Photography RP

Sal

12_gtavpc_03272015.jpg

GTA V is such a pretty game so it's not surprising to see a few people roleplaying professional/casual photographers.

Do you RP a photographer in any capacity? If you do then what do you like most about it, what do you find challenging, what would make it better etc?

If you don't then why not - is it just because it doesn't interest you or do you think that it's just not viable currently? Tell me more pls (it's all for a good reason I promise!) ?

• Upvote 3

Photography was a natural development for my current character, who was always very paranoid, curious, and always looking around for danger. So all of my early IC camera use was to take advantage of the zoom feature and take photographs of suspicious people/vehicles.

Later on I started getting more expressive/creative:

It has been very useful ICly and OOCly to get me to see Los Santos in a new way. I can spend hours in just one neighbourhood, enjoying the way the light changes, the way the fog alters the landscape, the way new angles create new perspectives. I think /camera is a great addition to the server.

But my previous character was very impulsive and probably would not think to use a camera. For me it is all about how my current character literally views the world.

• Upvote 2

I used to RP a photographer at parties, clubs, etc just events

In the beginning it was pretty fun but after awhile it got pretty tiring, because I spent most of my time editing the pictures one by one and there were easily over 200 of them a day and knowing that our beautiful city has a party every night you know the story

The most challenging part imo was to get good angles, I literally had to climb furnitures, lay down on the ground, etc

But back then most club interiors had Bahamas Mamas it become pretty much routine and boring after awhile

I used to run around rp'ing with the camera quite a bit as my character's hobby, climbing all kinds of buildings to play around with the shots. Sometimes even using the sitting animations that make you float a little bit off the ground so it looks like you held the camera up. Telling the other person to move just slightly, or angle around to fix the lighting on their face.. I'd set the resolution to 4k in game and make my computer cry as I obsessively hit F12 or spam-clicked the camera to try to find the PERFECT moment that the other character actually looked at me.

& A few times my character looked like a crazy person, sprinting off to find a building with a ladder or staircase to climb, because the city looked pretty/weird due to some odd weather change (click & click

Due to some of the limitations, I've been using Menyoo+Rockstar editor a lot more lately, though. If RageMP ever enables Rockstar editor again, it'll be a million times easier again.

• Upvote 1

one of my roleplaying hooks is being a "freelance photographer" and it's fun, i haven't come across much glaring challenges at all - other than occasionally my pictures sometimes look garbage because i don't have that powerful of a rig to experience GTA in it's full beauty.

I'm Russell Tobias in game, who runs RT Photography. I initially bought the camera just for fun, until I really started getting serious with it. It has allowed for some pretty nice RP, as my character was just taking pictures of his friends on the side, until another photographer @Charlotte Mayfair taught him how to level up his photography. Now it is my primary business in game, and people pay good money that I don't even have to work another job. 

What's difficult is the animations being so clunky, really. The camera doesn't move too, so you have to lay down on the floor for different angles and such. This makes most of my RP in photo shoots in /b telling people what to do lol. What's hard is the lack of appreciation for the photos, in the beginning I had to shoot for free just to build my portfolio, and then I only charged 800, which was literally NOTHING. But using FB it really brought a lot of attention, and I increased my prices. It allowed for me to meet a lot of people in the server, and it's gotten to the point where people recognize me from FB in game. It's a really niche part of the server, and I'm glad to fulfill it. 

Sneaky Peaky: 

gta-world-camera-2019-4-25-10-46-24.png

Edited by mangoesin
  • Upvote 1
On 4/24/2019 at 3:18 PM, Allegra said:

12_gtavpc_03272015.jpg

GTA V is such a pretty game so it's not surprising to see a few people roleplaying professional/casual photographers.

Do you RP a photographer in any capacity? If you do then what do you like most about it, what do you find challenging, what would make it better etc?

If you don't then why not - is it just because it doesn't interest you or do you think that it's just not viable currently? Tell me more pls (it's all for a good reason I promise!) ?

DUDEEEEE YES

I have personally never tried it but it definitely looks interesting. I guess it doesn't really have much roleplay interaction with others unless you're photographing models but that's not the case most of the times, hence why I didn't really roleplaying it. But I encourage diversion, and photography roleplay isn't something you see every day.