Airplanes prices adjustement (Not helicopters)

Hi, I was just looking at the prices of airplanes and I think they are way too overpriced compared to helicopters, my reasoning is pretty simple helicopters are more useful and more practical than planes and yet they are much, much cheaper than airplanes.  The goal is to keep them expensive so not everyone is flying but cheap enough for some people to actually RP with it.  The cheapest brand new helicopters are usually priced around half a million dollar while a plane is usually half the price of an helicopter, so this is the re balanced prices I would change. I don't think there's more than 3 privately owned airplanes in this game. I never seen or heard of anyone actually owning one. I've seen plenty of helicopters but no planes, which makes no sense. There's a lot of rp that could come from planes. Some will say they should be a "luxury item" but yet that should be the helicopters.

It still needs to fit your RP to own a plane, just like you don't see gangster driving super-cars for those saying you'll see everyone flying in planes.

1. Western Duster (Currently at 750K  ) - 350,000$
  2. Western Cuban 800 (Currently at 730k,) -400,000$
  3. Mammoth Dodo (Currently at 800k) - 450,000$
  4. JoBuilt Mammatus (Currently at 950k) -400,000$
  5. JoBuilt Velum (Currently at 950k) - 550,000$
  6. Jobuilt Velum 5 seater - (Currently at 950k) -560,000$
  7. Buckingham Vestra - 40 KG - $800,000 (No changes since they're jet planes)
  8. Buckingham Nimbus - 40 KG - $950,000  (No changes since they're jet planes)
8 minutes ago, Rumbunctious said:

The fact of the matter is that most people who can afford a plane on GTAW don't buy a plane because they are interested in actual aviation RP, but rather because they have the money and owning a plane looks cool. (Hey, look, now I can do a low pass over Mirror Park Plaza and show off my brand new plane) ....

Yes, it's both weird and unrealistic for these two planes to cost the same:

JoBuilt Mammatus 

Buckingham Nimbus 

BUT at the same time the player base has proven - for the most part - that they won't learn how to properly RP owning and operating a plane. For that reason, I think it's important to keep the entry barrier high.

One possible solution to this is to force people to take an actual test before they are able to get their pilot's license. But then you can ask yourself, if people won't RP aviation properly, why would they even bother getting a pilot's license before buying a plane?

(<--- operates an airline, license never been checked, not once).

This sums it up pretty well. No one wants to see the small-yet-vocal minority of players who RP jack of all trades suddenly becoming pilots and doing spins over hotspots because it 'looks cool' or some other half-baked reason. Maybe if there was some sort of brief roleplay evaluation lumped in there, I'd say it's a viable solution, but I've no idea how practical or time consuming that'd be.

I think the prices are fine as they are, the access to helicopters/planes should be kept fairly low. Otherwise everyone would just do it.

If someone /really/ wanted to roleplay something plane/helicopter related and they don’t have the money for it the government offers both Business Grants and Business Credits to registered businesses on their website if the reasoning is fair and provides quality roleplay. 

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, inuyasha said:

I think the prices are fine as they are, the access to helicopters/planes should be kept fairly low. Otherwise everyone would just do it.

If someone /really/ wanted to roleplay something plane/helicopter related and they don’t have the money for it the government offers both Business Grants and Business Credits to registered businesses on their website if the reasoning is fair and provides quality roleplay. 

So then why are helicopter much cheaper than airplanes and yet you don't see dozens of helicopters?

Just now, Mattkov said:

So then why are helicopter much cheaper than airplanes and yet you don't see dozens of helicopters?

The word cheap here is only relevant in regards to the airplane prices.

500k (which I believe is the cheapest helicopter) is in no way actually ‘cheap’

Edited by Guest

No please, I think the prices of airplanes are fine. In RL also they are way too expensive for general people to buy.

If prices of planes become cheaper in-game, then people would fly them to 24/7 to get water and stuff.

1 minute ago, Rumbunctious said:

You do see FAR more helicopters than planes, and the owners rarely use them realistically.

No, you shouldn't be landing a helicopter on your garage.

I mean I hope no one is landing a chopper on a garage. And the prices I put are reasonable I think. And tbh the duster isn't something that should be available imo. 

As of right now the cheapest plane is 730. And the cheapest helicopter is 550k....

Just now, Annaex said:

No please, I think the prices of airplanes are fine. In RL also they are way too expensive for general people to buy.

If prices of planes become cheaper in-game, then people would fly them to 24/7 to get water and stuff.

The cheapest plane is 700k and the helicopter is 550k.  In RL planes are much much cheaper than helicopters

• Rukka locked this topic