Fans speeding up when playing RageMP.

Westen

7 hours ago, Zweepuh said:

Or the company who built it didn't remove the plastic film prior to installing it.. seems to be an issue popping up from now and then! 

Is this something I can fix myself or will it void my warranty

24 minutes ago, Westen said:

Is this something I can fix myself or will it void my warranty

WIth a bit of confidence, some cooling paste and isopropanol you can do it yourself, it's super easy tbh. But it may void your warranty (depends on the company who built it for you) I honestly have no idea how warranties apply on pre-built PC's since I build them myself. But if you are feeling unsure I'd advice you to turn it back and let them run some tests because your temps neither normal nor OK. I measured my temps in RAGE and I peaked 44c, and then I play with everything maxed out.

Just now, Zweepuh said:

WIth a bit of confidence, some cooling paste and isopropanol you can do it yourself, it's super easy tbh. But it may void your warranty (depends on the company who built it for you) I honestly have no idea how warranties apply on pre-built PC's since I build them myself. But if you are feeling unsure I'd advice you to turn it back and let them run some tests because your temps neither normal nor OK. I measured my temps in RAGE and I peaked 44c, and then I play with everything maxed out.

I've just had a mess around with the fan speeds in my BIOS. On the new Lara Croft maxed out running for 10 minutes, I hit 60C. On RageMP, regardless of speed or time running, it will ramp up to 75C eventually and flicker between the two. I've tried highering my fan speeds at lower temps to hopefully prevent the noise but it only delays it.

Just now, Westen said:

I've just had a mess around with the fan speeds in my BIOS. On the new Lara Croft maxed out running for 10 minutes, I hit 60C. On RageMP, regardless of speed or time running, it will ramp up to 75C eventually and flicker between the two. I've tried highering my fan speeds at lower temps to hopefully prevent the noise but it only delays it.

Yeah as you did by turning off MCE you should see some lower temps. But something is off man.. Coffee lakes tend to run fairly hot, but not that hot.

• 1 month later...

My best recommendation would be to simply unscrew the AIO pump and have a look beneath, unless there is a warranty seal. Sounds to me that it may just need reseating or it may have inadequate amount/bad quality thermal paste. Also, if applicable see if all your driver's for the pump are correct. I had to install new drivers through CAM when I installed my Kraken AIO

• 3 months later...
  • Gall locked this topic