How to install mods on RAGEMP

2 hours ago, Jokigo said:

Ill have a look cheers ?

Also is the Turbo + Backfire the only audio sound that been found to work so far?

Just checked there are no photos in the files apart from one of them. So if anyone can provide photos that would be amazing.

Check the readme.txt file for a link to the original mod maybe?

It says 'read me' for a reason.

And no, more sound mods work, as long as they are properly installed and the .rpf's re-encrypted.

Edited by Firesky
9 minutes ago, Firesky said:

Check the readme.txt file for a link to the original mod maybe?

It says 'read me' for a reason.

Awesome, cheers.

Are there any other sound/audio mods that work or is it just currently the Turbo/Backfire one?

Edited by Jokigo
2 hours ago, Jokigo said:

Ill have a look cheers ?

Also is the Turbo + Backfire the only audio sound that been found to work so far?

Just checked there are no photos in the files apart from one of them. So if anyone can provide photos that would be amazing.

As long as properly installed yes they work, just make sure to re-encrypt the modified .rpf files with ArchiveFix.

So no matter what I do the GTA V launcher just patches any modified files (even encrypted ones using Archive Fix) after RAGEMP runs it. I've tried blocking the launcher's internet access and using offline mode but nothing seems to work. Even a fresh install of the game hasn't done anything.

I've been trying to install the Turbo and Backfire sounds. Tried other sound mods for good measure but still the same result.

Anyone else have any ideas?

On 5/24/2019 at 10:11 PM, Firesky said:

I've rearranged the files on a new hosting provider, Mediafire and I'll be discontinuing the folder on Mega.nz due to the quota download limits.

New link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/940094nc4o4f6/

@kilerbite if you could update the main post would be awesome.

The visual part of the Redux mod has been added, Visual V has also been added, be sure to only choose one of them as this mods overwrite each other.

Included a third part for the texture overhaul mod I did that also includes an hot fix for the 'Hollywood' sign, converted it back to the good old 'Vinewood' sign, as for the billboards containing advertisements of real brands, I won't really get into that as it involves a massive amount of files and personally I don't mind them.

Visual enhancers are not in an addon format, so you must overwrite your main GTA V files, also mods folder won't work given it requires an .asi file to be loaded and Rage-MP does not support .asi files.

Just pick one and drag and drop to your main GTA V directory, highly recommend Redux.

Firesky do you recommend any particular settings for Redux?

6 hours ago, Spartan said:

So no matter what I do the GTA V launcher just patches any modified files (even encrypted ones using Archive Fix) after RAGEMP runs it. I've tried blocking the launcher's internet access and using offline mode but nothing seems to work. Even a fresh install of the game hasn't done anything.

I've been trying to install the Turbo and Backfire sounds. Tried other sound mods for good measure but still the same result.

You need to install these mods into the RageMP folder, not your game. Discord me if you still need help.

11 hours ago, Spartan said:

That's most likely because you using the retail version of the game and not Steam, modified game files get patched to their original version sadly, and I'm unaware of any methods that might work around it since I do not own the retail version of the game just steam.

9 hours ago, Narinna said:

Firesky do you recommend any particular settings for Redux?

In my opinion the 'Colorful Realistic' preset from the SweetFX that comes with Redux is best, but some others are good too, just a personal preference thing.

I have a slightly edited version of that same preset that looks nice for me:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/538657541593366530/581649042866569240/Colorful_Realistic.ini

unknown.png

7 hours ago, Dstar said:

How do you change the Reshade settings for Redux I can't seem to get it to change for me.

If properly installed you press Shift+F2 or the Home key to access the configuration menu, then you just change presets freely with the arrow on top and go down through the list, I do recommend setting up a key for toggling it on and off as well as a key of your liking to access the menu on the settings tab of the menu.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Zweepuh said:

@Firesky Could you fix a gunsound mod, or possibly tell how you work your magic for us peasants on unmodded clients? ?

Added to the Audio Mods folder, two versions, since it also messes with the same file the turbo and backfire does, one with it included and one without.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/mjhkxagvb557b/Audio Mods

But the process is simple, you install it like any other mod, just follow the mod instructions, the only additional step is make sure you re-encrypt the modded .rpf file by just dragging it on top of the ArchiveFix.exe file.

Edited by Firesky