Minimum performance requirements.

benne

For the past 3 or 4 years, I’ve primarily roleplayed on SAMP, a 13-year-old game that even my lacking (to say the least) computer can run reasonably well. A friend recently suggested the idea of migrating over to FiveM, and at the time, I was planning to build my first computer, so it piqued my interest.

To sum it up, I know very little beyond basic function about the performance of certain computer parts and I was curious if the parts I have picked out would at least run the game.  Take a look.

Ryzen 5 2600

RTX 580

Micro ATX Motherboard Ryzen 2

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15

EVGA 500 BR, 80+ Bronze 500W

You could run the game, but even people with good PCs still experience stutters from time to time in the game so you'll definitely need MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner Statistics Server to cap your framerate at 30 if you want to have a good experience because GTAW isn't really optimized well enough unfortunately.

Oh and VSync is a necessity too, but I think you'll be fine if you use one of those apps. Better yet, use an SSD to run the game on. 

Very similar to my pc, I have the RX590 (I think you meant RX 580 not RTX) instead of the Ryzen 2600 I have the ryzen 2700. If you are running on a 1080p monitor you will run demanding games such at Metro Exodus on high settings. Beware though, the 500W is suggested as the minimum, I personally have a 650w one and its fine. Don't know if AMD is still giving free games with that graphic card.

Ps: If you new to building computers, make sure that the RAM you choose is compatible with your motherboard.

Edited by Paul Wayne
53 minutes ago, Serower said:

You could run the game, but even people with good PCs still experience stutters from time to time in the game so you'll definitely need MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner Statistics Server to cap your framerate at 30 if you want to have a good experience because GTAW isn't really optimized well enough unfortunately.

Oh and VSync is a necessity too, but I think you'll be fine if you use one of those apps. Better yet, use an SSD to run the game on. 

I plan to use a relatively small SSD to run my operating system on. Is 128GB enough to accommodate both?

Also, which of those would you suggest? I’ve heard of the MSI Afterburner vaguely.

Just now, benne said:

I plan to use a relatively small SSD to run my operating system on. Is 128GB enough to accommodate both?

Also, which of those would you suggest? I’ve heard of the MSI Afterburner vaguely.

I believe 128GB may be more than enough. I also recommend RivaTuner Statistics more because it's much easier to navigate around.

Just now, Serower said:

I believe 128GB may be more than enough. I also recommend RivaTuner Statistics more because it's much easier to navigate around.

Is it possible to run both? Or is it just one or the other?

Just now, benne said:

Is it possible to run both? Or is it just one or the other?

You can run both, in fact both applications are integrated in one installer anyway so if you download MSI Afterburner, you'll get a prompt to also install RivaTuner Statistics Server.