[GUIDE] Proper Screenshot Editing

Honestly seeing how many people either use LSRP+ or just simply crop a screenshot with no editing is beginning to hurt my eyes.

Step 1 - Press f7 to turn off your HUD, then f12 to take your background screenshot.

Spoiler

DAzBjiU.jpg

Step 2 - Afterwards press f7 again to get the text back and type /blindfold and once again screenshot using f12 to get the text of the RP you want in the screenshot.

Spoiler

FUddF3B.jpg

Step 3 - Open both images in Photoshop, make sure you double click the background images layer to make it a proper layer.

Spoiler

x4ihGfO.png

Step 4 - Change the background images canvas size to 800x600px(my preference) and move the images position to however you wish.

Spoiler

pZCQBCM.png

Step 5 - Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool to choose what text from the /blindfold image that you want on the screenshot, then press ctrl+c afterwards go back to the background image and pres ctrl+v.

Spoiler

24sOINV.png - Rectangular Marquee Tool

BACLTJu.png

Step 6 - Use the Magic Eraser Tool to remove the black background. Make sure you already erased and extra irrelevant test like advertisement, /b's, basically anything OOC or not relevant to the main RP you're trying to show.

Spoiler

n5q26n8.png - Magic Eraser Tool

RMVfvaM.png - Best Magic Eraser Tool settings I've found that seem to work for GTA 5.

zjR5cVY.png

Step 7 - Right click the text layer and go to Blending Options. Add a stroke of 1 to the text. Anything other then 1 looks trashy, never think otherwise.

Spoiler

HDfTqG7.png

d304c1f246371145316fa04bc59551f2.png

Step 8 - Position the text in the top left or bottom right, then hold shift and tap the up/down arrow key once and then hit the right arrow key.

Spoiler

5UoukWS.png

58a3d56aa1e528e762fb667600b1bca4.png

Bonus - If you wish to get a grimier look for the screenshot save it as a JPG quality 4-5. If not and you want the entire image to just be high quality save it as a PNG.

Spoiler

7SuhyMX.png - PNG

8lb77uV.jpg - JPG Quality 5

Now that I took my time to do this guide, bless my eyes with proper Photoshop screenshots. I don't wanna hear the excuse "I don't have photoshop and I'm not paying for it" because it's 2019 and you can get anything online for free.

Edited by WirelessMind
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Conway said:

Alternatively you can just use the parser so taking the screenshot isn't a mission in itself

4 hours ago, WirelessMind said:

Honestly seeing how many people either use LSRP+ or just simply crop a screenshot with no editing is beginning to hurt my eyes.

54 minutes ago, Hotpocket said:

Not worth the effort in my opinion.

True, what’s the point of all of it if a screenshot is to show off RP. What if I didn’t get any screenshots but took gyazo snaps of my recordings? What’s wrong with that?

However this guide is still great and informative.

Edited by aldo
  • 2 weeks later...