Forbid Voice Chat for the LSPD

Smilesville

1 hour ago, Westen said:

How are they communicating? In car radios wired up to their dash with a button they can press to transmit like cops? Doubt it.

By speaking to eachother, you can’t run/drive and type if you are being chased

1 minute ago, aldo said:

By speaking to eachother

What you're failing to understand is that the Teamspeak LSPD uses is strictly for IC ONLY.

You literally get bitched out if you talk bs that's not pertaining to LSPD guidelines.

The TS is used as a /RADIOCOM/ not just to "speak to each other". You might as well suggest for GTAW to be a VRP server at this point.

1 hour ago, Lloydski said:

Oh boy if you're wanting to make things fairer for all then how about:

• Longer/realistic punishment times for repeat offenders.
  • Enforcing believable wealth and assets on the rest of the server. Specifically cars.
  • Stopping people PKing when they attack cops and die.

Maybe there should be a damage system that indicates where a player is injured. So if for example a player is shot in the head multiple times, they would likely be dead or at the very least in extreme critical condition.. but if they are shot in less critical areas such as their arm or leg then there's a good chance they will survive. This would make it so players don't just use a get out of jail free card when by getting in to a shoot out with police once they're caught and would solve the PK issue you mention.

It would be interesting to see a hardcore server enforce where if you die, you are forced into a CK and loosing all of your assets. I am not sure how too well it would work but could be handled by an admin and I think it would effectively make people a lot more cautious to commit crimes, just like in real life. I will probably do this for my characters, as I believe it adds a bit of realism and value to every character. It would be sad to meet a character you enjoy hanging out with on a day to day basis end up dying. 

If people talk about immersion, getting shot or injured and surviving every single time isn't really immersive. I think it could promote a lot of role play such as funerals, news stations reporting shootings and grieving. 

Just now, 1357 said:

Maybe there should be a damage system that indicates where a player is injured. So if for example a player is shot in the head multiple times, they would likely be dead or at the very least in extreme critical condition.. but if they are shot in less critical areas such as their arm or leg then there's a good chance they will survive. This would make it so players don't just use a get out of jail free card when by getting in to a shoot out with police once they're caught and would solve the PK issue you mention.

There is.

/damages.

So is it used as a tool to determine whether or not a player would possibly survive their injuries or death? I just think there should be a genuine fear of death without only expecting players to role play. Depending on the crime committed, a player would rather take a few hours sentence instead of a CK so police shoot outs should be far less common. 

I either support for it to be removed completely, or allowed for all parties.

In every text-based RP server there's some bias as to how much privileges police factions hold over non-police factions. Instantly I'm seeing LSPD fanatics reply plainly saying "no, we need our voice communication." NO, you really don't.

You're mainly partnered up, you're not one-man-army rambo officers so why can't the passenger type up the pursuit details?

That wasn't even the first thing to cross my mind. How unbelievably easy is it to create a tracking beacon for your vehicle that pings in the vicinity of other officers? Having developed such things on SAMP, I can confidently say it's not impossible at all. It's probably the easiest thing to develop. It can also be trialled for different scenarios, etc:

1. While ever an officer is in immediate range of the suspect, the suspect's car will show up on the map. (can be RPed as it's location being tracked).
  2. The leading pursuit officer can set their vehicle beacon to show up for other police officers.

Finally... use the damn chopper and have the co-pilot call out the location. It's about time we swayed away from this "police can use Teamspeak but no one else is allowed to" mentality, we've been stuck with it since before SAMP.

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, 1357 said:

So is it used as a tool to determine whether or not a player would possibly survive their injuries or death? I just think there should be a genuine fear of death without only expecting players to role play. Depending on the crime committed, a player would rather take a few hours sentence instead of a CK so police shoot outs should be far less common. 

The issue with that is, sadly there are many people who shoot at the cops just so they get killed and get out of the prison sentence. The other issue that happens from time to time is someone who has been shot in the head eight times RPing that they've been shot in the arm, theres just so much that doesn't have a specific rule attached to it. As for CKing characters, thats a whole other ball game, noone wants their character to die in a stupid situation and the arguements that would stem from that one would go on for quite some time.

All in all I do not support this suggestion, the LSPD IC teamspeak is heavily monitored by not only the PD supervisors but also by Admins and FM, if there is a problem the admin team deals with it accordingly and very quickly. LSPD faction members are accountable for all of their actions and are held to high standards.

I think another point people are forgetting is how volatile pursuits are. Even with 100WPM, pursuits change direction, landmarks et cetera far, far too quickly for someone to be able to type. By the type you type out /r 2-LINCOLN-1 westbound on Glory Way, they're eastbound on Bridge Street.

2 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I either support for it to be removed completely, or allowed for all parties.

In every text-based RP server there's some bias as to how much privileges police factions hold over non-police factions. Instantly I'm seeing LSPD fanatics reply plainly saying "no, we need our voice communication." NO, you really don't.

You're mainly partnered up, you're not one-man-army rambo officers so why can't the passenger type up the pursuit details?

That wasn't even the first thing to cross my mind. How unbelievably easy is it to create a tracking beacon for your vehicle that pings in the vicinity of other officers? Having developed such things on SAMP, I can confidently say it's not impossible at all. It's probably the easiest thing to develop. It can also be trialled for different scenarios, etc:

1. While ever an officer is in immediate range of the suspect, the suspect's car will show up on the map. (can be RPed as it's location being tracked).
  2. The leading pursuit officer can set their vehicle beacon to show up for other police officers.

Finally... use the damn chopper and have the co-pilot call out the location. It's about time we swayed away from this "police can use Teamspeak but no one else is allowed to" mentality, we've been stuck with it since before SAMP.

I cant say I agree with this at all, the amount of typing that would need to be done to update a live pursuit inside city limits would be absurd, no LSPD member is being paid for this and the effort required to type like that would be absurd. As for the tracking beacon idea, I don't agree, it feels like powergaming, as it stands the LSPD needs to see you to be able to follow you, there should be no blinking light on the map that tells them where you are, this takes any element of actual brain work out of pursuits as it becomes a simple follow the blinking light, on top of that how is this vehicle flagged as suspect? The license plate? The officer would need to be able to see it, as for the officers vehicle being set as a beacon, by the time the officer had activated the command the vehicle being chased would be gone.

Now onto that helicopter, which is nearly always out and about doing just this, if the copilot was to type all of this out and no sane person should be expected to do this the suspect vehicles course would have changed by the time the first direction had been given, after three streets instructions would be muddled and entirely wrong, I don't understand why you expect LSPD members to throw away any element of fun they have in their roleplay as an LSPD member, the very IC teamspeak is used only in the pursuit part, once that has ended everything is back to in game. I welcome you to chase a friend around the city and attempt to type out the names of the street they are on and the direction of travel they are taking along with many other elements.

Let's remove Teamspeak, but let's also have some other things just so we're fair:

If you shoot at cops and die, you CK (yes, every time).

Realistic prison times, maybe in days? (and ofc it pauses when you log out or change char)

Remove all the fancy/300MPH cars, no one's dumb enough to use his high-end sports car to evade police.

If you crash during a pursuit you can lose health and possibly die (and you'll have to CK, as you died during a police chase).

Every crash fucks up your car, that means after smashing a light pole you won't be able to continue the pursuit.

And I can continue this list all day, if you said no to one of those things then you can't ask to remove TS, it is necessary.

Also, this debate started in LSRP back in 2008 if I recall? The final answer there was pretty much: lol no

• Rukka locked this topic