HUD Rework and more..

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

You'd be able to use the /tog ads command or use /hide ads to hide the notifications. As for how quick they appear for, current ads have a 1 minute cooldown I believe. So we could either have the ad notifications visible at all times that scrolls every minute, giving 1-2 minutes show time for each ad in rapid succession OR have each ad appear for 30 seconds and fade away, 30 seconds after would enable a new ad to be posted. Or maybe we could have a Menu UI that lists past ads within the last 10 minutes or so.

In my opinion giving people the ability to hide ads removes the main purpose of the ads. Other than that I quite like this idea.

Edited by Rozi
7 hours ago, Rozi said:

In my opinion giving people the ability to hide ads removes the main purpose of the ads. Other than that I quite like this idea.

Already possible to do so.

I support this, but keep it simple, no other font if it makes it bigger or lower character limit. About the ad concerns: just limit businesses from advertising more than once every 5-10 minutes, the spam we get currently from multiple people advertising the same thing is annoying.

Speak of the issue:

image.png.e8aa7ad1fad5683e5f2c45abe9a6480c.png

Edited by Triple Seven
  • Upvote 1

It would be very annoying to see the same ads pop up in the box above the mini-map over and over again, so I would like that option to hide ads that I do not want to see (that and it gets annoying to try to get an ad in when 2+ people are putting out ads for one place to skip the timer).

But I do like the overall UI redesign and I am a big fan of it!

• Upvote 1

I support the UI absolutely, but I think the ads should go in the second notifications area with the notifications, that way it still cleans up the chat for IC/OOC chat, but doesn't add to many other boxes or diminish the purpose of ads.

I really like the ads, notifications and such seperated. It's often what bothers me a lot, that the chat is flooded by notification-spam or advertisement spam, and this fixes that easily. It'd be nice though to be able to set the normal chat window as it is, though. 

I'm just wondering, what'd happen to IC text messages and PM's? Would they remain in the chat window, or would they go to notifications?