Make rape RP against the rules.

Brox

Whilst I get that on very, very rare occasions, it can be character development between consenting parties, on every occasion I’ve noticed somebody attempting to do it, it’s been entirely apparent their motivation wasn’t character development or story progression but rather a spontaneous rape perms request over dms usually followed by the token “your loss” or whatever when the person declines that roleplay. In my opinion, most of the time it’s just the individual being motivated by their own..questionable fantasies, rather than any legitimate roleplay intentions, so I suggest that either A, people can roleplay rapes or other offensive sexual assaults but only in so much as a quick time skip ‘fade to black’ scenario with two consenting parties, where an emote in do like “A rape takes place” and it’s left at that.

B it’s forbidden full stop and punishable Under the terms of the rules.

C, like house breakins, an admin has to be present if only briefly to assess that it’s absolutely a situation where it’s a total character progression thing and an entirely IC affair rather than a horny boy behind the screen.

Just my two cents, I don’t agree with rape rp in the casual ‘spots a female and drops her a message asking for random rape perms’. I think that should be a bannable offence. 

Edited by Brox26
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

If all parties involved consent then I don't see the problem with it. If someone is bothered by the RP they can just not consent, or even withdraw consent whenever they please. 

Imo it’s just a vehicle for people to get their rocks off over questionable fantasies and not the kind of thing that should be facilitated by a rule. If somebody is so adamant their character needs to have been a rapist then just say it happened in their back story. Like I said, on the situations I’ve been around where I’ve seen it come up it’s usually just out of the blue and for no apparent reason, and even usually followed by said requester getting sandy that they weren’t allowed the perms, which I think speaks for itself about the motives behind it. 

Edited by Brox26
  • Upvote 1

I wholly agree that it's just a weird, awful, degenerative... fantasy, I guess, for most people who'd even bother requesting those permissions. I don't like it as a development tool in any sort of writing, and I don't like it as a roleplay scene, either. 

At the same time, I think the current system regarding offensive roleplay is fine. If someone agrees to the roleplay, then they're in the same boat as the initiator, is all I can assume.

I’m not going to post any evidence as it would be naming and shaming and whilst personally I’m fine with people like that being called out, I’m not really interested in getting an admin record for it, but yesterday I witnessed somebody ask for rape perms, the person who played the female rebutted them by saying they didn’t give consent and wouldn’t, and then said agitator proceeds to continue telling them about how they’re missing out on something ‘hot’ etc. It’s just a way for weirdos to harass people for dark fantasy rp.

I know what you are probably thinking reading this, that’s just one individual right? Nah, I’ve witnessed the same thing over and over by different people, and I’m sure a lot of people reading this have encountered the same BS. Save admin time, take the platform away from the weirdos and ban it. ?‍♀️

Edited by Brox26
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Stephen_Hodgetts said:

I don't understand why anyone thinks it's ok though. I agree with Brox that it's just a way for individuals to get there rocks off but get salty when they're told no.

Having so many regulations to what you can/can't roleplay is no good. The current system is fine as is and if someone wants to 'get their rocks off' then to each their own. No one is forced to partake in the roleplay so ?‍♂️

Just now, mother_superior said:

i mean sure its degenerate, but its ic. thats why there is the ooc consent rule for it. noone is being forced to do it. 

I’m not sure it is just IC, though, as most of the time it’s out of the blue with zero build up and usually followed by a fair share of ooc hounding when the victim declines ooc.

Just now, Brox26 said:

I’m not sure it is just IC, though, as most of the time it’s out of the blue with zero build up and usually followed by a fair share of ooc hounding when the victim declines ooc.

if that's the case then make a report on said individual(s), i believe most of these instances have a fair share of build up. 

• KV locked this topic