Allow GC holders to purchase more firearms

Rensai

To clarify: This is not only about losing the guns when guarding. You can lose your weapon off-duty as well. Either robbed from you or from your home. My home was robbed and a weapon was stolen. I had the "best" alarm, a 9-pin safe, CCTV inside and out. Sometimes you can take every precaution and still lose your weapon due to bad luck or circumstance. This is not to protect people from going rambo. If this is implemented, and you see a guard, or anyone charging head-first into a situation with no regard for their life then report them.

Some characters depend on being able to do this career. And like I said above about the home robbery you can take every precaution and it can still happen. But if it happens twice in a given month? Oops, find a different career path then, dickhead. Change the complete storyline of your character, thanks. It completely ruins RP and makes no sense.

No reason to type like this and bring in a childish attitude.

If you're that worried about your profession then you'd be better off buying two handguns and storing one somewhere for work and another for personal use rather than suggesting to buy five guns a month because you get robbed or killed a lot.

The likelihood of your gun being stolen while it's stored in your car that you don't use while it's parked near a safe zone or as you're offline is zero. Why don't you count that as a precaution?

Edited by Serower

Not a lot. Twice. In 30 days. And again, another completely unreasonable suggestion. Stash vehicles is just shitty roleplay. Its hard to take someone seriously that suggests "shooting to stall" which is incredibly dumb and illegal. There is only one reason to aim your weapon at someone legally, that is to shoot them. Warning shots are illegal.

Also owning more than one gun of the same type is illegal.

Edited by Rensai
2 hours ago, Rensai said:

Not a lot. Twice. In 30 days. And again, another completely unreasonable suggestion. Stash vehicles is just shitty roleplay. Its hard to take someone seriously that suggests "shooting to stall" which is incredibly dumb and illegal. There is only one reason to aim your weapon at someone legally, that is to shoot them. Warning shots are illegal.

Also owning more than one gun of the same type is illegal.

Take it how you want it, but in a realistic scenario, shooting is your own responsibility. I never said go for warning shots, I said stall the shootout by not trying to get involved in it too much but rather making sure you're safe but also in a position where you can protect yourself until the police arrives, not being "out there" and trying to act like a cop. The moment your character gets killed, that's it, this is why I suggested this as not only a more realistic approach to the way you handle things, but also because it'll save you that gun slot you're complaining about.

If you choose to call that dumb, then I don't know what you'd call the entire scandal you've been ranting about in this entire thread about how "two guns a month isn't enough" because it clearly isn't working when you lose them that fast

Whether you choose to take me serious or not, that doesn't matter. There are consequences to be had and there are laws that exist within IC terms that disallow you from owning several weapons at once anyways, and I doubt the IC rules of gun licenses will be reformed to suit your needs because they exist under a realistic dimension. What you're suggesting only encourages further stockpiling, no matter how you look at it.

You can request to own two different kinds of pistols in your applications for a weapons license and it'll be legal in that case because they're two different models, not to mention how it wouldn't eat up a slot for nothing because you can only buy shotguns and pistols legally anyway, so you might as well just request two pistol models and a shotgun model.

All I see is excuses on your part; If you need more than two weapons IC'ly then I suggest you find a solution for the problem by your own term. If you think stash vehicles are shit roleplay, which I agree with by the way, but if you're going to be complaining about how this hinders your roleplay as a guard then I think considering them as a preventative measure is probably a much better alternative to complaining about an issue that could otherwise be solved if you were to put more planning in the way you go about dealing with your weapons. 

Edited by Serower

I think it also needs to be pointed out that, as a security guard, sometimes getting into an armed conflict is unavoidable.

There is a mentality among a lot of criminal characters that violence is the way to solve everything. You see reports about it every day. If you're guarding a club or garage and you need to tell someone to leave, in the illegal character's mind the next step is a fight. It's guaranteed, no matter what the security guard says or does. And it's usually a losing fight because they're carrying legal Combat Pistols while the criminal is carrying a 50 or SMG. And seeing as the very first thing someone does when they down another character is loot them, because they're all about stuff, you've lost all your Security Guard equipment through no input of your own. In fact, if you were to look at it scriptly, it would be better for the guard to not carry cash or firearm at all. Witness the crime and call the cops. When it does hit the fan, accept the PK and role-play a few days wounded, or even just carry on with no memory of it and go back to work.

But that's not what a security guard is. And it's not what people want to role-play.

The rules already state that you're not allowed to stockpile weapons. Why does there need to be a further rule to limit how many you can buy?

Also, we have people working an Ammunation stores. Why can't we make this an IC issue.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Serower said:

Take it how you want it, but in a realistic scenario, shooting is your own responsibility. I never said go for warning shots, I said stall the shootout by not trying to get involved in it too much but rather making sure you're safe but also in a position where you can protect yourself until the police arrives, not being "out there" and trying to act like a cop. The moment your character gets killed, that's it, this is why I suggested this as not only a more realistic approach to the way you handle things, but also because it'll save you that gun slot you're complaining about.

Whether you choose to take me serious or not, that doesn't matter. There are consequences to be had and there are laws that exist within IC terms that disallow you from owning several weapons at once anyways.

You can request to own two different kinds of pistols in your applications for a weapons license and it'll be legal in that case because they're two different models, not to mention how it wouldn't eat up a slot for nothing because you can only buy shotguns and pistols legally anyway, so you might as well just request two pistol models and a shotgun model.

All I see is excuses on your part; If you need more than two weapons IC'ly then I suggest you find a solution for the problem by your own term. If you think stash vehicles are shit roleplay, which I agree with by the way, but if you're going to be complaining about how this hinders your roleplay as a guard then I think considering them as a preventative measure is probably a much better alternative to complaining about an issue that could otherwise be solved if you were to put more planning in the way you go about dealing with your weapons. 

You're assuming we don't already do the scenario you described. We do. Every time. Please read my last comment on the first page. I stated that, one, I have never fired my weapon on duty. Two, the first thing that happens is to take cover, call police, and try to get people to safety. Firing is never the first resort, it's the last. Again, there's all these assumptions about how we'd do the worst thing possible in a situation. I've been doing this for a year on the server, I'm as by the book as it gets. Which is one of the reasons I've never fired a shot.

Just now, Pan Grama said:

I think it also needs to be pointed out that, as a security guard, sometimes getting into an armed conflict is unavoidable.

There is a mentality among a lot of criminal characters that violence is the way to solve everything. You see reports about it every day. If you're guarding a club or garage and you need to tell someone to leave, in the illegal character's mind the next step is a fight. It's guaranteed, no matter what the security guard says or does. And it's usually a losing fight because they're carrying legal Combat Pistols while the criminal is carrying a 50 or SMG. And seeing as the very first thing someone does when they down another character is loot them, because they're all about stuff, you've lost all your Security Guard equipment through no input of your own. In fact, if you were to look at it scriptly, it would be better for the guard to not carry cash or firearm at all. Witness the crime and call the cops. When it does hit the fan, accept the PK and role-play a few days wounded, or even just carry on with no memory of it and go back to work.

But that's not what a security guard is. And it's not what people want to role-play.

The rules already state that you're not allowed to stockpile weapons. Why does there need to be a further rule to limit how many you can buy?

Also, we have people working an Ammunation stores. Why can't we make this an IC issue.

Because Ammunation does not control the flow of weapons and under realistic terms, they operate under certain conditions which I suppose they'd be disallowed to sell more than two guns in that case.

Either way; I think the solution to the aforementioned scenario isn't to increase the amount of guns you can purchase, but rather increase the security measures taken when guarding a business. For example; if you're opening up a club, you should have a doorman that asks to frisk people before they come in as a preventative measure to stop scenarios such as this from happening. I'm shocked at how many clubs I hvae been to without any real doormen searching the people that come in, which is fine, but it only leads to the existence of a topic like this when it could be easily avoided.

Just now, Rensai said:

You're assuming we don't already do the scenario you described. We do. Every time. Please read my last comment on the first page. I stated that, one, I have never fired my weapon on duty. Two, the first thing that happens is to take cover, call police, and try to get people to safety. Firing is never the first resort, it's the last. Again, there's all these assumptions about how we'd do the worst thing possible in a situation. I've been doing this for a year on the server, I'm as by the book as it gets. Which is one of the reasons I've never fired a shot.

I agree with you, I did role play a security guard in the past and I know what you're talking about. Do read the comment I left up there to Pan Grama and let me know if that doesn't work out, because I honestly believe there are many ways to prevent this.

I'm sure no one will come up to you and kill you if you don't allow them into the club without a search. Should be fairly easy to deal with, to be honest.

That's not what I'm worried about. It obviously hasn't happened to me in the year I've been doing it. On the security side I have that handled, we almost never have violent incidents due to security protocols. What is much more likely to happen is that my weapon is robbed from me off duty. It is a concern because all that has to happen is I get robbed twice in thirty days. That's it. If that happens, then I'm screwed. Before you respond with be more careful, I am as careful as possible. Yet my house with a full security system, nine pin safe, CCTV inside and outgets broken in to. I took every precaution, yet you're seeming to suggest that I should be more careful. Believe me if I could install automated turrets I would but the system I have is the opitome of home defense.

Besides my home, I never ever go into bad areas, not even for a contract. I take every concievable caution I can. But again if Something happens twice in a 30 day period without my control, I guess it's still my fault and so I really should basically just have my GC taken away for 30 days?

Thing is there are players who give out there PF guns and people who use the pf guns to do robberies, gang hits and other dumb shit that would’ve easily been traceable in real life. 

Not saying you abuse it but there are people who do and raising the limit would only make this case worse.

12 minutes ago, WirelessMind said:

Thing is there are players who give out there PF guns and people who use the pf guns to do robberies, gang hits and other dumb shit that would’ve easily been traceable in real life.

With the advent of the serial system, it's easy to trace them in-game too. Still, I'm sympathetic to the argument that more PF weapons means more potential straw purchases, and detecting the weapons is well and good but does little to remedy the fact that the criminals... already have the weapons and/or used them in commission of a crime. The new system is still in its relative infancy, so we'll see what comes of it, but I'm of the opinion that allowing too many purchases will open the door to more straw buyers.

As someone involved in their fair share of security guard RP though, I've only ever had to draw my weapon a handful of times in the past few months - let alone fire it. If you're suffering a large series of PKs and burglaries, I would present the possibility that someone is targeting you (whether because of a vendetta or because of how easy they believe it is to get your weapons is another matter entirely.)

This sort of situation requires a better solution than simply purchasing more firearms, obviously - and an IC one at that.

• mj2002 locked this topic