Give /bad to ALL business owners or map markers for business owners

stringer

Poll  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple, the ability to have MAP MARKERS for people who donate only is simple an UNFAIR advantage that limits the roleplay of people who don't wish or don't have the monetary ability to donate. I myself have a lot more important things to spend my cash on rather than donating every month just to get the ability to /bad. Without map markers people can't find my business when I open it, and with the new AD system you can't even place ads anymore. I've tried running my cafe with a /bad once from a guy and I can tell you it makes a BIG difference. Last time I opened (Just by doing ads, trying to explain the location as best as I could) I had 2 people come in. And I was there for three hours. It's a roleplay server, promote roleplay for god's sake! All I do in that business is create roleplay and I get fucked over by this awful system that punishes non donators. What i'm suggesting is that everyone who is a business owner, either the blank business or the new business type or anything, is given the ability to /bad. Simple to script, do you own ANY kind of business? You can /bad and have your marker appear on the map. I don't mind paying IC cash for having a map marker, but I do mind that not paying money makes me unable to get proper roleplay. 

EDIT:

Well having a map marker on all times will eventually clutter the map. I would like it to be like this to be honest: I have a business, Ground&Pound, and inside of it I have the new type of business that can create items, I can join the business and /startshift. It would be nice that on the second that I /startshift a marker would appear at the entrance. Another way this could be used:

My friends have the AutoHub business, car dealership in a parking garage. They could request a blank business and join it and all and do /starshift. When they do /startshift a map marker would appear for everyone, showing it's location and that it's open. It would bring tons of roleplay because the map is SOOOO big and SOOO complicated and it's almost impossible to know like GTA San Andreas's one.

Edited by Rozi
  • Upvote 1

Exactly. Lock all of the fancy cosmetic stuff behind a donator wall, we realize the server is expensive to run, but as I've been saying since this was implemented, this is just straight pay to win. Let donators have their forum and discord ranks, their dogs and cats, their walkstyles and such. Those are purely flavor, where as the GPS marker is unarguably a pay-to-win advantage. I think Rozi made a great suggestion in that, maybe instead have an in-game monetary cost for using /bad.

This is an issue Management seriously needs to address. With all the businesses open these days getting noticed when you're open is hard enough, but without a map blip? Its practically impossible. Seriously, if we're going this p2w route, you may as well just remove businesses for non-donators as they won't get any customers anyway.

Totally agree with this.

We are supposed to be in a roleplay server, and the roleplay is limited in our businesses because you have to pay to get a command, a command that without it, the business simply goes from being a business to a ruin, because the people don't know how to go, and as i explained in another thread, it doesn't make any sense to give the number to send the location, when all of us today have internet and GPS in our phones, basically the map would be that, google maps.

I have donated to the server because i like it, not for the the command, I don't like to be indirectly obliged to donate to enjoy the server, and i sincerely doubt that i will do it again, I didn't like this movement.

We need the command, or,  the "blip" automatic when putting someone to work or open the business.

Edited by Jennie
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Jennie said:

I have donated to the server because i like it, not for the the command, I don't like to be indirectly obliged to donate to enjoy the server, and i sincerely doubt that i will do it again, I didn't like this movement.

THIS! This should be the main reason people donate, to support the server, not to get perks. Donating and BUYING PERKS are two different things.

I would just add on this question, when someone owns a business, it has a blip ( garage, ammo, 24/7 ) yet businesses don't. Also, while I understand that server needs donations, I'd rather donate to server that I enjoy playing rather than donating to server that forces me to donate to have certain advantages.

1 minute ago, Rozi said:

What do you exactly mean by that?

I mean that if I for example have garage, there is perma garage blip on map that turns green the moment I open garage and I am there on spot to work.

Same doesn't apply for other types of business.

Just now, DjoleK said:

I mean that if I for example have garage, there is perma garage blip on map that turns green the moment I open garage and I am there on spot to work.

Same doesn't apply for other types of business.

Well having a map marker on all times will eventually clutter the map. I would like it to be like this to be honest: I have a business, Ground&Pound, and inside of it I have the new type of business that can create items, I can join the business and /startshift. It would be nice that on the second that I /startshift a marker would appear at the entrance. Another way this could be used:

My friends have the AutoHub business, car dealership in a parking garage. They could request a blank business and join it and all and do /starshift. When they do /startshift a map marker would appear for everyone, showing it's location and that it's open. It would bring tons of roleplay because the map is SOOOO big and SOOO complicated and it's almost impossible to know like GTA San Andreas's one.

There needs to be a much deeper discussion on the P2W creep we've been seeing. 20 minutes per ad is incredibly disadvantageous to a business owner or any player that wants to advertise. Its gotten to the point that VIP is mandatory to be have successful entrepreneur character in GTA:World. There are many good ways to incentivise players to donate without this, such as the VIP features LS:RP has. 

• Upvote 2