In-game lock pick advertisements

K.Dot

This is something that has confused me for a while. Whenever I see someone selling lockpicks and they don't get kicked for posting ads but someone does it an hour or so later and a kick does happen, I get extremely confused and think that not all the admins enforce all the rules equally.

Also, I agree with either making lockpicks 100% legal or illegal, but then if they are 100% illegal then should the metallurgist job be allowed to still make them?

Edited by ArminHammer831

307. Possession of Burglary Tools

Any person(s) having upon him or her in his or her possession a picklock, crow, keybit, crowbar, screwdriver, vise grip pliers, water-pump pliers, slim jim, tension bar, lock pick gun, tubular lock pick, bump key, floor-safe door puller, master key, ceramic or porcelain spark plug chips or pieces, or other instrument or tool with intent to breach a lock without possession of proper licensing.

"With intent."

If you're caught trespassing or trying to break into a property with them on you, then it should be considered possession of burglary tools. Otherwise, I don't see any reason for them to be illegal? Granted, you can't exactly get locked out of your house or your vehicle script-wise.

That does not quite explain why some admins kick for selling or buying lockpicks and others do not. @Unhallow 

They're kicked for "illegal ad", so that means that the only use for lockpicks is for illegal purposes (at least script wise), yet ICly people can own lockpicks and not get in trouble as long as they weren't caught breaking and entering.

Edited by ArminHammer831
Just now, ArminHammer831 said:

That does not quite explain why some admins kick for selling or buying lockpicks and others do not. @Unhallow

You're right. I too am confused about this, I stray from posting and responding to such advertisements. But, the way the penal code looks to be written, it mentions intent to utilize the tools. So, based on that, I assume they're legal unless you have malicious intent? Let's hope the staff team can clarify.

There is no license at the moment to own or use lockpicks. I've kicked you in the past for an illegal ad, but you continued. Being in possession of a lockpick alone is illegal. Until lockpick licenses are created and able to be distributed, they're illegal, and the ads will be as well. 

I don't agree with them, I am merely upholding the rules that I've been told to uphold. I gave you a verbal warning there and then, as I've marked/kicked you for the same issue in the past.

Edited by Björk

You’ve kicked me once and it was 2 days ago, with no explanation besides “illegal ad” so I just wanted clarification on why it was an illegal ad. From my experience when I started, in-game I saw multiple selling and buying lock pick ads so I was confused on why all of a sudden I was kicked for one. Hence, why this thread was created. Because there is obviously confusion regarding lock picks. All we needed was clarification on it. I think you guys need to rewrite the code then. As it only applies to having lock picks being illegal with intent. 

7 hours ago, Pinkerton said:

"Selling locksmith supplies" How hard is that? Even implies a legitimate use.

There is no legitimate use for locksmith supplies so an ad like that would probably still be illegal. Did you even read the thread? 

Edited by K.Dot