/lastonline - Check When a Character Was last Logged In To

Short description: Allow players to use a command to see when a specific character was logged on to the server last. 

Detailed description: Super simple suggestion, it'd be great to be able to use a command akin to /lastonline to check when the last time a character was used on the server.

Commands to add: /lastonline

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: Not only is it a nice QoL feature but it'd clear up a lot of confusion when it comes to reports and such, it's also nice to see if a player you played with last week for example is actually active or not and I don't really see a reason why it SHOULDN'T be added.

Additional information: N/A

45 minutes ago, Spartan said:

There's simply no need for this, as you can view when your character was last online via the Character Profile page on the UCP.

image.png.b62f8f360aa19b6ae79055d783489c87.png

I'm a little confused, I'm talking about other characters, not your own.

And even if you could check characters on the UPC I don't think it means the suggestion isn't valid, you could easily argue /ID isn't needed when you can just type the name of a character in for most commands but it's there for convenience's sake, like I said before it's more of a QoL improvement.

Edited by Liam_Airey
3 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

I don't see a need for this beyond players abusing it for some purpose of metagaming? Why not leave a voicemail or something similar as people would do IRL? 

I'm not too sure how you could abuse this more then you can /id, it doesn't provide you with any sort of advantage and would only clear up people's confusion with certain character's activity. 

I guess you could argue that people would use it to check player's activity and if they're not on often take over their territory? But then again that feels almost like an IC issue as they'd still not be around and checking /id from time to time would give the same results.

Not to mention the command is obviously for OOC use, nothing to do with IC stuff like voicemails and such.  

My issues with this is that you can use the command to check if a certain owner of a house has been online recently and therefore metagame that and break into their home seeing as some alarms only text the owner and if they haven't been on obviously through the use of this command, you know you're getting away scott free until they do return. Alongside that, you can use it to track inactivity of someone and in turn, track when their property gets removed from their character seeing as it's around about thirty-days for this to occur and automatic.

If anything, the command just prompts metagame. It may have some beneficial uses, but it's very much abuseable on the flip side.

Edited by Ylva