/reportstolen with your vehicle ID

Hi, currently the /reportstolen command is great and it works, but except who actually remembers their license plate number? I mean IRL I have my  registration paper in my wallet.

So very simple solution, if you could use your vehicle ID from the /vget list instead of license plate number.

Or another solution is to have the license number of your vehicle in the vehicle list.

Thoughts?

Edited by Mattkov
19 minutes ago, Mattkov said:

Hi, currently the /reportstolen command is great and it works, but except who actually remembers their license plate number? I mean IRL I have my  registration paper in my wallet.

So very simple solution, if you could use your vehicle ID from the /vget list instead of license plate number.

Or another solution is to have the license number of your vehicle in the vehicle list.

Thoughts?

No, because the idea is that you go to the police, you fill out a stolen vehicle report.

Then the officers give you your plate so you can mark it stolen.

It's not meant to be without interaction with the police.

9 minutes ago, Humour said:

No, because the idea is that you go to the police, you fill out a stolen vehicle report.

Then the officers give you your plate so you can mark it stolen.

It's not meant to be without interaction with the police.

Then the whole point of this command is pointless, by the time you get to the police or that your call is answered it'll be too late. If this was real life but this is GTAW, people are gone in seconds.

And if it wasn't meant to be used without interactions of the police then it would be a law enforcement command not a general public command.

Edited by Mattkov
7 hours ago, Mattkov said:

Then the whole point of this command is pointless, by the time you get to the police or that your call is answered it'll be too late. If this was real life but this is GTAW, people are gone in seconds.

And if it wasn't meant to be used without interactions of the police then it would be a law enforcement command not a general public command.

Also, if a change is going to be made to this script, please make sure it does save the stolen vehicle list upon crash/server restart, as currently it resets.

• Developer
56 minutes ago, Edelweiss206 said:

i mean, if each vehicle is individually tracked and has it's own number plate that the game remembers, why not just include the numberplate in the /vstats menu? Meet half way with it. 

It is there.

Most people have to check the UCP for the plate. Would be nice to have it work with either the ID or the plate imo.