HUD Rework and more..

HUD Rework

Short description: 

A rework of the HUD that adds extra elements and cleans the main chatbox.

Detailed description: 

This new HUD that I've designed would primarily clear up the main chat for it to be used exclusively for IC & OOC talking. It keeps the main chat box in the top-left hand corner, but has a reduced size to not overwhelm the screen for users playing at higher resolutions.

It presents a second text area at the top-middle of the HUD that would be used for the output of notifications and any text feedback from commands. These 'notifications' would disappear after a number of seconds and have a 'rolling' feature that moves upward if outputs are made in succession.

An advertisements area would appear towards the bottom-left of the screen just above the minimap. This contains a box for each ad that comes through and keeps the 150 character limit as well as the current cooldown times. It also has a rolling feature like the notification area, which shows upto 3 ads at a time that scroll upwards if needed. The ads are clearly marked [Ad] and [Company Ad] to distinguish the two.

image.thumb.png.08379b8919c97271f49660fb7e023a78.png

image.thumb.png.69ab9ea713c588256082ce43e08cc655.png

image.thumb.png.89cf5b29a91e0e6e1a5107af6632c51a.png

In addition to the HUD Rework, I've integrated some other suggestions I and other players have had.

- Dash Cams: Have dash cams as a buyable item that can be fitted to a vehicle as an extra security component. This is increasing in popularity IRL and makes sense to have it as an option in GTA World.

- Tracker: We already can track where our vehicles are when we spawn them in, however a tracker as an added in object that can be fitted with a vehicle could be used in conjunction with a /trackvehicle command. This would place the blip on the map where your vehicle is.

- Vehicle Condition: This was recently suggested by @RevyBando HERE as well as others in the past. This would involve having the vehicle's mileage, oil level and tire tread condition seen in the HUD design when using the /vstats command. 

Commands to add:

/hide chat

/hide notifications

/hide ads

/trackvehicle [vehicle id OR plate no]

Items to add: 

Dash Cam

Vehicle Tracker

How would your suggestion improve the server? 

It would clean up the HUD and eliminate the main chat from being congested with ads, notifications and command output text.

Additional information: 

All text used in these designs has been made up and taken from previous chats and is not a representation of accurate in-game information.

• Upvote 3

I really like this solution when it comes to the UI design as a whole. It's simple, clean and straight to the point.

Not entirely sure how I feel about the vehicle condition suggestion as I don't think RageMP is ready for something like that just yet, though.

• Upvote 1

Support 100%. People wouldn't complain nearly as much about ads if it wasn't literally getting in the way of roleplay chat logs, or vstats logs, etc. Separating them all makes everything less clunky, just by that organizational change.

11 hours ago, St3fan[NL] said:

I dont like the advertisements being notifications. They hide too quick and its hard to follow them all with the amount of ads coming in. I prefer them in my chatbox and use /tog ads when I dont wanna see them.

You'd be able to use the /tog ads command or use /hide ads to hide the notifications. As for how quick they appear for, current ads have a 1 minute cooldown I believe. So we could either have the ad notifications visible at all times that scrolls every minute, giving 1-2 minutes show time for each ad in rapid succession OR have each ad appear for 30 seconds and fade away, 30 seconds after would enable a new ad to be posted. Or maybe we could have a Menu UI that lists past ads within the last 10 minutes or so.

• Developer
1 hour ago, Spartan said:

You'd be able to use the /tog ads command or use /hide ads to hide the notifications. As for how quick they appear for, current ads have a 1 minute cooldown I believe. So we could either have the ad notifications visible at all times that scrolls every minute, giving 1-2 minutes show time for each ad in rapid succession OR have each ad appear for 30 seconds and fade away, 30 seconds after would enable a new ad to be posted. Or maybe we could have a Menu UI that lists past ads within the last 10 minutes or so.

Still I want them in my chat so I can read them, when i am tying and roleplaying I cannot type and write at the same time.