What do you like and don't about the server?

Gangstafary

Things I like:

Rules that are geared to roleplay and not cops and robbers nonsense.

The player base is friendly and helpful.

Admins are great!  Always quick to reply when I have an issue.

Things I'm not as fond of:

Inventory system not being gui, it's a major annoyance to me that I have to get used to.

Phone not being gui, but that's only a minor inconvenience to me.

To answer why it's not as popular, it's because it's text only.  Can't really see dialogue on a twitch stream and most viewers don't want to spend the effort to watch.  I've streamed a couple of times and even friends can't bear to watch.

I found this through a friend after getting fed up with another popular server that was cops and robbers, non rp hold ups. So we've moved here and are extremely happy so far.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Reckless311 said:

Things I like:

Rules that are geared to roleplay and not cops and robbers nonsense.

The player base is friendly and helpful.

Admins are great!  Always quick to reply when I have an issue.

Things I'm not as fond of:

Inventory system not being gui, it's a major annoyance to me that I have to get used to.

Phone not being gui, but that's only a minor inconvenience to me.

To answer why it's not as popular, it's because it's text only.  Can't really see dialogue on a twitch stream and most viewers don't want to spend the effort to watch.  I've streamed a couple of times and even friends can't bear to watch.

I found this through a friend after getting fed up with another popular server that was cops and robbers, non rp hold ups. So we've moved here and are extremely happy so far.

I was about to throw my inputs so far, but Reck pretty much summed them up really well...
I agree with and second every word this man has said.

Edited by Bistek

Another problem (I say problem but more of a pet peeve) 

There's way too many clubs and I get that it is lovely to have a buzzing night life but like it comes to a point where 50 clubs are open and most of them are dead and everyone is so spread out. The server should restrict clubs to around 5 in my opinion

• Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Like:

- Large community with a decent amount of good and even great RP to be found.

- Devs are receptive to implementing suggestions, and I feel that overall the server is moving in the right direction; that being heavier RP.

- Personal, but the fact that I've found a lot of awesome people in this community that I've had great RP experiences with alongside great OOC friendships.

- More things I can't think of right now but might edit in later. Overall, I love this server and its community - any gripes aside.

Dislike:

- Over-representation of criminal RP. I'm not able to, nor do I plan to, categorize every member of this community and their RP, but it's plain to see that an absolutely gargantuan chunk of the player-base engage almost wholly in criminal RP of some kind. This, in turn, can make civvie RP unrealistically difficult, as you are constantly dealing with criminal threats - usually daily.

- 'Car RP' in the sense that some characters focus wholly on obtaining vehicles, modding them out, and racing/showing them off without much character development behind it to explain how they'd have the money for  their slew of vehicles and mods.

- Escalation to violence can be pretty shoddy at times. A lot of the playerbase, due in large part to what I mentioned above about over-representation of criminal RP, tend to jump pretty hastily to reacting violently in a variety of situations where it most likely wouldn't happen. This is a personal gripe that's been echoed by quite a few community members I've spoken to. There's a grey area in the deathmatching rule, but I think as standards improve, which they are, this will sort itself to a better place than it is right now.

- Blatant 'troll' characters. I don't need to go too in-depth on this one. If you know you know.

I like the current factions and the amount of development the players are putting into them. I like the amount of uniqueness and variety in roleplay on this server.  Props to all the factions there giving us fun.

What I don't like are the following things:

- People that take things OOCly for what happens IC. Sometimes one needs to accept a loss

- Players being ignored with reports and such. It looks like certain reports are being cherry picked.

Edited by A_Acko

As a new player I kinda feel like I'm playing a background character in other people's story. Since there are no catch up mechanics, with every day, the rich/business owners get richer as they basically charge people for roleplaying with them ( admission fees into venues, where RP is concentrated ) and the new players can never hope to bridge the gap.

Also, the default jobs one can do are pretty poor money wise. You can make maybe 3000-4000$ an hour fishing, with an 18K ( skijet ) + 1.5K ( bag ) + gas investment. That's not a great deal.

The entry fee into places really hurts because on the one hand I currently get 700$ an hour, so the typical 300$ is quite a bit, and on the other if I don't go there there isn't much else to do since most people/social circles will be in those places.

Just about every RPG system/MMO has a catch-up mechanic that allows people who are behind to catch up. This server doesn't seem to have anything of the sort, and that's daunting for a newcomer.

Also Taxi jobs are a total sham. You pay 300$ an hour, and you'll get a few clients if lucky. At 8$/5 seconds you're losing money. 

Edited by pateuvasiliu

I like almost everything. But I miss PED and custom skins though. GTA:O characters seem like a huge leap backwards in regards to customization, they all look the same, same hight, weight, faces... yeah. I also miss how populated the map seemed in some servers. Nothing can be done to solve it really, unless you can fit thousands of people in the same server.

The current PED skins available get bugged frequently, you can't use a mask either, et cetera. It's also hard to find some/most factions unless you contact them OOCly to "schedule" a RP scene. At least that's my impression. I have been inactive for a while but the server is advancing and offering more and better options, like custom interiors, or the job system. It'd be cool to do something with properties that are lying unused like businesses and houses in certain areas.

3 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Just about every RPG system/MMO has a catch-up mechanic that allows people who are behind to catch up. This server doesn't seem to have anything of the sort, and that's daunting for a newcomer.

This is incorrect. A new player gets 5k/hr for their first 40hrs played (200k). I was able to buy a business etc within my first 50 hrs. 

10 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

As a new player I kinda feel like I'm playing a background character in other people's story. Since there are no catch up mechanics, with every day, the rich/business owners get richer as they basically charge people for roleplaying with them ( admission fees into venues, where RP is concentrated ) and the new players can never hope to bridge the gap.

Also, the default jobs one can do are pretty poor money wise. You can make maybe 3000-4000$ an hour fishing, with an 18K ( skijet ) + 1.5K ( bag ) + gas investment. That's not a great deal.

The entry fee into places really hurts because on the one hand I currently get 700$ an hour, so the typical 300$ is quite a bit, and on the other if I don't go there there isn't much else to do since most people/social circles will be in those places.

Also Taxi jobs are a total sham. You pay 300$ an hour, and you'll get a few clients if lucky. At 8$/5 seconds you're losing money. 

That's the difference between other servers and this one. 

1. We aren't a RPG nor a MMO server. We're a RP server with high standards which means we don't expect you to automatically get filthy rich or grind for your money, we expect you to find an IC way to earn it which is hard but possible. 
  2. There is no catchup mechanism and there will never be one. We give you 200k in starting paychecks in order for you to establish your character and make sure your 20-40 year old char has a place to live and a car at the very least. Beyond that everything you do with your money is on you. If you lose all of it that's on you and you need to RP things accordingly which makes the game fun. You are the catchup mechanism. If you're low on money find an IC way to make more money by interacting with players.