Remove $5000 Paycheck Income

aldo

That's a real nope from me, people are already very skeptical on spending their money on things that don't provide them with a scriptwise value (cars, guns ,etc), removing the paycheck income would not only screw over any new player but further increase money hording.

Once the overhauled job system that they've been talking about comes out (the one that's to fix the mining fiasco, as well as add trucking), maybe it will be viable to do something about the paycheck.

As of right now, though, I think all it would do is detract from new players and force them to grind more.

This feature allows rookies to advance in the respective roleplay they belong to. You've chosen to buy a pricey sports car as a teenager with no development nor an appropriate background? Then you have a poor grasp on what roleplay is.

A removal of this feature will result in players farming money from jobs (e.g., trucking, fishing) rather than generating roleplay.

Well,

This wouldn't be fair for new comers, seeing as all us oldies have had the $200,000 starter.

When I first joined the server, I was really grateful for this, as it allowed be to buy a property and a vehicle.

Maybe adding on, removing the money but replacing with tokens;

• 100k to spend on a property (Which if sold, it should give you nothing back)
  • 50k to spend on a vehicle. (The vehicle should come pre-registered and taxed to make it fair for newbies, which if also sold, should give you nothing back and cannot be transferred.)

Then I'd happily support this.

Joining a new server and starting off with minimalist cash is dreadful. As the only way to get money would be to grind. People don't want to grind. Not even role-play jobs. Thus would demotivated new comers from playing, thus decreasing player base. 

This misses the entire point of the 5K income. Its to give new characters the ability to get to the point where they can RP how they want. Not everyone coming to Los Santos/San Andreas is going to be a penniless vagabond, but if you do want to RP that, then instead you can invest in low-tier housing and crappier vehicles. If its removed we're going to have a massive boom in burritos flying all over the place from the courier job.

As someone who has started playing on the server about few months ago and have put over 300 hours in my character already i also disagree with this suggestion.

During my first 40 hours due to the paycheck i was able to actually go out and meet people. I think a lot of old players forget their first time on the server, if you come in on your own without any OOC friends it is really difficult to establish yourself and have some fun because you do not have any IC friends. Having that paycheck allows for people to go into establishments to meet people, buy a starter car so they can drive around with something.

Also new players that might be trying out rp for the first time or on gta 5 rp for the first time might have no idea about the RP jobs. There is plenty guides out there but still, they would most likely run to the scripted jobs like mining and fishing. While those jobs are certainly needed and with the bonus removed they are pretty balanced right now. Still the 5k an hour thing allows for less grinding on scripted jobs and more RP.

200k is basically the medium that i think anyone can comfortably rp, where they are able to buy an apartment or rent one and also buy a car. And if the person is smart and rp's their character properly they will not spend all of their money and will keep some saved up so they can go out and rp with others instead of grinding for cash.

EDIT: And like Rensai above me said. Not everyone rp's an 18 year old that just flew into LS and has no money, some people might rp someone who has been living in LS their whole life and so on. The 200k is not a lot of money and it's certainly not too much.

Edited by shiroq