Make rape RP against the rules.

Brox

Just now, mother_superior said:

if that's the case then make a report on said individual(s), i believe most of these instances have a fair share of build up. 

Perhaps I’ve been unlucky in the situations I’ve witnessed then, as every time I’ve seen it attempted there’s been no build up and it’s so transparently somebody motivated by exploring some OOC fantasy. Just don’t get why these people are allowed a platform.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Brox26 said:

Perhaps I’ve been unlucky in the situations I’ve witnessed then, as every time I’ve seen it attempted there’s been no build up and it’s so transparently somebody motivated by exploring some OOC fantasy. Just don’t get why these people are allowed a platform.

if you honestly believe this is an issue, catalog the times this happened to you or those that have done it and report them. rape is a real part of life, and happens frequently in various gang cultures. i dont see why something like that would be against the rules.

again, if there are previous transgression that you feel that need to be actioned, then by all means report them to Player Management, or on the forums if you believe a rule is broken.  

I’m not talking from personal experience but over my time on the server I’ve seen it proposed through ooc means a lot and it’s so rarely been motivated by any sense of ic development or story sense but rather just some deviant degenerate hoping to get off irl. Like I said, this thread is just to see if this is a common thing and it so to raise the debate about additional moderation on the process of applying for perms.

Everyone has to read, understand and rewrite the offensive RP rule before being allowed onto the server.  Everyone is aware that rape is considered offensive RP and that it requires consent, and that it can be stopped at any point by either party.  Regardless of what you think the OOC motivations are behind that particular RP, making a rule against it all together is pointless when, as it stands, the people who don't want to participate in it that RP simply don't. 

If the consent isn't given and someone is harassed because of it then it needs to be reported as Mother Superior said.   On that note, I'm locking this as the suggestion serves no purpose due to there being a rule that's already in place.   

• Upvote 1
  • KV locked this topic