Forbid Voice Chat for the LSPD

Smilesville

I've thought about this, and it indeed can be unfair to others. The fact is that the PD needs it and won't be able to operate accordingly without. 

What I thought would be pretty cool and I am no tech person so I have no idea of it is even possible: to have the radios in game be able to use actual voice rp? Have the range limited to about a few meters away for people around them to here what's going on and when in car only for those in the car. But sometimes people wear ear pieces so the radio itself doesn't need to be heard really. 

This way anyone with a radio would have the same privileges as the LSPD and the LSPD can still communicate accordingly, it's a lucrative idea but ay ts for pd will never be removed no matter how much one says it needs to be done so.

Edited by goddessoflife

Oh boy if you're wanting to make things fairer for all then how about:

• Longer/realistic punishment times for repeat offenders.
  • Enforcing believable wealth and assets on the rest of the server. Specifically cars.
  • Stopping people PKing when they attack cops and die.

Just a few to whet the appetite. You make it sound like the PD get given some sort of pass that lets them ignore the rules, where the truth is that they are actually a lot more scrutinised - probably moreso than any other faction in the server. The possible repercussions an officer could face for disciplinary action are more than someone who has committed first degree murder. Let that sink in.

PD faction members will always be held accountable for their actions, which could have lasting effects on their character and even experience in the server; for everyone else, it's just log-off for the day and come back tomorrow after the jail sentence is done. It's that level of accountability, commitment and general quality that the department enforces that means they can be trusted with such a privilege. Yes, it's a privilege, but one that is vital to the continued operations of the department and also one that is highly appreciated by all those that use it.

• Applaud 5

I look at it this way, the voice comm perk is realistically the coordination and gear that a governmental faction would have over gangbangers and petty criminals.

Anyone in a more organized criminal faction, would plan ahead as to not even need to type, or have a simple keyword.

Let's have an example.  Let's say a group of 5 people are planning to hold up a jewelry store like in the SP game.  They're all highly skilled criminals, part of an veey organized group.

They would have shift schedules, police response times, traffic activity, exit strategies, multiple alternative exit strategies in case of interference. And all that would need to be said is a single codeword to switch between objectives.

If you take a hesit or a criminal activity seriously, you don't even need voice comms.  

That's just my opinion though.

12 minutes ago, Westen said:

How are they communicating? In car radios wired up to their dash with a button they can press to transmit like cops? Doubt it.

They're using the Conflict phone app.  A VoIP system used by videogame enthusiasts . 

/s

It would be impossible for PD to handle crime without coordination by voice in pursuits, it’s just not feasible. As for allowing criminals to use it too, well are you suggesting that everyone would have to be regulated by supervisors and admins in TeamSpeak to ensure it isn’t abused like how it is for PD? No that would just be ridiculous. Not only that but all it’s going to lead to is lots of pursuits where PD end up getting shot at in ambushes constantly so people can get away which is also just completely unrealistic. It’s fine how it is. 

As for this post, I don't agree with it. NGL, I thought the same until I decided to join the academy and believe me when I tell you that keeping track of this server's criminals isn't all fun and games. It's easy to say "Oh yeah, they have mics, they can do whatever they want, why can't WE have mics?!  hurr durr " when you're playing as a criminal, the one who's trying to get away, the one who's most likely trigger happy and will shoot someone for "having beef for 2 weeks" (Not you specifically @Smilesville). Realistically, what criminals run around with radios all day? This isn't Eclipse RP. Cops have radios IRL and always having the upper hand in communication. Can you even imagine what it would be like trying to type your location to central as you watch a criminal drive off a cliff and survive a 100-foot leap?!

1rh50w.jpg

1 hour ago, Lloydski said:

Oh boy if you're wanting to make things fairer for all then how about:

• Longer/realistic punishment times for repeat offenders.
  • Enforcing believable wealth and assets on the rest of the server. Specifically cars.
  • Stopping people PKing when they attack cops and die.

THIS - THIS THIS THIS - THIS

And logging off should freeze the jail timer.

Edited by iAMTemple
  • Rukka locked this topic