Question, can you role-play recording someone using your phone?

Cleo

I've read the rules, as follows;

CCTV are permitted within a person's residence, if a player has mounted cameras outside their residence, in their vehicles or any place filming the public, they must get the consent of all parties involved. Exceptions:

• Stores that can be robbed have CCTV. The police can review these.
  • State agencies and Government vehicles may use front facing dash cams, without the consent of anyone.
  • CCTV is permitted inside Government buildings without the consent of anyone.

I couldn't find where it covers the phone recording.

Can you role-play recording something with your phone and use a program (i.e Shadowplay) to use as evidence?

Cheers

- Cleo

I'd also like this answered.  Especially in regards to recording a criminal act, law enforcement for protection against brutality and coercion,  and dash cams during vehicle accidents.

I'm not sure concent should be a deciding factor, since all someone would have to do to remove evidence is say no OOCly

Edited by MChavera

"If a player has mounted cameras outside their residence, in their vehicles or any place filming the public, they must get the consent of all parties involved."

42 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

"If a player has mounted cameras outside their residence, in their vehicles or any place filming the public, they must get the consent of all parties involved."

Time for auditing San Andreas.

However, you surely can "/me takes out his phone, immediately switching to the camera feature as he/she hits the rec button".

There's never been an issue and for the sake of RP, it should remain as such.

44 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

"CCTV are permitted within a person's residence, if a player has mounted cameras outside their residence, in their vehicles or any place filming the public, they must get the consent of all parties involved"

There isn't a specific rule that clarifies this directly but I don't think it's needed. If you're in a situation where you start recording on your phone and later use it for whatever, as long as you emote it so those around you have the chance to properly roleplay the person recording or are at least aware of them. I don't see an issue with this at all.