What do you like and don't about the server?

Gangstafary

33 minutes ago, cookiejar said:

I don't like:

- Not having a hospital interior. I know there's so many hospitals around town, but it'd be nice to have a big one with interior so you could return to the doctor after you're wounded, schedule an appointment and get yourself checked and stuff. I would totally be up to roleplay a nurse or a doctor!

If I'm not mistaken, people have jumped to making their own custom interiors in Menyoo, which will be able to be imported into GTAW using their own furniture system. I'm pretty sure a hospital interior will be an addition made by either the mapping team or community in the future.

Spoiler

939b91 rwyoout hoe

33 minutes ago, cookiejar said:

I don't like:

- More interiors, and more clothes to choose from would be great. But that lays entirely in Rockstar's hands, unfortunately. But I hope they will release something interesting soon, since they said their next update for GTA:O will be super big and will launch somewhere early summer.

A lot of the interiors, hairs and clothing textures/models actually lay in the hands of the community, there are some great mods available for new clothing items such as dresses, tops, pants and shoes. However, the current state of RageMP makes it difficult to include those mods. As for Rockstar, they have their own vision which appears to be adding the same clothing item with a different texture ?

Spoiler

2d5ebe 20180930161426 12

• Upvote 1

I like pretty much everything, but there is one thing that I really think needs addressing. The melee system is horrible. This is not a fault of GTAW directly, but there is something we can do about it.

To start with, the melee system doesn't work due to syncing issues making your chance to hit connection-based luck, in summary. This is a RAGE problem. However, even if the sync is fixed, this problem does not go away; there is no substance to PVP melee in GTA. It's simply 'spam m1', and all sync would do is make it slightly more consistent. You cannot, as a player, get OOCly better at the melee system; only luckier. With gun fights, there is at least the aspects of cover, aim, etc, even with sync that's less than ideal.

In my opinion, GTAW needs some sort of enforced /roll or /me melee system in place. I can't count the number of times I've tried to emote grabbing someone as a security guard, only for them to wordlessly start spamming M1 on me halfway through my sentence. It's ridiculous, and doesn't fit in an environment of serious RP. There are problems that come with a /roll or /me system (a pure /roll system is still luck based unless you add DND-like stats, or something, and a /me system has the problem of neither party wanting to 'lose' and therefore it just goes on forever), but it's a much better foundation on which to build compared to a system that will forever be stuck as M1 spam.

- great team of admins who do their job on a professional level
- very social and understanding owner who listens to us and puts out fixes very quick
- big community
- great over-all roleplay script, very well written and therefore it works nice
- many features which other roleplay servers don't have (tattoos, make-up, car tuning)

Dislikes (mostly in game stuff):

- lack of diversity, too many similar businesses that means
- everyone's a magnet to interior roleplay
- everyone daily drives a fucking race car (personal OPINION, do what you want but I think it's breaking immersion)
- kinda similar to the second thing: lack of outside/environment rp and too much sitting in interiors
- a very bad system around crimes, lack of consequences, jail times are a joke
- corruption in the police department is a little bit too out there and obvious for my liking
- too many features which require from you to memorize many commands and other stuff
- zero advocating of proper roleplay, yet the server calls itself "heavy"

And I'll explain the last one.

Okay, so. First of all, as Lance has said

15 hours ago, Lance said:

Because everyone wants to win every RP scenario.

people have the wrong mindset about roleplay and over time they even end up RPG-ing, meaning roleplayGRINDING.
There's lots of things that are wrong with this server, mostly with people who play it. They demand realism, yet they roleplay a 90lb 16 year old with Mariusz Pudzianowski's strength and a Cambodian commando's agility and all that bullshit. Cars are an issue too, on one side it's a roleplay server, on the other side it's the Fast and the Furious because everyone owns a sportscar with massive wings and glossy shit all over.

Remember that the post is about what we like and dislike and we're not literally saying EVERYONE is like that. Now, with that out of the way I just wanna finish off by saying I don't want to turn this into a discussion.

Also I met a lot of great people here who I keep in touch with until this very day, so at the end of the day I can't be that harsh on the server.
It's a great server, but it has it's ups and downs.

• Applaud 1
8 hours ago, hentai! said:

- a very bad system around crimes, lack of consequences, jail times are a joke

While it'd be nice to see more severe consequences for some things, I sometimes wonder if this could be a RP issue too.  Getting arrested for murder with a lot of evidence against you could be RPd like getting life in prison (ie CK).  Getting in a bad wreck during a police chase.. CK.  

Maybe with a DoJ we could see things change up a bit!   

33 minutes ago, KV said:

While it'd be nice to see more severe consequences for some things, I sometimes wonder if this could be a RP issue too.  Getting arrested for murder with a lot of evidence against you could be RPd like getting life in prison (ie CK).  Getting in a bad wreck during a police chase.. CK.  

Maybe with a DoJ we could see things change up a bit!   

The issue surrounding jail times and whatnot is that there is no court system with juries, et cetera. Once you're arrested for an offence, you're automatically assumed guilty which is not necessarily the case.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Westen said:

The issue surrounding jail times and whatnot is that there is no court system with juries, et cetera. Once you're arrested for an offence, you're automatically assumed guilty which is not necessarily the case.

Yeah, that's why I saw it more as a player's discretion for their CK.  I didn't mean it should be automatic ?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, KV said:

Yeah, that's why I saw it more as a player's discretion for their CK.  I didn't mean it should be automatic ?

Should be automatic where someone whips out a gun just to avoid arrest and gets turned into cheese.

I actually think drastically longer prison timers would be good for violent offenses (and an actual prison to put them in), and maybe speed up the court process just a little bit so that if they are not guilty they can receive a speedy trial out.

On the subject of people dailying racecars, and overall amount of Sportscar/Average car ratios.

Way too many people use the starting 200k to buy something like a Comet SR or a similar ridiculous sportscar that doesn't fit their character at all. And it is fixable. And it's not even about grinding, I've met many characters that literally don't do any jobs, but since their money just stacks up, they decide to buy an expensive car eventually because, why not, there's this money on my account.

On another startup I've tried playing on briefly, when you've made a character, you got a token for a car and a token for a property. The way this worked is that you could use a token to purchase a car in price up to ~30k or use it as a coupon to get a discount on a more expensive car(Say the car is 45k, you use the coupon and pay 15k cash). This made most people drive reasonable cars when they start off, and not get Porsches as their first cars. Same goes for properties, you could afford the cheapest apartment available with the token. 

I think the 200k in cash for starting is not a good way to go, assuming players would use that money reasonably, which 80% of the players aren't. Houses are boring, fast cars are fun, that's why the server looks like a Fast and Furious movie.

14 minutes ago, Sookie said:

On the subject of people dailying racecars, and overall amount of Sportscar/Average car ratios.

Way too many people use the starting 200k to buy something like a Comet SR or a similar ridiculous sportscar that doesn't fit their character at all. And it is fixable. And it's not even about grinding, I've met many characters that literally don't do any jobs, but since their money just stacks up, they decide to buy an expensive car eventually because, why not, there's this money on my account.

On another startup I've tried playing on briefly, when you've made a character, you got a token for a car and a token for a property. The way this worked is that you could use a token to purchase a car in price up to ~30k or use it as a coupon to get a discount on a more expensive car(Say the car is 45k, you use the coupon and pay 15k cash). This made most people drive reasonable cars when they start off, and not get Porsches as their first cars. Same goes for properties, you could afford the cheapest apartment available with the token. 

I think the 200k in cash for starting is not a good way to go, assuming players would use that money reasonably, which 80% of the players aren't. Houses are boring, fast cars are fun, that's why the server looks like a Fast and Furious movie.

I have to agree with this. The free money doesn't motivate players to work for their money but rather wait for it to appear. I highly recommend implementing a token system where new characters can buy a decent house and a cheap car to use. Players won't be able to sell the property/vehicle back for money to prevent players from abusing the token system and selling the car right after. 

• Upvote 1