Seatbelt system

Himant

Short description: Adding a seatbelt system. 

Detailed description:  A seatbelt system that allows people in a vehicle to buckle up their seatbelt and then cops being able to check if they are wearing a seatbelt or not. There is already a fine for not wearing of seatbelt on the Penal Code but no way to actually check if a person is wearing one Script-wise. 

Commands to add: /seatbelt or /sb - to put on the seatbelt.

/checkbelt or /cb - for cops to check if someone is wearing a seatbelt 

Items to add: N/a

How would your suggestion improve the server?

It's just to add a bit more realism for roleplay like if people rp a car crash and they had their seatbelt on the injures could be less then if they didint have a seatbelt. 

Additional information

There was that system before. But it was removed because people forgot to type /sb all the time and got fined a lot. 

In real life you put seat belt on automatically, in the game you simply forget to type a command each time you enter. So people complained a lot and now it's automatic I think. Or just removed. 

1 hour ago, Lance said:

There was that system before. But it was removed because people forgot to type /sb all the time and got fined a lot. 

In real life you put seat belt on automatically, in the game you simply forget to type a command each time you enter. 

Hmmm I don't know about that. I'm gonna be honest with my old car I used to forget to put the seatbelt on all the time but my new one beeps if it's not on after a certain distance so irl people forget too. Maybe the server can make a script where you install a sensor from the mechanic shop or something and it gives you a text that you don't have your seabelt on.

Edited by Himant

I think this is where it gets a little over the top. There should not be a punishment for forgetting about a server command. Every player should know what kind of character they are portraying and if they would be the type of person to wear a seatbelt or not. Based on that, we can RP accordingly. Cops can always /do and ask if you are wearing a seatbelt. It is up to your character to decide if yes or no. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, OfficerCode3 said:

I think this is where it gets a little over the top. There should not be a punishment for forgetting about a server command. Every player should know what kind of character they are portraying and if they would be the type of person to wear a seatbelt or not. Based on that, we can RP accordingly. Cops can always /do and ask if you are wearing a seatbelt. It is up to your character to decide if yes or no. 

What this guy said.

• Upvote 1

I feel it should be added to avoid people flying out cars. I've had a few instances where I've had an accident and gone flying out the window haha.

If it was to be added, it could be enforced by cops obviously - and then as well would stop players flying from cars.

Pretty sure sb/seatbelt is already a command ? it doesn’t say command not found, I had tried it after flying out the windshield once then redid the same thing that caused me to grow wings and I didn’t budge. But eh if it isn’t already then I wouldn’t add it, it’s just another thing that gets in the way, if someone wants to rp putting there seatbelt on then let them. I’ve been on enough servers that had it while playing samp and it was just a burden.

4 hours ago, Mattkov said:

Or make it automatic that you wear your seat belt and if you rp someone who doesn't then they have to type /sb to not wear it?

To my knowledge this was already implemented without the ability to remove it, as it stands this is the main reason people don't catapult out of their windshields so often.