Coming back at the previous /ad's

Short description: Bring the last /ad, /bad, /cad system back.

Detailed description: Well, it's kinda frustrating, 3 minutes since the last ad? There are let's say 200 players.  40 of them want to use /ad, right?  What? I'll wait 40x3  120 minutes to send one of my ad's? Also 20 minutes? Really? If i'm making an event outdoor, I'll wait 20 (+ let's not forget that I'll have to wait 3 minutes if someone /ad's before me) minutes?  

Commands to add: I know that Galaxy made this rule because massive spam. But server got /toggle ad.  Just use it, lmao. Or punish those massive spam /ad'ers.

Items to add: /toggle ad exists.. Use it.

How would your suggestion improve the server?: More roleplay quality, because I'm getting sick of not being able to use an /ad because I have to wait 3 minutes -_- or even 20 

Additional information: no

• Upvote 1

It brings roleplay quality. Why?

Because I can advertise any kind of event without waiting more than 30 minutes. 

Example as advertising an meeting, advertising an music concert,  advertising an beach meeting, which make people to gather up for roleplay. 

Without /ads I'll be there alone. 

45 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

Ads don't bring roleplay quality. I have no idea where you got that from. It's fine as it is.

Yeah! Except that... It's not really. It is just avoiding confronting issues (spammers, copy paste emphasis, time wasting) till that new system gets implemented w/ notifications or whatever. A better system however would've been if they just went with the queue system that got suggested multiple times. A better system would've also been to not let people spam ads so much to begin with. 

The system that is there at the moment just makes it so the discord ads are much more valuable than before to have and that if people want to do multiple ads they'll have another person do the ad for them.  So either we need a way to check all the ads that've been getting posted ourselves in game or a queue to be convenient and stop ad spam by having multipliers. 

Ads themselves you're right though don't improve RP quality. It's RP opportunities. W/ that being said, if you got friends you play with the system that's there atm is better in terms of you won't waste your time trying to make an ad because of the lack of a queue system. 

Edited by Momo's Revenge

Honestly I'd like to see the advertisement script to disappear as a whole. Use Facebrowser to advertise your openings or have an ads channel on Discord for example. I find it frustrating at best to get my chat spammed constantly by the advertisements.

2 minutes ago, Humour said:

Honestly I'd like to see the advertisement script to disappear as a whole. Use Facebrowser to advertise your openings or have an ads channel on Discord for example. I find it frustrating at best to get my chat spammed constantly by the advertisements.

That's a terrible idea. It completely neuters any way of getting a small business or unique event any exposure.  Its unfeasible to expect players to check Facebrowser or Discord to see if anything is open.

Also I agree with the original post, 20 minutes to post an ad is just ridiculous.

2 hours ago, VisioningHail said:

That's a terrible idea. It completely neuters any way of getting a small business or unique event any exposure.  Its unfeasible to expect players to check Facebrowser or Discord to see if anything is open.

Also I agree with the original post, 20 minutes to post an ad is just ridiculous.

It's not very unfeasable considering everyone in real life has a phone glued to their hands and with the rate of which people are using FaceBrowser you would get a lot of attention.

I fucking hate the new ad system and is one of the shittiest things implemented.  I basically can't bring any roleplay to my establishment with ADS because I'm not dishing out IRL money to be able to have a marker on the map and to be able to AD properly. Is this server turning to a pay to win server? It seems like it, at least for business owners. The ones who pay IRL cash get attention and people to them, others who use IC means only struggle to even get 5 people in and they struggle to get there as well. What's next @Nervous? Pay 10$ for 100k in cash?

• Upvote 3