remove dis

cracked

I don't like vanilla rap/raw vox so I can't really rate this one, though your mixed and mastered songs would def slap for people who like some classic vanilla rap.

I myself do soundcloud-esque music (Emo Trap), rather melodic with technical mixing.

• Upvote 1
On 4/29/2019 at 10:29 AM, ColossalBQ said:

Still bro, you can't be going SOLO to reach the ladders, maybe join different rapping teams? A studio group?

As an avid listener of soundcloud artists in general, I really can say that this should be the least of an artist's worries because there are plenty of soundcloud groups that come about and form online just by scouting members. Lots of artist like Peep met their previous group online and before meeting them they were making alright music too. 

As for OP though, I don't know how I feel about your music. I'm not really a huge fan of rap anymore but I appreciate that as a beginner you're learning the ropes and starting off oldschool, this would probably be better for you if you really wanna take this serious.  Good luck, you could grow further than this but for now I say hone your skills before anything and maybe release something a bit more modern to truly give us a good look at your artistry. 

• Upvote 1

I fw it personally. The first one was a bit eh, but for a first go no editting etc you did pretty good. Lyrics are good without being the same old shit from either side (aka typical shit or typical white rapper shit of HURRDURR IM A LYRICIST I GO HARDER THAN UR FAVORITE THERAPIST FUCK MUMBLE RAP rapper), beat choices are pretty good too which is an underrated talent (people like Locksmith are hurt by beat choice imo, his lyrics & messages usually outweigh his poor beat choice though). Not very mainstream-able kind of rap, but I could see it having place in underground scenes pretty easily. Flow is okay, lyrics are p decent too, I'd say you could probably gain a lot of skill from working on wordplay as well, setting up better lines that play off of one another etc within your lyrics and shit. Studying a lot of high level battlerappers and really old school east coast rappers might help you a lot if you don't already do it.

That's my two cents. I dig it though, definitely potential, just gotta keep it up.

• Thanks 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic