Coming back at the previous /ad's

It’s so bad it becomes a struggle and forces people to actually stop their RP for a while just to be able to post an ad and advertise it’s business. As an owner, I had to do this otherwise I wouldn’t be having anyone around except the people my character knows IC. I agree with most of what other people said here. I had to acquire donator status, otherwise my business would be fucking empty and I rely on people to come so I can pay the people that help my character inside the business.

Its getting to a point where people should just boycott this. It’s not only this P2W issues but also the fact that you’re paying 10€ or more per month for a server that is completely broken, crashes multiple times on a daily basis, interrupting interesting and important RP scenes and wasting everyone’s time and money but that’s not important, the money keeps flowing to server either way.

Edited by Jh4nTy

I wouldn’t say I’m lucky to have /bad access - I pay for it. No luck involved. It certainly isn’t working as intended as even though I pay, nine times out of ten I can’t get an advert out despite paying for it out of pocket.

Couldn’t a system be added whereby you pull up a menu and it tells you what businesses are currently open and staffed? A command could be added for business owners to enable and the list could literally say, to use my place as an example, The Hen House, Paleto Bay - Bar. Then the adverts would work as extra exposure and fit better within the framework of added value rather than necessity to run your IC business.

3 hours ago, Caoimheal said:

Anything but the current system, please. 
As someone with a small bar in a remote location, I rely on /bad for the blip and exposure. Currently, I stand outside said place of business and have to spam to get one advert out there, and even that takes upwards of 12 minutes with some other places (I'm assuming who have a few people spamming adverts) get a few adverts in while I wait. While I appreciate that it is to stop that spam, surely it would be better to put restrictions on the people who do nothing but run ad after ad (Naming no names, rhymes with Shmalaxy) rather than punish others for the actions of those who abuse the system. Couldn't a queue system be implemented? Or even a way to add a blip that isn't related necessarily to advert text? 

"People who do nothing but run ad after ad." You are talking out of your rear. Saying that about us shows how ignorant and disconnected you are. I don’t see a problem with using timestamp to track the timer and then place ads accordingly. Everyone has a forced cooldown, therefore anyone implying spam just proves their nonexistent intellect. We didn’t make the system, we are simply using means that staff has provided for the playerbase.

You’re barking at the wrong tree and just showing your personal angst towards us for some reason. You can’t fix the alleged issue by tarnishing our name - that is nonsensical. Nobody made you rely on /bad. Furthermore, /bad shouldn't be the sole source of exposure in the first place. It's just a tool to make things go smoother. Nobody forced you to roleplay at a remote location. You are not entitled to better treatment because you chose a place in the middle of Narnia. It was your choice and you are responsible for your actions. Adapt, stop acting as a victim and quit blaming others for your problems.

Also, it's pretty obnoxious that some of the people got their knickers in a twist when we did 4 (I think) ads in a row last Saturday. Get a grip, you unbearable oaves. You're moaning like we were the first to do it.

Spoiler

IQ5suv6.png
AG1R7AN.png
A7RFlin.png

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Yung Bango said:

"People who do nothing but run ad after ad." You are talking out of your rear. Saying that about us shows how ignorant and disconnected you are. I don’t see a problem with using timestamp to track the timer and then place ads accordingly. Everyone has a forced cooldown, therefore anyone implying spam just proves their nonexistent intellect. We didn’t make the system, we are simply using means that staff has provided for the playerbase.

You’re barking at the wrong tree and just showing your personal angst towards us for some reason. You can’t fix the alleged issue by tarnishing our name - that is nonsensical. Nobody made you rely on /bad. Furthermore, /bad shouldn't be the sole source of exposure in the first place. It's just a tool to make things go smoother. Nobody forced you to roleplay at a remote location. You are not entitled to better treatment because you chose a place in the middle of Narnia. It was your choice and you are responsible for your actions. Adapt, stop acting as a victim and quit blaming others for your problems.

Also, it's pretty obnoxious that some of the people got their knickers in a twist when we did 4 (I think) ads in a row last Saturday. Get a grip, you unbearable oaves. You're moaning like we were the first to do it.

Reveal hidden contents

IQ5suv6.png
AG1R7AN.png
A7RFlin.png

Thank you for trying to explain the system and its past issues.

Donators are not helped more with the new ad system, they also have to wait the 3 global minute for their /ad. Yes they can do it more often but that's all, If as you said there are too many people doing /ad they'll also end up waiting 20+ minutes to get one through.

Is the system perfect? No, and that's why I repeated multiple time that we were working on a new one but which needed a technical base we didn't have today (CEF phone for example). Before we have these base features to change how advertisement work, It was mandatory to reduce the amount of spam.

If the side effect is way too negative, then I'll reconsider, but for now it's only been 2 days and I'm still looking at all the stats and feedbacks.

I would be glad that you don't call this server pay2win whenever there is something you don't like, otherwise I would gladly invite you to check all our other competitors to see what a real pay2win server is. Having an icon on the map for your business is far from being anything near pay2win, you lived without it 10+ years on LSRP, don't start telling me you can't roleplay at all because you don't have an icon on the map. That is ridiculous and showing how non creative you can be about your business, If no one comes it's because it's not creative and not entertaining, not because they couldn't find your business location which can be described very easily in the long ad text.

tl;dr: New cooldown on ads is being studied with stats now that it's live, we'll make changes If necessary. Future new advertisement system is being worked on but will not come soon.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 2