Creating a college at the huge complex at Pacific Bluffs (KORTZ)

Gelisaur

I think it would be super neat to utilize the huge complex at Pacific Bluffs. Something like a college environment would be fun and beneficial and provide tons of role play. People could get "degrees", attend classes, create sororities or fraternities or even throw college parties rather than always hitting up the next new club. It would give people a place to hang out and provide more jobs, as staff would be needed. It'd also be cool to implement a student loan program that people would have to pay back. It would add more realism and complexity to game life and the loans would also help pay the staff. There's tons of huge buildings here that would be perfect to set up as classrooms. Maybe even a cafeteria set up in the main building with restrooms as well would be awesome. If a hospital is ever set up, it would be neat for people to actually have things like "nursing degrees" or for lawyers to go to law school. Of course people can't spend years getting the degrees, so a school system would have to be made up that still makes sense some how. That part might not be the most realistic, but it would be a lot of fun to role play nonetheless. 

• Upvote 1

That seems cool and all but I don't know if we have the proper player base to establish an entire college system. As fun as it may seem, the low playerbase and the extremely boring lectures to sit through while in a game will probably not allow for an experience as fun as you might think.

If you're very passionate about roleplaying a college student though, you can always open up a frat/sorority house and just create a faction based around people that go to college and live together. That's about the closest you can get and it'll be fun, and your time spent offline could be roleplayed as actually "taking classes", this happened previously on other platforms and I think it is a great idea as I was part of a similar faction at one point. 

I'm sure lots of people would appreciate that idea more because an entire college is not easy to do.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Serower said:

That seems cool and all but I don't know if we have the proper player base to establish an entire college system. As fun as it may seem, the low playerbase and the extremely boring lectures to sit through while in a game will probably not allow for an experience as fun as you might think.

If you're very passionate about roleplaying a college student though, you can always open up a frat/sorority house and just create a faction based around people that go to college and live together. That's about the closest you can get and it'll be fun, and your time spent offline could be roleplayed as actually "taking classes", this happened previously on other platforms and I think it is a great idea as I was part of a similar faction at one point. 

I'm sure lots of people would appreciate that idea more because an entire college is not easy to do.

this, they did this also on LSRP which was a kind of a success, but again like Serower said, It ain't fun if the PB is low, you need atleast over 400 players to get college rp poppin.

What if we start small with a school complex that offers a kiosk, atm and one or two classrooms. 
Courses can be offered and for an amount of courses you get a little diploma as in a recommendation or something.
Just to not let the Idea die since I think people are interested but as stated above the Playerbase is not high enough.
It would benefit the people wanting to have that type of RP, make for some interesting Relationship and offer Job Opportunities.

Also courses that have already been done could be summarized or edited to a group of teachers so they'd either have a reference to work from or could repeat a course to make it easier / more accessible.

Edited by Jano

It seems like it'd need a lot of groundwork & many more players to get the courses & classes going.

What about as a first step, they set up dorms at the ULSA campus? So people who rp college kids can gravitate to that area from time to time.

Since the multi-interior properties were introduced it seems easy to do. Maybe they could be forced-rent properties like some of the old motel properties, so no one can own a dorm room, but they can stay there, hang around, throw parties, etc.

At the very least, creating the dorms as a first step would create a hotspot there & draw in some casual, party, & drug rp.

Edited by Havana
1 hour ago, Havana said:

It seems like it'd need a lot of groundwork & many more players to get the courses & classes going.

What about as a first step, they set up dorms at the ULSA campus? So people who rp college kids can gravitate to that area from time to time.

Since the multi-interior properties were introduced it seems easy to do. Maybe they could be forced-rent properties like some of the old motel properties, so no one can own a dorm room, but they can stay there, hang around, throw parties, etc.

At the very least, creating the dorms as a first step would create a hotspot there & draw in some casual, party, & drug rp.

This would be pretty sick ngl. But to prevent just anybody living there there should be a request for residency. Students have to apply to stay there. Stops total randoms from using it as a "Rockford hills apartment"

7 minutes ago, Conway said:

This would be pretty sick ngl. But to prevent just anybody living there there should be a request for residency. Students have to apply to stay there. Stops total randoms from using it as a "Rockford hills apartment"

That could be done too with the existing ucp leasing request system, I think!