What do you like and don't about the server?

Gangstafary

7 hours ago, 1357 said:

I think i read somewhere that the current developer team doesnt really have experience with CEF coding and is a big part of the reason why its still the way it is for example.

7 hours ago, Rozi said:

This is probably the biggest lie you have read on this forums. There's nothing really that hard with CEF. A CEF interface is basically a web page, all you need to know to create a CEF interface is to work with HTML, CSS, JS, which our web developers are more than capable of doing. 

As the person who wrote this originally, it's far from "the biggest lie written on the forums". Out of the 4 devs who are above junior rank, 3 of 4 of us have zero experience with working with CEF. It doesn't matter how difficult HTML is (because it isn't), the problem is designing good looking interfaces in the first place. Regardless of our web devs being capable of making interfaces, they do not have access to our gamemode code and hence do not make CEF code for us.

7 hours ago, Rozi said:

Most people probably don't recall but we had a fully functional OPERATING SYSTEM which we could access in game via laptops, but it was buggy as fuck, laggy and mostly unusable if you tried to use it in game. 

This operating system script was implemented by JoeWarner, and seeing some of the code from behind the scenes (i.e. Cinema script) I'm not surprised it's buggy, laggy and unusable. I think it's less of a Rage CEF issue and more of a how it was wrote issue.

7 hours ago, Rozi said:

Why does this happen? Because RAGEMP implements CEF in a really shitty way. It feel dated because it's very hard to do modern and impressive stuff with a client that barely gets updated.  

There's numerous examples of CEF being implemented perfectly fine elsewhere. There are literally hundreds of examples of good CEF scripts displayed in RageMP's Discord, and there are servers with mainly CEF interfaces that work perfectly fine.

Here are some basic examples:

43 minutes ago, TwistedMessez said:

Like, half of the town clubs every damn night, is there nothing else that those people can think about roleplaying ffs? Yeah I get that it has a working script and looks fancy etc but too many people with supercars yet they don't even know how rich people act. Like I see some people driving through hoods or hanging around some places that nobody with a supercar would - and guess what they do there? /anim lean on the car and wait for people to come over and praise their cars probably.

Yeah, the fact that people can't open anything else other than a club just ruins it for every club owner. If I was PM I'd simply deny the requests at that point. 

And about the cars, that is problematic to this day, people still ask "is this car fast" like why do you care? You char could barely afford a rat bike. 

Also the fact that people ALWAYS sell their cars in Mint condition or "like new" or they say dumb stuff like "maxed". Next time someone is selling something maxed I'm gonna meet them and spam with questions. 

11 hours ago, 1357 said:

It is not even about "CEF" interfaces.. really. There is no denying it is a good server, but to say there is not much to dislike is subjective. Right now there is hardly anything offered here that is different to another server.. other than it being on GTA V.. There are tons of things that developers can do that doesn't limit them because of the client they use. Even if there were more nice user interfaces similar to the bank /withdraw /deposit.. it wouldn't necessarily make the server any better than its current state.. it would just make it feel more.. modern I guess.

Also.. I'm not sure if it's 'purely because of shitty client' is the entire reason why GTA W is not more popular.. there are tons of people that do not even know this exists. Especially with GTA V RP exploding.. twitch community knows Family RP and No Pixel, but hardly anyone knows servers like GTA W exist. I even showed this to some random twitch user through private messages and they were surprised, especially at how many players are able to be online at any given time. 

Feel free to read my reply above, but maybe there's not a lot more players because of other reasons, one being consistent advertising. I didn't find out about GTA W from advertisements, but because I typed in "FiveRP" in YouTube and came across a completely different servers video with like 900 views.. which was GTA W.

It is because it’s a text RP server, some people only played text servers back in the day like LSRP because there was no voice RP. Nowadays people think what’s the point of playing text rp if there are plenty of voiced ones? Also, GTAW will never be popular on twitch as it would be extremely boring to watch a stream/story with no voices.

GTAW is only good for screenshot stories but not good for videos unless you are giving a full voiceover/commentary or a montage type of video.

Edited by aldo
4 hours ago, Pascal said:

As the person who wrote this originally, it's far from "the biggest lie written on the forums". Out of the 4 devs who are above junior rank, 3 of 4 of us have zero experience with working with CEF. It doesn't matter how difficult HTML is (because it isn't), the problem is designing good looking interfaces in the first place. Regardless of our web devs being capable of making interfaces, they do not have access to our gamemode code and hence do not make CEF code for us.

This operating system script was implemented by JoeWarner, and seeing some of the code from behind the scenes (i.e. Cinema script) I'm not surprised it's buggy, laggy and unusable. I think it's less of a Rage CEF issue and more of a how it was wrote issue.

There's numerous examples of CEF being implemented perfectly fine elsewhere. There are literally hundreds of examples of good CEF scripts displayed in RageMP's Discord, and there are servers with mainly CEF interfaces that work perfectly fine.

Here are some basic examples:

Brooo that looks amazing

I don't like how the government doesn't directly influence the economy, instead management and property management do. I may be wrong, though!

I do like how features are actually being implemented, considering I come from a community where that doesn't really happen too often.

8 hours ago, Lance said:

Yeah, the fact that people can't open anything else other than a club just ruins it for every club owner. If I was PM I'd simply deny the requests at that point. 

And about the cars, that is problematic to this day, people still ask "is this car fast" like why do you care? You char could barely afford a rat bike. 

Also the fact that people ALWAYS sell their cars in Mint condition or "like new" or they say dumb stuff like "maxed". Next time someone is selling something maxed I'm gonna meet them and spam with questions. 

Because there is no real vehicle stat system.. it also do not make sense that a vehicle completely modified is cheaper than dealership condition to me.. The in game market is so weird and unrealistic and everyone just goes with it..

I already mention the server is nightclub / bar simulator with all of them offering the same thing.. bad music and same interior. Also that ppl who run bars only open them at night instead of during day. Yes.. everyone on server has riced out sports cars, and they all know nothing about cars.. just throw a big spoiler on it, some over the top livery.. anything else they possibly can and they think it looks cool. It is most amusing when you see girl characters or anyone in general just casually driving them as their every day car..

8 hours ago, Pascal said:

Looks good.. just seem like a lot of people fault rage MP and thats why the server is the way it is.. but i know there can be plenty of things done to the server that would make it much more enjoyable. I refuse believe everything thats wrong with server right now is because of rage MP.. just silly.

5 hours ago, aldo said:

It is because it’s a text RP server, some people only played text servers back in the day like LSRP because there was no voice RP. Nowadays people think what’s the point of playing text rp if there are plenty of voiced ones? Also, GTAW will never be popular on twitch as it would be extremely boring to watch a stream/story with no voices.

GTAW is only good for screenshot stories but not good for videos unless you are giving a full voiceover/commentary or a montage type of video.

That is not really true at all.. my entire point is there are people who would be very interested in text rp that only know of voice rp. I only made comparison that with how popular GTA RP has gotten.. people just think its only voice servers like NoPixel that makes up GTA V RP.. 

I am also not saying GTA W needs to be popular on twitch.. all i am implying is proper advertising couldn't hurt.. i didn't find out about GTA W because of GTA W.. i found out about it indirectly on Youtube. Everyone here only knows GTA W because ls rp, previous samp servers.. i am sure introducing this to people who are completely new would make server receive a huge influx in terms of player count. 

again.. i showed this to some random user on twitch who didn't know anything about this and only thought nopixel was the best gta v rp server.. he is probably playing today who knows. 

Edited by 1357