What do you like and don't about the server?

Gangstafary

First off, this is an appreciation and feedback giving post so abide to that in order for things to go smooth. I'll start myself.

I like:

- Its big playerbase.
- Things like Player Management and Faction Management, ensuring that some canon is enforced when it comes to realism, etc.
- The drugs and weapon supplier program, allowing players to access "illegal end-game" without going through the officiality hoop. Also the vehicle breakin and hotwiring system being available for all.
- The constant stream of updates and features.
- The staff transparency.

I don't like:

- The lack of an environment RP. I miss it from past SA-MP RP servers and for me it's a feature every heavy RP server should have. Pretending that the only people in such a big city like GTA V LS are the ones online hugely breaks immersion.

I like everything you like as well, especially the big player base.

I also absolutely love the UI for the server, especially the inventory system.

I feel like the admins are wishy washy about things.

I also feel like they should take some aspects from SA:MP servers. Especially environment RP.

Edited by Sharpi
  • Upvote 1

You can't establish "environment roleplay" with a map three times bigger than GTA SA's map. Unless there has been more and more active gang neighborhoods, I believe this wouldn't happen easily, not with the massive size of this map any ways. 

Gangs in the moment are very spread out and I believe this is simply because people rather play the safe route and not go through a lot of issues as they're starting off by beefing with other gangs. This, of course, is only theoretical, but from previous experience as a strict gang roleplayer, this is what I found myself and even other faction leaders doing. 

Over time, this issue will be resolved, for the time being; make the most out of it and try to contribute to it if you could. 

I like:

- The welcoming, friendly community. I have yet to run into any trouble OOCly.

- Staff, they're always doing their best to assist even during peak times. 

- Variety of roleplay around the server itself, there's a touch of everything and it's good to see.

I dislike:

- The user interface. Not a huge deal, but it could really use some polishing.

• Upvote 1

I had a lot of fun.. but after awhile it started becoming very monotonous. I found myself logging in doing the same thing.. due to there not being much to do, the repetition became tedious. The server doesn't doesnt have a lot to offer other than some mind numbing script jobs and a very repetitive night life which only consists of bars and clubs.. and 99% being the same interior so that in itself is a factor I suppose... and good luck finding anyone outside bars or clubs because it seems like the map is dead and if they are not in bars or clubs.. they must be interior role playing elsewhere. Also.. almost everyone on the server drives riced up sports and super cars.. lol so thats not very realistic or immersive.

The map being so huge is another factor also.. It would be nice to see some other businesses like restaurants more often and a real food script. Similar to how ls rp where you can enter the cluckin bell or any other restaurant for that matter, you can order food and your character will have a tray in their hands.. with benefits like health regeneration. Yes some people will just run in and buy something for health but that already happens with the 24/7s.. and this can provide more opportunities for role play.

I probably just wore myself out from it too quick though. Also, it really seems like majority of the characters people role play are very.. generic and stale.

Its flooded with people who role play lesbian females or wolf of wall street characters.. or gang members, and hardly any depth to characters. Or maybe it just seems like there are hardly any diverse personality with them.. like they all act the same. I do wish depth was enforced more and a way to make it so you can actually feel attached to a certain character you meet. For example.. Death means nothing whereas in real life.. I would propose CK to character who die in legitimate scenarios which you would likely face death in real life.. but there are people who find it fun to just die and pretend like it never happened or brush it off.. so oh well. 

I just think it would spice up role play in all aspects. From regular civilian role play to gang role play, example being it would entertain beefs a lot more. You wouldn't have to worry about the same person you just killed retaliating, instead other gang members who were affiliated with the deceased victim. Gang beef or general crime in retrospect would be a risk ten fold.. as you are risking your 'life'.. just as it is in reality. I also remember reading a planned feature where if you kill somebody their body remains.. this would be perfect in my opinion.. and less awkward to just "PK" an act like it isnt you.. idk though. 

If we are hard core.. dying should result in consequences and not just losing the gun someone spent a couple paychecks on.. and as a result this would open up a lot more role play for those who were involved in that persons 'life'. It just makes everything more exciting and entertaining.. if i were to role play killing someone.. i would prefer not seeing that person walking around later like nothing happened.. at least not in a server that entertains the idea of hardcore role play.. 

Right now.. seeing a character you have developed a good relationship with or have a long past with in a state that is critical doesn't hit me as much.. so you are forced to show 'emotion' when really you know they are going to role playing like nothing happened within 5 minutes.. so its like.. idk this aspect is missing i guess.. and creates some pretty awkward moments..

The server itself feels a little dated too. In my opinion.. it kind of feels like ls rp on gta v with a few different things here and there. Drugs are still extremely useless and very limited.. vehicle customization is very limited.. character customization is honestly really bad and very limited too.. but im sure these are outside of the servers control for most part. 

But i am sure it will improve an be much better in the future but right now, for me personally.. there's not a lot that keeps me wanting to continue playing at the moment. I can write a lot more but i do not want make this too long.. i will likely invest more time once major updates come though.. i am sure there are some good things in the works right now also..

• Upvote 3

To be honest there's not much to dislike about the server. The roleplay is good, staff is good and open, Nervous is a 5 star baguette owner, roleplay is good everywhere. THe only thing I don't like about the server is the client it's on and people who know me know how much I dislike ragemp. 

Just now, Rozi said:

To be honest there's not much to dislike about the server. The roleplay is good, staff is good and open, Nervous is a 5 star baguette owner, roleplay is good everywhere. THe only thing I don't like about the server is the client it's on and people who know me know how much I dislike ragemp. 

I agree with this completely. The flaw's are not really within the server more on the servers client. RAGEMP has a lot of hiccups and issues still and the driving hasn't really improved over the past year, you still desync everywhere.

Just now, Punked said:

I agree with this completely. The flaw's are not really within the server more on the servers client. RAGEMP has a lot of hiccups and issues still and the driving hasn't really improved over the past year, you still desync everywhere.

And to be honest, the only reason GTA W is not greater than it is currently is purely because of the shitty client that we sadly have no alternative to. People always complain about the user interface and stuff, but if a CEF user interface would be introduced I can bet all my money that everyone would moan about it being laggy, unresponsive and crashy and would want to revert it.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rozi said:

And to be honest, the only reason GTA W is not greater than it is currently is purely because of the shitty client that we sadly have no alternative to. People always complain about the user interface and stuff, but if a CEF user interface would be introduced I can bet all my money that everyone would moan about it being laggy, unresponsive and crashy and would want to revert it.

It is not even about "CEF" interfaces.. really. There is no denying it is a good server, but to say there is not much to dislike is subjective. Right now there is hardly anything offered here that is different to another server.. other than it being on GTA V.. There are tons of things that developers can do that doesn't limit them because of the client they use. Even if there were more nice user interfaces similar to the bank /withdraw /deposit.. it wouldn't necessarily make the server any better than its current state.. it would just make it feel more.. modern I guess.

Also.. I'm not sure if it's 'purely because of shitty client' is the entire reason why GTA W is not more popular.. there are tons of people that do not even know this exists. Especially with GTA V RP exploding.. twitch community knows Family RP and No Pixel, but hardly anyone knows servers like GTA W exist. I even showed this to some random twitch user through private messages and they were surprised, especially at how many players are able to be online at any given time. 

Feel free to read my reply above, but maybe there's not a lot more players because of other reasons, one being consistent advertising. I didn't find out about GTA W from advertisements, but because I typed in "FiveRP" in YouTube and came across a completely different servers video with like 900 views.. which was GTA W.