Hire more staff - 1/60 is not sufficent

Lerius

There were 3 admins online today for 180 players, waited for 3 hours for a break in report, not to mention any other help requests that I made which took an unexpected amount of time to get a response to. The server is in severe lack of staff, start considering the opening of staff applications.

22 hours ago, Lerius said:

There were 3 admins online today for 180 players, waited for 3 hours for a break in report, not to mention any other help requests that I made which took an unexpected amount of time to get a response to. The server is in severe lack of staff, start considering the opening of staff applications.

Pretty sure they are aware of this issue...just give them time to find qualified people. 

3 hours ago, OfficerCode3 said:

Pretty sure they are aware of this issue...just give them time to find qualified people. 

If they are aware why haven't they opened staff applications to resolve the issue? Shouldn't speak behalf of the staff if you ain't in it.

Staff applications were closed on the 28th of the last month, just over a week ago. It's entirely possible that when a new staff update comes out for either last month or this month, you'll find more people coming into the admin team and support team possibly.

Here's basically how the "hiring of staff" process works.
We open up the applications for a little while and wait for the applications to pop in. Then we close them and evaluate the applications that came in while the window was open. Then we decide on which members to add to the fold and open up applications again.

It's not a matter of just finding the right amount of people. We add the people that are deemed suitable in a support position at first (like myself, for example)and promote them to a trial admin position once they have proven themselves to be capable of handling that.

So, there is a process to the madness, but unfortunately it is a bit more complicated than just "hiring more staff members". 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Thirteen said:

Here's basically how the "hiring of staff" process works.
We open up the applications for a little while and wait for the applications to pop in. Then we close them and evaluate the applications that came in while the window was open. Then we decide on which members to add to the fold and open up applications again.

It's not a matter of just finding the right amount of people. We add the people that are deemed suitable in a support position at first (like myself, for example)and promote them to a trial admin position once they have proven themselves to be capable of handling that.

So, there is a process to the madness, but unfortunately it is a bit more complicated than just "hiring more staff members". 

As a retired staff member can confirm. Process is actually quite long and is not done just to get the numbers. I've seen extremely active people denied a staff position because they had a bad rep in the community or broke the rules not too long ago. That's the reason I can't blame the admins for that, they hire staff fairly frequently Imo but I also think it very important to get more admins, if support team member shows promise, higher ranked admins should take a chance on them. 

3 admins for 180 players isn't actually that awful of a ratio, all things considered. I've seen a lot worse in other places. You'd think there's a lot of things going on at once, but typically there's very little rule violations.

Quality is better than quantity.

6 hours ago, Lerius said:

If they are aware why haven't they opened staff applications to resolve the issue? Shouldn't speak behalf of the staff if you ain't in it.

They literally just closed. I am not speaking on behalf of staff it’s just obvious to everyone but you. 

• Rukka locked this topic