Hunting System

DarkAce

Do you think hunting should be brought back?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey!

I strongly believe that the hunting system was one of the best scripted feautures added to the server. I, along with my friends, honestly had so much fun with it. It was a nice way of making money while roleplaying and also of spending your time. I remember a year ago me and @Adero used to go hunting together. I had a Kamacho, he a Riata, and along with a few friends we used to hunt for hours. We had fully kitted vehicles, winches, everything. We had outfits, guns, permits, vests, radios.

I believe that this feauture would bring people together and provide a new roleplay area, the Paleto Bay forest. It would provide so many unique opportunities for people to come together and have fun while roleplaying.

-EDIT- We could also take it one step further with player-owned hunting grounds, species protected by law, species protected for a few days a week while they mate, or even player-owned tours of the wild area where tourists could see wild animals.

It was honestly the most fun I've had and I strongly hope you guys can bring it back.

Edited by DarkAce
  • Upvote 1

I really like this idea, it provided a lot of roleplay opportunities, legal or illegal, and it also allowed a more interesting activity that your character can do in their free time, rather than doing to bars and clubs or doing other city-like activities.

I agree 100%, however I'd suggest some changes before its brought back, somewhat in line with what you suggested. This would make it more realistic, introduce challenges, and allow for poaching.

First, instead of just going out and hunting willy nilly, you go to a scripted place where you're given a set amount of tags for specific animals, those being the only kind you can hunt in that given 24/hr (or weekly) period. With all the animals you bag you can either take them to the butcher and receive money like the old system (for tagged carcasses only) or you can butcher them yourself and sell the meat, hides, and such off to scripted drop-off points around Blaine County, which would be for the poachers, and insert an element of risk for them beyond being caught hunting what they shouldn't or without a license at the time of hunting, it would mean if you're stopped by Sheriff's Dept you have another risk stacked on top.

Second, and I don't know if this is possible at all, but would be really cool. Make animals that die drop different qualities of carcasses depending on weapon used to kill it, and place it was shot. So lets say you're using a pistol to hunt, and you just spray and pray, you're going to get an awful quality carcass that goes for little money, but if you're using a musket or shotgun and hit them in sweet spots like heart, head, and neck, you get an excellent quality carcass that goes for the most money.