Remove the $5,000 limit from rule 10 - Robbing and Scamming

Lerius

This rule makes no sense and it's a serious flaw on how safe players feel in the game world. I will elaborate.

• So sense of danger - This is my main point, having a limit on how much one can lose takes away the feel of danger from players. Anyone can go around the city with a million dollars in their pocket and feel safe because they know for a fact that noone can steal more than five thousand from them. This is flawed, as noone in the real world would ever feel safe carrying a million dollars around the streets.
  • Robbing people is not worth the risk - The risk/reward ratio for robbing players is biased, and heavily favours victims. It's not worth robbing someone knowing that you can only get 5k off from them, and perhaps later on the line get shot if you happen to rob the wrong person. Having that risk is simply not worth it knowning what you're going to get out from it.
  • Less roleplay - Without this limit, players wanting to carry large amount of cash from one point to another would have to find themselves a security company as an example, which would increase the interaction amount between players and security companies, creating roleplay. Right now the server offers the safe passage through a rule, which renders private transportation useless.

If players want to secure their money, they should put it into their bank. There is absolutely no reason to have this limitation as it only restricts possibilities. If they are stupid enough to carry hundreds of thousands of dollars with them on the streets they should obviously be punished for it.

Edited by Lerius
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

The main point that you have mentioned is pretty rare since players are not usually carrying that much money in their pockets around the streets, and as opposed to real life, robberies are happening a lot in the server, and without limitation, the crime percentage would go up drastically, and this would also cause an economic crisis since people will prefer doing robberies than just working legally. On top of that, I do agree that carrying a large amount of money should be well roleplayed and contacting a security company is a realistic move to do in that kind of situation, but I don't think that removing a rule like that would increase that interaction, I feel like players should do that anyway, they are here to RP.

Edited by SupSupreme
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, SupSupreme said:

The main point that you have mentioned is pretty rare since players are not usually carrying that much money in their pockets around the streets, and as opposed to real life, robberies are happening a lot in the server, and without limitation, the crime percentage would go up drastically, and this would also cause an economic crisis since people will prefer doing robberies than just working legally. On top of that, I do agree that carrying a large amount of money should be well roleplayed and contacting a security company is a realistic move to do in that kind of situation, but I don't think that removing a rule like that would increase that interaction, I feel like players should do that anyway, they are here to RP.

I come from a community that had no rules on how much you could rob from someone, and I can tell you for sure that the economy didn't suffer, instead people behaved more reasonably, like they do in real life. They don't go around carrying massive amounts of money because they have the fear that it can be stolen from them.

If you don't want to lose your money, don't carry it with you all the time, simple as that.

Edited by Lerius

People rarely carry more than 2-3k on them. There is no reason to carry more, since you can pay for almost everything on the server through the bank. 5 grand is plenty, plus people can have valuable items on them, which makes robbing them viable to make money, etc. Also for me, robbing someone is more about the RP, than what I'm going to steal off him.

13 minutes ago, detha4545 said:

People rarely carry more than 2-3k on them. There is no reason to carry more, since you can pay for almost everything on the server through the bank. 5 grand is plenty, plus people can have valuable items on them, which makes robbing them viable to make money, etc. Also for me, robbing someone is more about the RP, than what I'm going to steal off him.

Still doesn't change the fact that the money is on their person. It's the same meme with people roleplaying they hid their gun, and yet script wise still has it on their person. It's illogical. If you have X amount of money on you, it's on you. Face the consequences. I cannot grasp why we cater to protect stupid people when you should just let Darwinism run it's course.

Edited by Machiavelli
  • Applaud 1

This would be the dumbest thing ever. I, as someone who truly enjoys stealing money from other players, would be a millionaire on the server in a few weeks if this was done. Oh how many people would think they're buying shotguns from me but then get robbed of sweet 5 digits. No argument more fr just fuckin keep the 5k limit.

Not even doing this for myself its just my nights of robbing would take away from my sleep and i wouldnt b able to work irl please dont do this to me

Edited by cracked

There’s already a ridiculously unrealistic amount of robberies going on and this would just add to the problem and shatter immersion more. I get they happen irl but it’s not an unusual thing to be chain robbed in one evening just for standing outside of your house (in a non scummy area too).

• Applaud 1