Looking for more military veteran RP characters

aldo

Please whatever you do, look into this thoroughly before roleplaying it. It's highly irritating to veterans when people inaccurately portray things that they experience in life.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Maca said:

Please whatever you do, look into this thoroughly before roleplaying it. It's highly irritating to veterans when people inaccurately portray things that they experience in life.

Could not agree more. 

53 minutes ago, Maca said:

I am, it's not going to be a faction or anything either

It's funny when I see Europeans talk about American politics. No, veterans are not "shat on" in real life.

Those in the modern day who live in poverty are themselves to blame, not the military nor the American government.

Why?

Most teenagers who sign into the military in their young years often do their 4 years and VERY often go into infantry without any regard for their future. This, like any other profession or career, can lead to a positive or negative. Most youngins who join the military for the bonus spend it on an expensive car or bullshit. In fact, this is one of the first things that instructors tell you NOT to do when you first join the military.

So what happens when they complete their contract? They come back with nothing because they studied nothing.

So now they're a veteran with no future, nothing to guide them because they just joined the military for that fancy car and 20K bonus and spent it all. Like any other career, you're expected to budget and keep track of your expenses/income. Best of all, the US military has the best of the best when it comes to veteran/active duty benefits. A lot of those people though, never take advantage. Maybe back in the days, things were a lot different, but modern day, there are NO EXCUSES. The tools are there for you, and it's up to the individual to decide what they want to do with them.

My advice if you're joining the US Military - PICK A SPECIALTY/CAREER PATH, NOT JUST INFANTRY.

Any way, I have a military character that's in the police academy O7:

FACEBROWSER: https://face.gta.world/fdelgado

DISCORD: AcidKick#2115

Edited by iAMTemple
  • Applaud 1
37 minutes ago, iAMTemple said:

It's funny when I see Europeans talk about American politics. No, veterans are not "shat on" in real life.

Those in the modern day who live in poverty are themselves to blame, not the military nor the American government.

Why?

Most teenagers who sign into the military in their young years often do their 4 years and VERY often go into infantry without any regard for their future. This, like any other profession or career, can lead to a positive or negative. Most youngins who join the military for the bonus spend it on an expensive car or bullshit. In fact, this is one of the first things that instructors tell you NOT to do when you first join the military.

So what happens when they complete their contract? They come back with nothing because they studied nothing.

So now they're a veteran with no future, nothing to guide them because they just joined the military for that fancy car and 20K bonus and spent it all. Like any other career, you're expected to budget and keep track of your expenses/income. Best of all, the US military has the best of the best when it comes to veteran/active duty benefits. A lot of those people though, never take advantage. Maybe back in the days, things were a lot different, but modern day, there are NO EXCUSES. The tools are there for you, and it's up to the individual to decide what they want to do with them.

My advice if you're joining the US Military - PICK A SPECIALTY/CAREER PATH, NOT JUST INFANTRY.

Any way, I have a military character that's in the police academy O7:

FACEBROWSER: https://face.gta.world/fdelgado

DISCORD: AcidKick#2115

Or get a trade before joining, that's what i'm planning on doing.

• Perky locked this topic