Ability to share vehicles (no I do not mean /vdup)

Centauri

Short description: Add the ability to share vehicles on a more "permanent" basis as duplicating keys don't save and not everyone has a business and business garage. 

Detailed description: Add the possibility to actually share vehicles instead of duplicating keys the entire time. With actually sharing vehicles I mean having the vehicles show up in your /vget and being able to spawn them, unlock them and start the engine (possibly even mod it). There's a lot of people that share their cars, that live together in the same house or have other reasons to share their vehicles, shared garage? 

Commands to add: /vshare? /vcancelshare?

Items to add: Nothing

How would your suggestion improve the server? Would be nice to have such a feature, I wouldn't say it is necessary or should be a high priority but it definitely improves realism.

Additional information: I believe such a thing can easily be done by making a copy of the tenant system, shouldn't even take that long probably. 

• Upvote 5

If it's possible to implement, supporting, however there'd certainly be some IC complications. If or when the police pulls you over, they'll realize right away that you're not the owner of the car. In that case, if the owner isn't IG, it's very likely for your character to be falsely arrested.

If there is a possibility of alleviating this, I'm all for it. 

1 minute ago, Gryffin said:

If it's possible to implement, supporting, however there'd certainly be some IC complications. If or when the police pulls you over, they'll realize right away that you're not the owner of the car. In that case, if the owner isn't IG, it's very likely for your character to be falsely arrested.

If there is a possibility of alleviating this, I'm all for it. 

Can all very well be added to the mdc If needed. 

Agreed, or the owner has to report to the Officer to tell him/her that the person who co-owns the car is allowed to use it.

Nice idea though, would love to see this on the server.

Edited by Sam Wolfe

Totally for this.

The issue with being pulled over seems more like a PD mentality problem & doesn't seem like it'd need an MDC fix. If the car hasn't been reported stolen, doesn't look like it's been broken into, and you clearly have the keys and can turn it on & off, why would they try to arrest you? People borrow family & friends' cars all the time, realistically. They don't have to update any paperwork or notify the police in order to do so.

Edited by Havana
4 minutes ago, Havana said:

Totally for this.

The issue with being pulled over seems more like a PD mentality problem & doesn't seem like it'd need an MDC fix. If the car hasn't been reported stolen, doesn't look like it's been broken into, and you clearly have the keys and can turn it on & off, why would they try to arrest you? People borrow family & friends' cars all the time, realistically. They don't have to update any paperwork or notify the police in order to do so.

Yea agreed. Can be solved in other matters as well.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Havana said:

Totally for this.

Precisely. As long as you have the documents on you, you're free to use the vehicle, however the one or two times I've gotten pulled over while driving someone else's vehicle, it appears you always are looked at as a thief until they call the owner and get confirmation. 

Suppose it's just a matter of letting everyone know that not every car that is driven by someone other than the owner, is stolen.

I'm supporting. It's very realistic, in real life, people and most families share vehicles most of the time, so I don't see why it can't happen here. 

On top of that, I agree with your suggestion to add another owner to the MDC, this would save up a lot of time to the drivers, we don't want to see tons of people being pulled over because of a suspicion that they stole the vehicle.