How to install mods on RAGEMP

14 hours ago, SeriousEric said:

Doesn't work for me. Either it just patches again or the game does load for an eternity and crashes.

6 hours ago, Maor Kirma said:

It doesn't work.

As of the new R* Launcher, you'll need to make the mods dlc.rpfs and use them via the client resources in ragemp. 

1 hour ago, dollar said:

Can somebody guide me on how installing Redux works on RageMP? It keeps updating the game when I replace the files.

discord; dollar#4020

You are not encrypting the files properly before adding them back into the game. You need to use Archivefix and properly encrypt everything that you modify. 

1 minute ago, zUgg zUgg said:

You are not encrypting the files properly before adding them back into the game. You need to use Archivefix and properly encrypt everything that you modify. 

Nah'.. If it keeps updating the game that's because it's the social club version and not steam, so not a clue on how to bypass that since I do not own that version of the game, methods have been posted above, seems to work for some.. not for others.

1 minute ago, Firesky said:

Nah'.. If it keeps updating the game that's because it's the social club version and not steam, so not a clue on how to bypass that since I do not own that version of the game, methods have been posted above, seems to work for some.. not for others.

Currently, this one has worked for me and others I've helped.

Just now, Firesky said:

Interesting, I missed where he mentioned the R* version, my bad;

I wonder if the new launcher is incorporating something that's tripping this to happen? I'd have to get my hands on a R* version and do some testing.

9 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

Currently, this one has worked for me and others I've helped.

That's for creation of addons, basically modding without actually changing any files in the game, unfortunately with visual enhancers like NVR/Redux/Visual V it's a bit more complicated and I don't really know how to make them as an addon format, so the only way being by replacing the actual game files, works just fine for steam, just not for the social club version of the game as it appears to just re-verify and download the original files, addons will always work regardless of what game version is being used, since they do not alter any game files.

Edited by Firesky
  • Upvote 1