[Facebrowser] Some much needed fixes.

Lance

I'm either dumb or some of those things I'm about to list actually don't exist, either way here's what FB needs.

1.  Boosted posts - I get it, people want to get likes on their selfie or advertise their club opening, whatever, that one little post does not hurt me, whatever it might be about. But the problem is the time of the post being boosted. What I do for my club - I boost a post like a week before the opening and unboost it after the party.

What most of the people do - They post their post and completely forget about it, people see ''We're opening today at 5 PM!'' type posts like 20 days later. That's not cool. Same goes for any other boosted post, nobody cares about 1 month old posts that randomly pop up outta nowhere. ESPECIALLY events.

How to fix it?

A. When you boost your post, set the date when you want it to stop being boosted.

or

B. Automatically remove a post from the boosted list after 5-10 days, the bad thing is, if people have a big event they prepare months for and want others to know it's a thing, they have to boost it again and again.

2. Owned pages - That's the one I'm not sure about, but I personally can't see the rating of my page and I also can't see people who liked it.

Edit: I found out that if you add /rating to the link of your page, you can see everything. It kinda fixes my problem but I still don't see a reason why other pages and my pages have a different system, page owners should see their rating above the number of likes as well.

How to fix it?

Notify page owner when someone leaves a rating on their page and make it possible to see the rating as well. Same goes for the people who liked the page(pretty much the same as if you looked at your friend list)

Here's an example of each problem as well:

My page, the one that I created.                                                                      

pjn4Ez6.png

Another page I looked at.

8fdLkUy.png

What I see on my profile. (Option to see Likes/Friends)

AuUFNKI.png

What I see on my page. (No options at all)

6oei64M.png

3. Additional suggestions - Give people the ability to edit their ratings in case the place they're rating changed or they accidentally gave a wrong amount of stars.

When posting hashtags from your page, they don't seem to make it to Trending!

The thing that lets you automatically add people into a group should be removed. It makes no sense that people can put you in them w/o your consent.

Edited by Lance
Additional Suggestions
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Momo's Revenge said:

The thing that lets you automatically add people into a group should be removed. It makes no sense that people can put you in them w/o your consent.

Yeah, I agree with that. I also agree with the fact that there needs to be some kind of system to the boosted posts, I think setting a time to each boost will solve the problem, or maybe let the user choose the amount of time he wants for the post to be boosted.

1 hour ago, SupSupreme said:

Yeah, I agree with that. I also agree with the fact that there needs to be some kind of system to the boosted posts, I think setting a time to each boost will solve the problem, or maybe let the user choose the amount of time he wants for the post to be boosted.

Yes! Another important thing. 

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

Weirdly enough Facebrowser has just lately deleted a bunch of pictures again (Without warning) and has unfriended a lot of users, worst cases are about range from 50 people to 200+ in the very worst cases. 

Yeah people talk about it on FB, not sure why it happened. 

5 hours ago, Lance said:

I'm either dumb or some of those things I'm about to list actually don't exist, either way here's what FB needs.

1.  Boosted posts - I get it, people want to get likes on their selfie or advertise their club opening, whatever, that one little post does not hurt me, whatever it might be about. But the problem is the time of the post being boosted. What I do for my club - I boost a post like a week before the opening and unboost it after the party.

What most of the people do - They post their post and completely forget about it, people see ''We're opening today at 5 PM!'' type posts like 20 days later. That's not cool. Same goes for any other boosted post, nobody cares about 1 month old posts that randomly pop up outta nowhere. ESPECIALLY events.

How to fix it?

A. When you boost your post, set the date when you want it to stop being boosted.

or

B. Automatically remove a post from the boosted list after 5-10 days, the bad thing is, if people have a big event they prepare months for and want others to know it's a thing, they have to boost it again and again.

2. Owned pages - That's the one I'm not sure about, but I personally can't see the rating of my page and I also can't see people who liked it.

Edit: I found out that if you add /rating to the link of your page, you can see everything. It kinda fixes my problem but I still don't see a reason why other pages and my pages have a different system, page owners should see their rating above the number of likes as well.

How to fix it?

Notify page owner when someone leaves a rating on their page and make it possible to see the rating as well. Same goes for the people who liked the page(pretty much the same as if you looked at your friend list)

Here's an example of each problem as well:

My page, the one that I created.                                                                      

pjn4Ez6.png

Another page I looked at.

8fdLkUy.png

What I see on my profile. (Option to see Likes/Friends)

AuUFNKI.png

What I see on my page. (No options at all)

6oei64M.png

3. Additional suggestions - Give people the ability to edit their ratings in case the place they're rating changed or they accidentally gave a wrong amount of stars.

When posting hashtags from your page, they don't seem to make it to Trending!

100% AGREE WITH THIS.

2 hours ago, Momo's Revenge said:

i AGREE. Though, it wouldn't be realistic since Facebook does it too anyway. Lol

• mj2002 locked this topic