in the States. People die over trivial shit and it's a part of every day life.

Not going to bother fleshing out a massive post because it'll be ignored anyway. Accept the fact that life (the thing you are roleplaying) has consequences, many of them unfair. There are no protective bubbles around you in real life, they shouldn't be around you here neither.

As for the below quote, this isn't even a problem. Most of us would happily enforce this.

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

3 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

Except that if it was such a 'poor reason to kill' in the aforementioned post it should be pretty easy to give a verdict, implementing such systems would also probably slow down the volume of forum reports. But keep quote mining.

5 minutes ago, Pinkerton said:

In the meantime any RP i had planned or was attempting to do at the time which has nothing to do with the incident is now ruined. I don't like constantly making new characters I prefer long term RP and I REALLY don't like having my time wasted by something that shouldn't have been a problem to begin with. If the reason is shitty I shouldn't have to justify myself, it's up to them to justify their own actions.

Does killing not ruin the roleplay in general, though? Having people roleplay around it, then having them figure out those awkward moments of talking to the person you just saw shot and roleplayed mourning and crying over 45 minutes ago. Sure, it's a time waste, but it would also be a time waste to have to deal with an admin situation, or worse, a forum report, no?

Edited by aloegarten
Just now, Pinkerton said:

Well.. most players already do this anyway if they're a victim of another players actions that would otherwise be considered rule breaking. The difference here is yes.. they would otherwise be forced to have it looked into if they believe the opposing player to be rule breaking.

2 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

This pretty much coincides with reports and the current forum report system could be changed around. Theoretically speaking it may give admins more work yes, since there may be a select few of players that don't generally bother with reports.

But all this would do is create MORE admin situations because more people will be reporting for bs kills not to mention having to wait 3 days for someone to approve an appeal because my game bugged out while I was talking as a passenger in a car and made me eject at 70MPH into a guardrail and there weren't any admins around.

There are just way too many issues at this point to implement a ck only system.