Hi, this is just small guide I think I will make to help people who are completely new to role play and would like to learn complete basics  of the most commonly used commands in RP server like GTA:W. I think there might be a guide similar like mine, but I thought maybe I will refine and go in more depth for each command for better understanding. Sorry if not so good, I will edit later on I make this in a rush.

1. /me

This command is an action command. It is the most commonly used command in role play. /me is used to describe your characters actions. It can be anywhere from getting up to get a glass of water, to picking up the phone.

E.G: /me stands up, dusting off his shirt.

Result: John Doe stands up, dusting off his shirt.

E.G 2: /me reaches his dominant hand out, offering Bob a handshake.

Result: John Doe reaches his dominant hand out, offering Bob a handshake.

1.1. In the examples shown above.. when you use /me it will be used for your characters name. This mean, when using this command you do not need to use /me and follow with your character name, otherwise it will come out as something like this:

Incorrect E.G: /me John Doe stands up, dusting off his shirt.

Incorrect result: John Doe John Doe stands up, dusting off his shirt.

Important: You do not have to type your character name out after writing /me.

1.2. When use /me, try not to capitalize letters following it. Your sentence will look much more clean and nicer if you do this.

Incorrect usage: /me Capitalizes the first letter of starting sentence after /me. This does not look good.

Incorrect result: John Doe Capitalizes the first letter of starting sentence after /me. This does not look good.

Instead, do this:

Correct usage: /me does not capitalize the first word, after /me. This looks much cleaner.

Correct result: John Doe does not capitalize the first word, when using /me. This looks much cleaner.

If you are using multiple sentences in one /me [action] then you would place a period '.' to end sentence and capitalize as normally would following new sentence.

E.G: /me gives an example of above. This is how to properly write more than one sentence with correct capitalization.

• [1.]: /me command is used to perform actions. It can be used to describe what your character will do.
  • [Refer 1.1.]: /me substitutes for you character in game name, you do not need to write it after writing /me.
  • [Refer 1.2.]: You should not capitalize the first letter to start you action . If it will contain more than two sentences, then capitalize as normal after.

2. /ame

Now we will talk about /ame. This command is very simple, very basic. In fact.. /me and /ame are the same commands, with minor nuances. Beyond their immediate denotation, they are performed slightly different. Below I will show difference examples:

1. The command /me permanently appears in the chat box.
  2. Whereas /ame appears over a characters head, and for a short duration; it disappears afterwards.

You can use this command for very short actions or emotes. /me is predominately used for long actions whereas /ame is used for very small actions. /ame can also be use for when you want to perform an action from far away to a player who may be across street from you for example. This is because the command appears above a character so it can be better visible from farther distance.

E.G: /me stomps his shoes on the steps before entering inside the property. He lifts his opposite foot, using it to scrape against the side of his right heel to assist removing his shoe; repeating this.

E.G result: John Doe stomps his shoes on the steps before entering inside the property. He lifts his opposite foot, using it to scrape against the side of his right heel to assist removing his shoe; repeating this

E.G: /ame takes a drink.

• /me is used for long or detailed actions.
  • /ame is used for small actions, or used when far away from another player where the radius or /me would not be seen. 
  • This command shows above a characters head, whereas /me does not.

3. /do

This command can be used in conjunction with /me. It can be used to further detail an action your character performed, or can be used to ask question.

E.G 1: /me walks up to property door, trying the door.

/do Is the door unlocked?

E.G 2: /me searches around for a clean cup to use.

/do Are there any clean cups in the sink to use?

E.G 3: /me pays the bartender, taking the Bloody Mary.

[result]: John Doe pays the bartender, taking the Bloody Mary.

/do The amount paid would not cover the costs.

[result](John Doe): The amount paid would not cover the costs.

• This command can be used hand in hand with /me. 
  • It is used to further detail actions emotes, or to ask questions during role play. 

4.1. /s, /low, /b. 

4.1.1. /s 

This command very straight forward. IT is a /s(hout) command. You use this command when you want to make it clear your character is raising their voice, or shouting.

Correct usage: /s I hate being broke!

Result: John Doe shouts: I hate being broke! 

4.1.2. /low

This is another very straight forward command.. it is a command used when you want to lower your character voice and speak lower. As a result of this, the radius of which your text is seen is greatly reduced compared to typing without using /low. It can be used when you don't want other people around to hear what you say.

Usage: /low Hey, you see that person over there?

Result: John Doe [low]: Hey, you see that person over there?

• /low is used to 'speak' lower.
  • You can use /low to lower the radius in which your text is seen by players nearby.
  • It is a role play command, that mean it should be used for anything in character and not out of character.

4.1.3. : /b

This command very simple. You use it to type (o)ut (o)f (c)haracter (ooc). This command is used for anything as said.. out of character or otherwise mostly unrelated to the game. If you want to use smiley faces, poor capitalization and punctuation, abbreviations then you use this command. This command also will be used for RP scenes that require a pause and require admin intervention for explanation. In Character and Out of Character should not be mixed.

Correct usage: /b gta wolrd rocks lol ((: ))

Result: (( John Doe: gta wolrd rocks lol ((: ))

• OOC stands for Out of Character.
  • It is for mostly anything unrelated IC or game itself. It can be used for any situation that need to be resolved which require admin intervention and RP paused.
  • You should not mix ooc with ic and vice versa. 

Click here for complete list of basic server commands.

• Upvote 1