How do I roleplay shooting injuries while driving?

Chipsdose

• 2 weeks later...

You should make every attempt to roleplay it realistically, including not being able to drive as a result. Obviously, it's harder to type /me and drive at the same time, however, I think in most cases where you're shot and driving it would be very hard for you to continue driving normally or driving at all. 

What I usually do is... let's say you were shot and your arm is bleeding. Well, disregarding the pain, you'd be allowed to drive pretty fine and without a big struggle, however, if you were shot in any other area that'd be crucial, I usually drive as bad as I can, attempting to portrait my struggle to keep the steering wheel straight and holding my pain.
Once you hop out the car, make sure you continue that RP and go a little bit further/deeper.

Because you're performing a mechanical function - you can RP it accordingly through mechanical movements. Your actions may be disorientated, your control over the car may be terrible. This is all subjective dependent on the severity of the shooting, and where it hit you RPly. If you think that you may not be able to realisitically drive due to the wounds? Then don't.

What you can also do is, is once you've driven slightly type a /me - then continously using the built up momentum of the car use a few seconds to type of a few /me's - this is dependent on how fast you can type tho. Ultimately, if you go into a situation with a good mentality to tell a story rather than win? You'll know the right thing to do ?

Edited by Vulcar