Allow GC holders to purchase more firearms

Rensai

Currently, there's a restriction on how many firearms a person can buy in a set period of time, even as a guard. Obviously, as a guard, you have a far higher chance of getting PK'd, or at least getting downed and having your weapon taken. Happens one too many times, and you are completely unable to do your roleplay job for a month which means all of the work you've been doing for clients just falls apart. If someone is seen to be abusing this (such as by selling the firearms and reporting them stolen) then punish them. But I've seen more than one guard have to just.... Stop taking contracts completely because they were PK'd or robbed one too many times.

Its not the end of the world, but for character's who's stories revolve around this career, such a thing can be devastating.

• Upvote 1

Donators? What are you talking about? I'm talking about Guard-Card holders. And I am suggesting increasing the limit. Not sure where you got the misconception. To clarify I think the limit is 2 guns per month? I'd suggest increasing it to something like 4, or 5. Your response genuinely confuses me.

Edited by Rensai
1 minute ago, Rensai said:

Donators? What are you talking about? I'm talking about Guard-Card holders. And I am suggesting increasing the limit. Not sure where you got the misconception. To clarify I think the limit is 2 guns per month? I'd suggest increasing it to something like 4, or 5.

I read that COMPLETELY wrong and I want to sincerely apologize!

Read GC as gold coins. Completely jumped to the wrong assumption here. I'll still stand by adjusting the restriction overall.

• Upvote 1

Lol its alright. You confused the hell out of me, man haha. Yeah, the restriction totally makes sense for the normal PF license I think, maybe even CCW, but for Guards, it makes 0 sense to me and just completely disrupts someone's career for a whole month. Obviously I have a vested interest in this, as one of my characters is a guard but I've seen violence skyrocket in the recent weeks and it just got me thinking how shitty it would be to lose the ability- and I've known it to happen to others.

I don't think this is the correct solution. Security guards should not be wading head first into a situation, knowing in the back of their mind "oh I still have 2 more guns left to purchase this month, it doesn't matter if I die!"

I'd encourage them to make a report if someone has escalated situations inappropriately, deathmatched etc because you'll be refunded your weapon more often than not. It sounds like these shitty situations are not being reported as often as they should. Again I must stress that a lack of roleplay must be very clear in order for such reports to be accepted. We don't want to see reports coming up just because you lost in a situation you had no business in, or chose to escalate yourself. 

That said in the case of stolen firearms, I don't see any harm in letting the PD give players an extra credit to buy a replacement on condition they report it stolen with sufficient evidence, backed up with an incident report or whatever on pds end. The player would then go to the HQ with their case number to get the credit. 

Additionally if GC holders value their weapons so much, perhaps they could consider only carrying it to and from their place of work or during assignments. If they know robberies are rife, why would they risk their livelihood more than they need to? 

I can understand why it might be a frustrating limitation though, more so if you're a victim of simple bad luck. 

I believe a lot of GC holders misunderstand the concept behind the license. The goal of having this license is to simply guard any assigned premises or subjects whilst also minimizing shootouts as much as possible. 

The correct way to go on about this would be to call 911 and stall shootouts rather than taking the matter into your own hands just because you get a thrill out of shootouts. In my opinion, it should stay as is, this only encourages negative behavior and stupid decision-making that'll be reflected on all guard card holders in game simply because it is influenced by their OOC knowledge of how many guns they can purchase.

You shouldn't willfully engage in combat because you're a guard, if you have the ability to call 911 whilst also stalling the shootout as much possible, then you should use that opportunity to act based off that thought. By stalling a shootout I mean not shooting to kill but rather shooting to keep the shooter focused on you whilst others can escape and police can arrive ASAP.

Not to mention how this may fuck up the entire process of finding stolen weaponry in-game for police officers now, because if you have five guns attached to your name every month, the likelihood of them being stolen away from you after you is very high, which is another reason why I think it shouldn't be taken lightly. When you have access to two firearms a month, then it makes the search process easier and it makes it quite a big deal for your character to lose their weapon, whereas if you can just access guns like there's no tomorrow, then you wouldn't mind your gun being stolen.

Edited by Serower
3 hours ago, Westen said:

I don't think this is the correct solution. Security guards should not be wading head first into a situation, knowing in the back of their mind "oh I still have 2 more guns left to purchase this month, it doesn't matter if I die!"

I just don't even know where you're getting this assumption. That's not why I made this post so that "it doesn't matter if I die as long as i can still get guns hurr durr!" I made this post for the purposes of roleplay. So that's guards careers won't be ruined if they happen to get robbed or die twice in a month (which is a really really long time, btw. I'd understand if it was maybe 14 days.) But back to your point, people should always act in a way of self preservation, but I really appreciate you taking the worst possible interpretation of my suggestion @Westen

1 hour ago, Moonsong said:

Additionally if GC holders value their weapons so much, perhaps they could consider only carrying it to and from their place of work or during assignments. If they know robberies are rife, why would they risk their livelihood more than they need to? 

I can understand why it might be a frustrating limitation though, more so if you're a victim of simple bad luck. 

Most guards also hold CCW's.

1 hour ago, The Red One said:

How do GC holders even lose their weapons? Shootouts are to obviously be avoided, obviously. I store my guns in a office I've leased out. 

Varies ways on and off-duty. Most Guards have CCW licenses. Sometimes you get robbed off-duty.

1 hour ago, Serower said:

I believe a lot of GC holders misunderstand the concept behind the license. The goal of having this license is to simply guard any assigned premises or subjects whilst also minimizing shootouts as much as possible. 

The correct way to go on about this would be to call 911 and stall shootouts rather than taking the matter into your own hands just because you get a thrill out of shootouts. In my opinion, it should stay as is, this only encourages negative behavior and stupid decision-making that'll be reflected on all guard card holders in game simply because it is influenced by their OOC knowledge of how many guns they can purchase.

You shouldn't willfully engage in combat because you're a guard, if you have the ability to call 911 whilst also stalling the shootout as much possible, then you should use that opportunity to act based off that thought. By stalling a shootout I mean not shooting to kill but rather shooting to keep the shooter focused on you whilst others can escape and police can arrive ASAP.

Not to mention how this may fuck up the entire process of finding stolen weaponry in-game for police officers now, because if you have five guns attached to your name every month, the likelihood of them being stolen away from you after you is very high, which is another reason why I think it shouldn't be taken lightly. When you have access to two firearms a month, then it makes the search process easier and it makes it quite a big deal for your character to lose their weapon, whereas if you can just access guns like there's no tomorrow, then you wouldn't mind your gun being stolen.

I believe you are the one misunderstanding. I have never fired my weapon on security duty. Not once, never happened. When a shoot out happens, I tell everyone to get down, call 911, and get my weapon ready in case I do have to fire after taking cover.

Again, you are just assuming the worst for no reason. You really don't think its possible to lose two weapons in one month on-duty or off? Sometimes shit just happens. For instance I was robbed yesterday off-duty. Three guys just rolled up to me, I had absolutely no control over that. So if it happens again within four weeks I guess its just "GuEsS yOu ShOuLd hAvE bEeN mOrE cArEfUl" Yeah seems like a great reason for someone to just be unable to continue their career for a month, because they were robbed out of no-where.

• mj2002 locked this topic