Change the way vehicle Alarms and break in work

Vash Baldeus

Short description:

Currently it's rather easy to get into a car, even if has an alarm. If you succeed in breaking / hotwire alarm won't trigger, which is unrealistic.

Detailed description:

Currently if you manage to break a car lock, and hot-wire it successfully, the car if it has an alarm won't trigger at all!, making so that the owner does not even know it was nicked. Not to mention that the system is way way too easy to break in, and hot-wire, in real life a car that has an alarm (there are numerous types, even silent ones that trigger and notify a company like On Star or Pointer) if it is being attempted to be tempered with it triggers easily and is a loud one at that. My suggestion is make that just an attempt triggers the alarm loudly in the area, if the person manages to bypass the lock he has extra few seconds to bypass the alarm before he can hot-wire so the alarm won't notify the police / owner. Not to mention increasing the difficulty of doing so, since stealing a car is a high risk high reward thing, and as currently it stands the cars are being stolen and parked in random spots and what not.

With the current state of alarms for cars, it's pointless to have it, since the low level break in makes people who are experienced break in super quick and be gone in same speed. Not to mention that today, I've had my alarm trigger, said Paleto, yet when I went to check on the car, it was not there and /vget showed it was in the middle of the CITY, with in 2 minutes .. Paleto to LS takes over 5 minutes drive (Sultan).

All I want to see come out from this suggestion is make it harder and riskier to steal a car with high reward for people who manage to do so. Since there are people who do that just to troll and steal one persons cars and stash each one at a different spot just to mess with the person. If this server strives to be realistic, the alarms should be as well, meaning they trigger and make noise, what it actually was meant to do, and not be a rather pointless when the break-in & hot-wire are so easy to do.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Make it more realistic and add more risk with high reward if succeeds.

Additional information: None

• Upvote 3