Driving in a roleplay server

I’m sure I’m not the only one that deals with players on an almost daily, if not daily basis that slam into other players and/or their vehicles and simply blame desync, lag or whatever else to not have to RP driving. It’s lately gotten to a point where a lot of situations are voided solely due to this supposed desync.

My opinion is pretty simple: if you choose to let your character drive like a moron going near or over 100mph in the city and you hit someone it’s your own fault. Yes RageMP has flaws, yes your pc might not be able to handle loading it in fast enough (all the more reason to take slowing down as a good option), but that doesn’t mean you don’t have to roleplay driving and crashes. “/b you want to RP that?” Is used too often. Of course you do, you’re on an RP server.

share your opinions.

• Upvote 1

This madness has to stop. Particularly a lot of courier drivers who blast through cars doing 90 and don't stop to RP. You can't report it because they were going too fast for you to see the ID.  And then the courier job is just driving from A to B for money with zero roleplay. The amount of times I see courier vans driving on the wrong side of the road passed or even through an FD scene is absurd. It may happen in real life every now and then - but not on every scene several times a scene. 

I understand the trucker script is coming so that would be good. But it's an RP server nonetheless, so lets actually drive RPishly please. 

Edited by Cobra

Another one is street racing. It happens in real life and is a problem for the authorities so fair enough. But the number of people we see racing, crashing and driving off like it is GTA Online is also absurd. Or they roleplay the crash but then do it again a few hours later when they should be in the hospital with life threatening injuries. (Go on an alt or roleplay being homebound - but at least respect that injuries disable your character's abilities)

It's understandable when people skip accidents because in your screen it happened but on other's screen it didn't happen at all. That's unfortunate. Sync for vehicles is actually the worst I've ever seen in my life. Aside from that I've seen people roleplay their injuries on legit accidents and not the ones caused by desync.

Speaking of street racing.. those who usually drive like idiots through LS are usually the cop baiters and the ones who tend to provoke. Imo those kind of people should be dealt with.

• Applaud 2
5 minutes ago, Invictus said:

It's understandable when people skip accidents because in your screen it happened but on other's screen it didn't happen at all. That's unfortunate. Sync for vehicles is actually the worst I've ever seen in my life. Aside from that I've seen people roleplay their injuries on legit accidents and not the ones caused by desync.

Speaking of street racing.. those who usually drive like idiots through LS are usually the cop baiters and the ones who tend to provoke. Imo those kind of people should be dealt with.

+1

Man, I've almost made a thread about this so many times. Antisocial driving, non-RP driving and just plain OOC driving is the biggest killer of GTA:W for me right now. I can't treat it as Heavy-RP when 99% of people drive like it's GTA:O. It's a shame too because it's obvious that the devs and staff care a lot about this server. And the casual atrocious driving is undermining all of that.

It isn't just the bad players either. I know some fantastic RPers in good factions and communities who contribute a lot to this little world. Then they get in a car and drive it like they stole it.

I don't even want to RP the accidents anymore. The first couple of times were mildly entertaining sub-plot RP. Now it's just a bind.

I definitely believe that the driving issue needs to be given a high priority because it's the biggest thing affecting GTA:W's Heavy RP status right now.

EDIT: I logged in after posting this and within 5 minutes I was rear-ended by a high-performance sports car because I stopped at a set of lights.

Edited by Pan Grama
25 minutes ago, M52B28 said:

Have you tried reporting them?

^

Realistically speaking, it's a GTA game, car accidents will always occur in many different ways (Desync, lag, or the generic non-RP driving) which are all as horrible. The least you can do is use the /report function or form a forum report, I'm sure those who continuously drive non-RPly will be punished.

• Perky locked this topic